Thu, Sep 5, 8:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: February/March Theme Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2014 at 4:19 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:53 PM

Fractals February/March Theme Challenge

Contest Full Description:

• Rules -

The theme selected by "Kareldg" is "Weather" Gaia's Mighty Roar ....Mother Nature is the Ultimate Fractalist, a great idea to use her as inspiration for a Fractal Theme. Weather can be represented as Clouds, Sunrises and Sunsets (With or without Polution) Rain, Scorching Heat and the effects on the Atmosphere and surroundings....Gaia's Mighty Roar, Natural Diasters go hand in hand with Weather which when you think about it, it is Mother Nature's only weapon. When we abuse our Home Mother gets angry, Volcano's, Hurricanes, Cyclones, Earthquakes, Floods. All these things are Gaia's voice when she is angry, it would do us all a lot of good to Listen.

Images must be composed of a Fractal , any amount of postwork allowed, imported models, and or backgrounds, can be used, however the main focus of the image MUST be a Fractal.

Any Version of any Fractal application may be used.

Images must not be signed or any Titles applied to the Images themselves.

Images must be new and never posted in Renderosity Galleries before, All images must adhere to Renderosity's Terms Of Service.

Please keep the images to a maximum of 1024 x 1024 pixels and 300k max.(Take Notice the Memory size limit has been increased)
Thumbnails MUST be included, and must be: 100 X 100 pixels (No larger-No Smaller)

Challenge starts Wednesday, February, 12th, 2014 at 12:01am[Renderosity time].

Challenge ends Monday, March 31st, 2014 at Midnight[Renderosity time].

3 images are allowed per person.
Image must be a new work, and not previously posted in the gallery

-Voting-

Voting will take place after the challenge closes and is open to all members.

Voting will begin at close of the challenge Tuesday, April 1st at 12:01AM and will be open until
Monday, April 7th, 2014 at Midnight (Renderosity time).

First place winner picks the theme for the next month, subject to approval with the challenge
managers.

Announcement of winners will be in the Fractals Forum the day after Voting Closes.

Good Luck to everyone........

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

kareldg ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2014 at 4:39 PM

Thanks Len for your extended prescription of the theme.

I hope it's inspiring a lot of fractalists and to join the contest.
Your excellent Apo-creation is already a good example of the theme.

Karel

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2014 at 11:35 PM

Ok, sounds great!

I agree with Karel:
Your image is a stunning example. :-)

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hello Len,

A beautiful theme, and you very nicely displayed as described it. Your fractal is also a very special one.
I hope there will be many fractalists inspired to join the "disasters". 🆒
Mies

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2014 at 12:10 PM

Fractals Feb/March Challenge is open for Voting Weather-Gaia's Mighty Roar

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 7:50 AM

Well there has been a lot of changes the way Thumbs and other things are able to be Copy/Pasted into the Forums so I'll try doing Links.....HTML 5 has made being a Mod a real pain in the ass, things were so much easier before they made things "Better"....

Winners of the Feb/March Challenge Weather-Gaia's Mighty Roar

A tie for 1st and 2nd between rocserum and dochtersions

also a Tie for 3rd and 4th by kareldg for 2 different entries

Challenge Results 

I'll leave it up to rocserum amd dochtersion to decide who will choose the next Theme or you two can collaborate on one, just let me know...

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 8:25 AM

Congrats, people!
Great images.

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 9:39 AM

Thank you Len, for mentioning the results of the challenge so quickly.
Cornelis and Karel many congratulations to you both.

Haha, I'm over the moon. :lol:

And Cornelis, I suppose you are a gentleman, and you'll say: "lady's first" :biggrin:

Otherwise you may choose the new theme. :closedeyes:

rocserum ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 2:11 PM

Even though it's happened before, its still very special that my Tsunami is best elected. I am very happy with it. Mies and also Karel, congratulations on your beautiful submission. Ale and others who participated in this contest. Well done.
And Mies, if you want you can select the new theme.

Lenord, even this time avery well organized contest, and if you're agree I want to give  Mies this choice for a new theme. I hearif its right with you.

Cornelis / Roc Serum.

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 2:50 PM

HiCornelis, I made some jokes, but also thank you for giving me the honor to choose a new theme.
I'll send you a site mail to ask if you agree with my idea about it.

See you, Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 3:21 PM

That's what I would suggest, a collaberation between you two, karel and myself colaberated on this last one and it seemed well recieved, give it a try....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.