Thu, Sep 19, 9:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:54 am)

Subject: G2F... do you use her much?

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 1:02 PM

Quote - Unfortunately, at least for now, the tool needed to create an HD morph from a ZBrush import isn't generally available so we can't make new HD morphs.

I may be misunderstanding...I hope so...but are you saying that there are no new hd morphs forthcoming, even from the vendors?  I wasn't asking to be privy to the hd technology.  :-)  I read that's not available to the general public yet.  

If the vendors aren't going to be making hd morphs anymore, that's a real disappointment.  I do like them.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 1:31 PM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - Unfortunately, at least for now, the tool needed to create an HD morph from a ZBrush import isn't generally available so we can't make new HD morphs.

I may be misunderstanding...I hope so...but are you saying that there are no new hd morphs forthcoming, even from the vendors?  I wasn't asking to be privy to the hd technology.  :-)  I read that's not available to the general public yet.  

If the vendors aren't going to be making hd morphs anymore, that's a real disappointment.  I do like them.

No, only products sold at DAZ have access to HD morphs technology, so the only the PAs there currently have access to the tools.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 1:50 PM

Quote - No, only products sold at DAZ have access to HD morphs technology, so the only the PAs there currently have access to the tools.

Yes, that's what I read.  :-)

Quote - I may be misunderstanding...I hope so...but are you saying that there are no new hd morphs forthcoming, even from the vendors?

I was talking about the DAZ vendors.  Maybe I shouldn't mention the DAZ store here at Rendo?  I post infrequently, so if I broke a rule, I am sorry. :-)

Anyhow, back to the original question -- yes, I'm using the G2 Female, mainly because I'm fascinated with the HD side of her -- but even in her non-HD form, she renders out really well for me.  Even if I am a Poser user, trying to re-learn DS.

I haven't tried the G2F in Poser though.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 3:05 PM · edited Sun, 04 May 2014 at 3:06 PM

They aren't so much down on metioning other content brokers, but no links :) 

I'm still trying to catch the G2F morphs on sale when I have the money, it seems to be an ether/or thing right now lol

When dawn came out I did some V4, genesis, dawn clay shader sidebysides Are there any clay shader examples of G2F with the HD morphs?

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 3:31 PM · edited Sun, 04 May 2014 at 3:33 PM

Quote - They aren't so much down on metioning other content brokers, but no links :)

Thank you.  :-) 

About the clay shader morph illustrations...I THINK there are one or two -- of Olympia, maybe, and Stephanie.  But not V6, which is the one I have.  I figured I needed to keep my Victoria line unbroken.  :-)  If clay shading is the type I'm thinking of.  V6 is shown in full blooming color -- well, a studio look, I guess.

I saw a few clay-looking icons when I was searching for Victoria 6 HD.

The HD morphs are tricky to light -- I have to turn gamma correction on, and I usually don't.  Otherwise, they're too contrasty.  Or else I'm doing something wrong with my lights.  ;-) 

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 4:42 PM

file_504008.jpg

Here's an inept attempt to show a clay render of V6 HD.  Please, keep in mind that I'm not the best render artist, and am re-learning DS.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 4:43 PM · edited Sun, 04 May 2014 at 4:46 PM

file_504009.jpg

And the midrift, with gamma correction on, same lights.

I didn't know how much of the body I could show, even in clay shaders.  :-)

Shading rate: .1

Maybe a better render artist will do some more.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 4:53 PM · edited Sun, 04 May 2014 at 5:06 PM

file_504010.jpg

And the head with gamma on. Same lights, shading .1.

Edit:  Wow, I'm inattentative -- yes, on the V6HD ad, there are clay shader illustrations.

Wished I'd checked more thoroughly, in the first place.  :-)

Ah, well...I like to render V6HD, even in clay.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 8:48 AM · edited Sat, 17 May 2014 at 8:56 AM

Dreging this up because it is the right thread for this, and am repeatingmyself from the carrara thread, but....

You know I'm no sales man for DAZ, but the mil4 legacy shapes for G2F are on sale for about 2/3 off. This is an item that has been on my wish list for a while and I have never seen on sale before. So even if you are just thinking about getting in to G2F I'd recomend getting this set now while it is on sale.

You know what sort of C.O.B. I am, and I'm jumping on it, wrong time of the month for me, low on funds, but just can't miss this. I'm pouncing on it because I have missed too many of these real low priced sales on wish list items before

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 10:21 PM

i use hex and studio bridge all the time to make morphs for both genesis and props and to do clothes drape fixes

my versions are:

studio 4.6018 version

hex 2.5179

i remember when the bridge first came out it had a problem but, daz fixed it and all you had to do was install the above hex version, as most of us had an older one.

maybe try again

manleystanley?

and if you need help i might be able to. at what point do you have a problem getting a dial?? when you send it back to ds from hex there should be a pop up window that asks you to name the morph dial.

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 7:32 AM

The issue was me selecting the wrong option on import. Working with Hex and studio quite a bit now.

But, I have found much of the G2F/M content does not work in carrara. I have to wonder what I paid for because what was new does not work well and DAZ broke a few old features. Personally I am fed up with paying DAZ for breaking carrara.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 7:32 AM · edited Sun, 18 May 2014 at 7:32 AM

Forum hickup lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.