Fri, Sep 20, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:41 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Model published in Oreilly paperback book!

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 10:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:26 AM

I'm extremely honored and proud to announce that one of my original models was recently published in a paperback book by Oreilly Media publishing, called "Programming 3D Applications With HTML 5 and WebGL: 3D Animation and Visualization For Web Pages"!

Author Tony Parisi provides a thorough grounding in theory and practice for designing everything from a simple 3D product viewer to immersive games and interactive training systems. Ideal for developers with Javascript and HTML experience.  My "Classic Ball Chair" is used in a credited example, on page 215.  This is a truly excellent book, and I highly recommend checking it out if you have an interest in this subject.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

staigermanus ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 11:13 AM

Awesome, congrats. This has revived my interest in going back to 3D programming. I might just dig in, buy the book, learn and start creating web apps wth 3D. I'm sure there's some use for Dogwaffle in it too.

Congrats!

-Philip

thebest3d.com - beyond dgital painting

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 11:20 AM

Congrats. and that book sounds like its worth a browse.

Eternal Hobbyist

SinnerSaint ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 11:34 AM

Congratulations, Luxxeon!  I would consider it kind of a big deal that Tony chose one of your models, out of possible thousands, to appear in his book.  In case you didn't know, Tony Parisi is the pioneer of Virtual Reality.  He and another gentleman introduced VRML back in 1994.  He's the co-creator of VRML (Virtual Reality Modelling Language), and worked with such big names as Microsoft, Sony, and Sun Microsystems.  The dude knows his stuff, to say the least.  That's quite an honor I'm sure.

danielkramerVFX ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 1:05 PM

Indeed, the author is a well respected 3D programmer and pioneer in realtime visualization.  The page in question talks about the OBJ file format through the three.json loader.  Tony could have chosen any number of the millions of free OBJ models available to use in the photo example on that subject, so he must have really liked something about your model.  Congratulations for sure!

- Daniel Kramer
Modeling Supervisor/Senior 3D Generalist
Intrigue Studios, EncoreFX

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 4:12 PM

Once again, congrats!

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 4:34 PM · edited Thu, 10 April 2014 at 4:37 PM

Thanks, everyone.  Yes, it was a very happy moment this morning when the doorbell rang, and it was FedEx delivering a complimentary copy of the book to my door.  I knew the model was being considered for the book a few months ago, when Turbosquid contacted me to see if I was interested in allowing the model to be used by Tony in the creation of his book.  Of course, I agreed, and signed the release papers.  Then Tony emailed me after that that with his request.

However, I wasn't absolutely sure until today which model Tony actually decided to use, as they had an  interest in two of them at first.  So I really didn't know if I made it into the pages until I thumbed through to page 215, and saw my ball chair in the black and white example render, with full credit back to my DA profile page in the description beneath it, which I thought was really cool.

I'm reading the book now, and he really does have an incredible wealth of knowledge on realtime rendering for HTML, and there's some incredibly useful information contained in this book.   I'm extremely honored to have been considered for even the smallest part of it's creation.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

airflamesred ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2014 at 2:59 AM

Congratulations, mate.

zandar ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2014 at 4:44 PM

Félicitations!  :thumbupboth: :thumbupboth:

You are entitled to much respect.

diastrophus ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2014 at 2:29 PM

Congratulations!

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2014 at 10:26 PM

Congrats Luxx, glad to hear about this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.