Sun, Sep 15, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 10 11:10 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free "White" Plastic Chair Download

LuxXeon ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 8:01 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 11:48 AM

Attached Link: Plastic Chair (OBJ version)

file_502181.jpg

Hi, Guys.  Here's my newest edition to the Freestuff.  The standard 'white' plastic chair, usually found on porches and patios around the world, but can also be used for indoor decor.

This model is built entirely of quad polygons, and consists of exactly 24,612 polys, and 24,414 verts. The model is available in native .max 2012 scene file format, as well as .obj for use in other applications, like Blender, Poser, or Daz-Studio.S, ** *** OBJ USERS, **please refer to the instructions in the README.txt, included in the download, for specific direction on how to load this object into your scenes.

The .max file also comes with an additional low-poly 'base model' on a hidden layer, with modifier stack intact.  This base model contains very few polys, and is ideal for customizing your own chair; it can be totally customized as you wish. 

The model is a solid manifold, and has been UV unwrapped.  However, no textures accompany the model, nor are any necessary.  Any seamless procedural or tile-able texture should work on this object just fine.  I recommend using just a standard plastic material for the best results, and most accurate representation.

Click Here to download the OBJ Version of this model from Freestuff.  The .max version is pending approval.

*All preview renders were made with the Octane render engine, using only a simple plastic shader.

Alternatively, you can also download this model, and view all preview and wireframe renders, at the following resource websites:

Turbosquid.com

ShareCG.com

You are free to use or modify this model as you see fit for your own projects or scenes. As with all my freebies, this model can be used for both commercial and non-commercial renders. You may NOT, however, resell or redistribute these models or textures, or any derivative of them; individually, or as part of a package/set.  As always, if there are any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

gendragon ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 9:06 AM

Many thanks!

LuxXeon ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 11:36 AM

Quote - Many thanks!

Thank you!

Just wanted to update this to say, the .max version has been approved, and is now also available for download in Freestuff.  If you use 3dsmax 2012 or higher, you can download and use this version.

The advantage to using this format is that I've also included the low-poly "base" version of the chair on a hidden layer, with the modifier stack intact.  This additional base version is perfect if you need a low poly plastic chair, or as a starting point for creating your own custom plastic chair design.

Click Here for the .max version.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 12:10 PM

Definitely cool! I have two of the real things sitting in my kitchen. Great work and thanks!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 1:01 PM

Love this - I have some of the real version, too.  Comfy chairs!

Thanks!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 3:53 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

here's one of yer chair, lux.  changed it to green using bagginsbill's leaf shader.

happy st. paddy's day

LuxXeon ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 7:37 PM

Quote - here's one of yer chair, lux.  changed it to green using bagginsbill's leaf shader.

happy st. paddy's day

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thank you for sharing this.  Great material, and really fun render.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.