Fri, Sep 27, 2:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 3:35 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Export Carrara text to Lightwave

deadboy ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 2:10 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:10 PM

I love using Carrara for text among other things. But I cant figure out how to export the text to lightwave for further processing. Im pretty new to 3d.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 6:58 AM

deadboy, You should be able to export from Carrara to an OBJ file and then import it into Lightwave. I haven't done it in 6.0, but there used to be a way to bring OBJ files into the modeler in 5.6. Good Luck, Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

deadboy ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 1:07 PM

Thanks Eric, I did try exporting in a few different formats. Lightwave seems very picky and I get really frustrated having so many problems with such an expensive application.. It seems like Carrara excells at many things that Lightwave falls short in...like being very stable and predictable. I posted because I thought there might be something I was doing wrong in the export / import process...The main reason I wanted to export the text is becase LW has more shader options (at least in my limited experience) and it renders quicker. If I had more shader options and could render quicker in Carrara I would just use that for text..If anyone else has an ideas please post it. thanks

rockjockjared ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 2:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12385&Form.ShowMessage=411747

deadboy, you'll have to go in and enable all of your plugins. See the link above for a little more info.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.