Thu, Sep 19, 4:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Updating PML 2012

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:04 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:27 AM

Hi,

I think, poser SR3.1 API allows me to avoid using the memorize/figure functions in PML.

I think this is a good thing.  Not using these function should mean

• not messing up the default pose (and IK with it)

• less risk of breaking the figure ( when PML alerts it cannot restore the pose, that can relate to a bug in memorize/restore )

So, I'm trying to fix this. If someone had problems here (and still uses PML) you can sitemail me then we can see if the situation gets better.

I'm also open for any other suggestions/bug reports/ etc.

Regards,

col

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • Hopefully it will run with IK on now too. First experiments looking good. Don't want to promise too much but I hope it can work.

• If someone is using it with hexagon 2 and has issues with hexagon crash, I'll welcome a message too.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 9:27 AM

I still use it with Zbrush 4 and the only problem I have with it that it doesn't export the UV map with the object.

Vestmann's Gallery

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 11:52 AM · edited Tue, 16 April 2013 at 11:53 AM

Then you would be the ideal tester :) UV Export is now build into the standard PML-exporter.

It does not lookup the file names of the material textures but it does export the material channels so that you can assign textures in the modeler.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 11:54 AM

Can I download the latest exporter somewhere?

Vestmann's Gallery

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 11:57 AM

I still have to reconstruct a bit of my development environment. Can you drop me an e-mail? I'll send you the zip once its packaged.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 12:00 PM

Email sent :)

Vestmann's Gallery

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 12:29 PM

I tested in Hexagon 2.5 and now it seems to not crash any more. It started to work when I exported the material names in the obj. Funny.

Hopefully there is some progress also with the save morph as injection pose function. The plan is that it will target the currently selected figure properly now.

I've also added a new script to mass-load injections back into a clean figure that has no channels yet - they will be created on the fly. So one can save all the morphs as injection poses to back them up individually rather than saving a 100mb+ figure copy, and finally one can load them all into a figure with a single click.

jancory ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 1:05 PM

will you be offering this for sale again?  -jan-

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 1:11 PM

yes, I think. I have more confidence now that I could rework some of the ugly parts.  i like it better now. less stuff to worry about. of course no warranties again but I have a better feeling. still wonder where i backuped the manual to.

jancory ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 1:53 PM

ok, thanks--looking forward to it!  good luck finding the manual.....

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 12:06 PM

Yeah I got it. But it will take a while to update.

Too many pages ;(

:)

TL DR

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 11:08 AM

Ok done, I think. But it will not go to any classic store soon, there is just not enough demand. So its rather a never ending beta of continnuous improvement, thats basically all I can offer.

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 12:32 PM

Very exciting news - PML 2012 is still the best extra for Poser I ever bought, it allowed me to bridge Poser and Zbrush pre-GoZ, and I still use it as I find it can be more stable than GoZ on occasion. Ready to buy the update as it sounds like you've added a lot more to it - I'll drop you an email!

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

yollbey ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 12:35 PM · edited Fri, 19 April 2013 at 12:38 PM

No need to buy its a free update :) I'll spam around an update mail when I have tested it a bit more.

Edit: Posted with wrong account. I have a bit of account mess ;)

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 12:37 PM

That's generous - thanks! I'll keep an eye on my inbox :)

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 12:42 PM

I use PML all of the time, so this is good news.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

esha ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 1:29 PM

Good to hear it is still alive! :)

I don't use it every day, but when I do it's absolutely essential. There is stuff that can't be done in any other way. It is a must-have for me; actually, I think it is for any content developer who creates stuff for Poser.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 11:30 PM
Online Now!

Could you please post here when the update is available. So I may contact you for it.

My contact e-mail has changed since I purchased and not sure I would recieve an e-mail about it being updated.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 12:32 AM

Hi bwldrd, I think its best if you just email me at pml2012 at colorcurvature dot com. Its still fresh out of the oven and I dont want to spam update email before collecting some feedback. U/V export was confirmed but maybe I should add an uv flip option because it seems some modellers have a different opinion from UVs than poser does. i remember i had to flip in zbrush also, but I cannot remember what to flip :)

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 6:46 AM

PML is essential, looking foreward to an update :-)

lam2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 3:05 PM

I needed to flip texture map 180 degrees in Photoshop.

lam2

lam2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 3:08 PM

Oops, I use Hex 2.1.

lam2

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 1:24 PM

back from vacation. uv flip finally added.

code freeze & test + docu time

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 1:45 AM

Is there any way you can include an option to maintain part groups as well as material groups for the export? There are times when I've wished I could simply select by part to isolate an area during the sculpt in Modo. Parts and materials are more problematic in Zbrush.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 2:19 AM

thats a valid point. could you contact me by email? the export is now writing mat groups+UVs, at least. part groups have the problem that certain modellers will split the mesh when seeing those, so this has to be optional, i think.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 10:22 AM

@Paloth: I've added it. Would you mind to check it out to see if its doing what you had in mind?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 10:34 AM

Btw: I was wondering whether the full body morph dialed should directly be set to 1.0 after loading the morph automatically. What do you think?

lam2 ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 11:44 AM

I'd like to see the FBM set to 1.0 after the morph loading.

I do it manually everytime to check the morph, so dial it to 1.0 automatically is a good thing, I think.

lam2

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 12:59 PM

Ok, done.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 2:37 PM

Ok, one more day of hardcore testing, and its done and back.

TylerZambori ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2013 at 8:51 AM

What is PML 2012?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2013 at 1:32 PM

It allows to morph poser figures in an externel modelling application, like blender, hexagon, sculptris, C4d, modo, maya, zbrush, ...

http://cgscripts.colorcurvature.com/morphloader.html

TylerZambori ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 9:32 AM

I need that. when will the web site be up and running?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 9:38 AM

Do we get a notice when PML is updated? ;-)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 1:20 PM

Yes, I need to collect the emails based on the old paypal and make a reusable distribution list on my webmailer without generating more chaos than there already is >_<

Having the products on rendo shop indeed has some advantage over manual processing.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 3:18 PM

After Using it in various situations I do not exaggerate when I say that your script is pure gold colorcurvature, now that I use I can not imagine working in Poser without it .

( and the M4 K4 mixer is another jewel)

If someone working in runtimedna reading this, accept some advice  and offer him working with you, the man  is a F... genius....

ps:I am very happy with the product, ¿Is it too obvious?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 4:02 AM

hi @all, I wondered, PML 1.38/1.39 is working ok for you? I've recently got a problem report (new pml vs zbrush), but it was the first of its kind and either noone is using the new versions yet or there are additional pitfalls involved.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 8:45 AM

Any further developmen with PML2012?  I'm currently using v1.38 with Zbrush and it works like a charm. I always get an error message when exporting morph from a figure with Poser Unimesh skinning but it doesn't affect the outcome of the morph process. Other than that it works great but I'm curious if there's any further development...

Vestmann's Gallery

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hi, no, not really. Unimesh skin issues had been reported but I think none was fixed by SM yet. Furthermore, appearently simulation results are hidden from the plugins are not accessible. 1.39 exists but its not a major upgrade, it addresses a handful split vertices in the hands of rex and roxie, which have a rare multi-weld setup in the fingers. Besides, I cannot remember if there is anything new in it.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 4:04 PM

colorcurvature:

Hello. I don't know how I missed hearing about the update of PML2012. Does it work with PoserPro2014?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 5:06 PM

Quote - Hi, no, not really. Unimesh skin issues had been reported but I think none was fixed by SM yet. Furthermore, appearently simulation results are hidden from the plugins are not accessible. 1.39 exists but its not a major upgrade, it addresses a handful split vertices in the hands of rex and roxie, which have a rare multi-weld setup in the fingers. Besides, I cannot remember if there is anything new in it.

That's all right. I'm really enjoying the product. The unimesh issue doesn't bother me at all. I just recently realized that you can save and load morph injections with PML.  It's great for transferring morphs between characters. I haven't even touched on the cloth refitter yet so I'm good :)  Hope you're doing well Hannes.

Vestmann's Gallery

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 5:07 PM

Quote - colorcurvature:

Hello. I don't know how I missed hearing about the update of PML2012. Does it work with PoserPro2014?

LMK

I use it with PoserPro2014 and ZBrush. Super fast and very stable. Can't recommend it enough.

Vestmann's Gallery

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 11:39 PM

ikendall, which version are you running? pml 2012 runs in poser 2012 and 2014. I think I had sent an update notification by email to everyone using 2012 version. 1.38 doesn't have the pose memorization problem any more, and its faster too. please drop me a mail to pml2012@colorcurvature dot com so I can send the update. for 1.39 there was no update notification.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.