Thu, Sep 19, 9:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: Genesis 2 information please.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 12:58 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:36 PM

do I need to buy these http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-s-morphs-bundle and http://www.daz3d.com/people/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle

to make custom morphs or will the free base work?

marciushess ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:04 PM

If you want make dialed morphs, then yes, you'll need both. But if you were use ZBrush or any other modeler no, you only need the base mesh.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:13 PM · edited Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:14 PM

ahh just I'm having problems inputing it as a morph, it says something about the mesh not being the same or something similar.

I'm using Mudbox as I was able to get a student licence for it :)

marciushess ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:38 PM

ZBrush has a plugin (Goz), so you can export directly, but I think in this case you'll need to export the mesh as a wavefront obj.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:42 PM

that's what I did do, I might try FBX and see if I still have problems, also I'm just learning Mudbox so I'm unsure if it has been adding polys to the mesh or not, I'll have to check everything out.

Thank you very much for your quick replies and help.

marciushess ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 1:50 PM

You welcome and sorry, but I really don't know how mudbox works.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 2:22 PM · edited Wed, 07 May 2014 at 2:22 PM

Hexagon2. Studio is set up to work quite well with Hexagon2 using the Studio bridge, and it's only $20; I beleive, at DAZ. I use it quite a bit to make clothing fit morphs, and have used to make morphs for the mil 4 figures.

Seriously it's as simple as "send to Hex" do your morph, "send to studio" pick your morph catagory, and name your morph, done. No muss, no fuss and falling out of a chair easy. Hex2 may not have all the fancy bells and whistles of mudbox or Zbrush, but then you wont need them.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 2:35 PM

Make sure you have the mesh resolution set to Base before you export. Moprhs work on the SubD cage, not on the final mesh.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2014 at 2:48 PM

thanks I think that is where I went wrong :)

I find Hex2 confusing as I'm used Max for over five yrs now :) Mudbox is very simple to use for smooth morphs and for some reason Daz and Hex has stopped comunicating :/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.