Thu, Sep 19, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: talk designer

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 8:35 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

so poser switched its talk feature from mimic(which for my needs was just fine) to talk designer and it needs the wav to be mono 22050 rate and all that. however i think mine crashed or something. it did work on some files, in the past in talk designer. so i made some new ones and thought it had the same specs but it reads "this audio format is not recognized by poser". so i thought it might be me so i tried one i knew worked before, and got the same error message. so i figured i would try one of the "default" wavs poser has, and got the same error message.(sorry that was a little long winded)

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 9:37 AM

Which version of Poser, Mac or PC and which OS? 

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 5:01 PM

pc poserpro 2009

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 7:13 AM

Check to be sure your audio files are uncompressed wav files sampled at 22050. Poser's manual is a little incomplete and incorrect when it comes to Talk Designer for some reason.

Looking at the supplied files in PP2012, I don't have PP2010 on this machine and I've never owned P9; I can see that the audio is sampled at 44100 uncompressed. Somewhere Talk Designer changed in the sample rate it can use. I just ran a PP2012 sample through PP2014. It crashed with the same error as you describe. Drop the sampling rate and previous included samples work just fine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.