Tue, Oct 22, 12:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 9:28 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Possible new tut

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 1:01 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:34 PM

I was considering a new "making of..." but I notice that the making of the latham no longer shows here and the archives show nothing.

Was there a reason why my thead was deleated?  Would you prefer that I not run through the making of another model?

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 2:08 AM

Attached Link: here

The search is all messed up

Warlock279 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2014 at 3:25 PM

Indeed, your thread wasn't deleted, but anything that's inactive for more than 30 or 45 days [i forget which] ceases to show up in the forum, but it'll remain available via the often clumsy search feature. If you take a look around, you'll notice some of the more inactive forums on the boards, might have no threads showing, even tho that forum might show as having "new posts" simply because its been awhile since the thread was active.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2014 at 1:23 AM

Ok, thanks.  Too bad there isn't an "archive" button.

I'd like to scroll back in time but apparently this is only doable if I know exactly what to look for.

Bummer.

airflamesred ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2014 at 5:53 AM

Press the search and put the dates in and you can be transported back to a time when 2000 was a high poly count and MS where breaking new ground with windows 98.

diastrophus ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 8:49 AM

I really wish the tutorials and "making of" posts in this thread were stickied.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 2:56 AM · edited Wed, 25 June 2014 at 3:01 AM

Funny, I updated waterfox and the "archive" button showed up.  Go figure. 

And... I posted in the community forum that I wished we had an archive button.  Ok, so, its time for shrimp on the barbi and a few laughs!

And Diastrophus, be careful what you wish for. When I posted the Making of the Latham, I had never made a ship before.  I did not know if I could do it.  I really wanted to do it so I worked to make it happen.  I had to backtrack once or twice and say later "don't do what I did earlier." 

But it was fun, real fun, and I want to do another "on the fly" model.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.