Fri, Sep 20, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Sky Dome

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 3:01 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:27 AM

Hi all need a little help.  I bought the dreamlights LDP_R I installed it and just can't get it to work. when I load it all I get is a black scene. I try to load one of his backdrop photos to no availe. still back. what am I doing wrong. I really would like to use this or if some one can tell me how to make a sky dome that I can use with some HDRI photos that I can use on it. 

any help would be great and thank you 

woody2

CyberDream ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 3:31 PM · edited Sat, 01 February 2014 at 3:31 PM

It sounds like you have installed an older version of LDP.  The DS3 versions have problems in DS4

Download an updated version from your account and try that

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 3:38 PM

CyberDream no I actually I have the new dream lite DDP_R which is for daz 4 but all I get is a black ball no textures at all. it has to be a setting that I have wrong someplace but don't know were. but thanks for getting back so fast.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 4:08 PM · edited Sat, 01 February 2014 at 4:08 PM

This is probably too obvious, but are you sure your camera isn't moved or zoomed out too far...then you would be looking on the outside of the dome, which is probably black.  I only mention it since you say a "black ball", which is what it would look like from the outside.

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 4:17 PM

That might be it but don't think so but most the time it is something simple. I did try and move the camera to 0.0.0 and that didn't do anything but will try it again and see .

ldgilman ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quote - That might be it but don't think so but most the time it is something simple. I did try and move the camera to 0.0.0 and that didn't do anything but will try it again and see .

Have you tried submitting a ticket on the Dreamlight help desk?? http://dreamlight.kayako.com

I just tested the link and it still works. I have bought several tutorials and other stuff from Dreamlight. They may be a bit slow to respond as they are upgrading their site.

drittervon5 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 1:17 AM · edited Tue, 04 February 2014 at 1:22 AM

I´ve purchased the LDP-R at DAZ3D. After installing via DIM, I also had problems getting it to work.

So I tried the manual instalation with the .exe-Installer and everything works fine!

If you have also purchased it at DAZ3D you will find the .exe-Installer in your Product Library.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.