Thu, Sep 5, 8:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: April/May Themed Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 5:46 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 2:48 AM

Sorry it took me so long to get this going, been sidetracked by medical stuff at the VA the past couple of weeks but I finally remembered and got it done, because of that there is no delay to it's opening, its Open for Entries now.

This Challenge theme was a joint choice of dochetersions and rocserum, CoWinners of the last Challenge and I think it's an Inspired choice for a Theme The Sound of Fractals 

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 11:51 PM

I hope you're ok, Len.

Great challenge.

Corrie

kareldg ( ) posted Thu, 17 April 2014 at 4:14 AM

I also hope everything is fine with you again.

Your opening-image is a great fractal-instrument, sounds very good :))

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 10:03 AM

Have to go to see any doctor, I hate it, but sometimes it's necessary, and I hope your doctors are knowledgeable, and human.
I really hope things are all okay with you now, my friend.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 10:21 AM

Got to go back today for results of the Kidney Sonogram and other tests, I know there's something going on there just don't know how bad yet, hopefully not too bad. Have a Surgery scheduled for May 1st, Outpatient, In and out same day as long as things go right, remove a cancerous lesion on my neck, hopefully everything will be cleared up by the 9th of May and I can be ready for a good Summer.....

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 10:27 AM

Ew, that doesn't sound good. :-(
I have my fingers crossed it isn't too bad, Len.

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 11:05 AM

Oh, I will think of you, dear friend, and we hope the results will provide less worries, so not very bad for you.
For the May 1st, we wish you a lot of good courage, Len.

You fractal as an example of the new challenge is wonderful, I clearly see a cello, or other stringed instrument (the bottom of it). It is a beauty in simplicity of its luster.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote - Oh, I will think of you, dear friend, and we hope the results will provide less worries, so not very bad for you.
For the May 1st, we wish you a lot of good courage, Len.

You fractal as an example of the new challenge is wonderful, I clearly see a cello, or other stringed instrument (the bottom of it). It is a beauty in simplicity of its luster.

Don't worry about me, I survived Cancer and 2 Heart Attacks, I know I'm on borrowed time and I've made my peace with fate and whatever it holds but for some reason I don't believe my destiny is yet nearing completion, just a feeling I still have a few things I'm meant to accomplish before being allowed to move to the next Adventure on the path to Everything.

That's an old old FE piece from my Gallery, The title was "Lyre Lyre"

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 1:55 PM

Thank you for sharing your feelings about your thoughts about 'life'.
It does good to read your words, Len.

About the fractal, I never had imagined it was an FE, had more the idea it was Apophysis,
so that is quite interesting.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 5:36 PM

Well, it wasn't such awful news from the Renal Doctor, The Sonogram showed nothing out of the ordinary but it seems my last Blood test just showed some areas of concern as some readings had moved into suspect range for Kidney functions. The Doc Changed some of my Meds and put me on a more restrictive diet(yuck) and said we'll see how it goes but for now it's nothing to be overly worried about just something else to keep an eye on.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2014 at 5:51 AM

Oh, I'm glad, Len,  that things are not urgent, and that, by following a diet, things can be prevented.
Of course, a diet is not pleasant, but it may be that you have to get used to it, and that it's not too bad for you after a while.

Thumb up, and THX for the message, my friend. :)

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 11:41 AM

Well, not as simple as I thought, was called by the VA early Monday to come back for more tests, now the Cardiologist is in on it too. Seems everything is out of whack, they decided to stop all my meds except Diltiazem for High Blood Pressure and Warfarin(Rat Poison) a Blood thinner and an Asprin. Thought all along I was having to take too many damn Meds, 9 pills a day and I think half were fighting the other half, that's why I'm all messed up. Got to go back again tomorrow, man I hope this gets stabalized it's really starting to get on my last nerve.

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 12:24 PM

Oh man!
I have my fingers crossed this will help, Len.
Keep us posted, please.
And get well, you hear?!?!?!?!

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 2:16 PM

Hi Len

What a hassle with so many tablets.
So there was a war going on in your body, one pill against others. ;-)
I hope it will improve by changing the quantity of your medication.
I can imagine that you become crazy this this way.
We wishing you a lot of strength, and, like Corrie writes, please keep us informed how it goes with you, Len.

QuietRiot ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2014 at 10:19 AM

I so hope things are getting better for you. I have only one kidney left, and test results can scare the bejeebers out of me sometimes. Hang in and know you are in our thoughts!

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2014 at 2:48 PM

The April/May Themed Challenge is in the Voting Stage so go Vote for your favorite entry The Sound of Fractals

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2014 at 11:55 PM

Voted. :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 12:09 PM

Here is the order of the Final Voting of the April/May Fractals Challenge

** 1st Place**
Entry #14 by dochtersions on May 27, 2014 9:48 am ** 2nd Place**
Entry #4 by dochtersions on April 23, 2014 12:38 pm ** 3rd Place**
Entry #15 by Badsue on May 30, 2014 10:18 am  

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to all members who participated with Entries and Voting.....Kudos to you All

dochtersions will need to notify me with the choice of the next Theme for the New Challenge.

List of all Entries

rocserum
04/17/2014
Entry #1

dochtersions
04/18/2014
Entry #2

shellydoe
04/18/2014
Entry #3

dochtersions
04/23/2014
Entry #4

rocserum
04/25/2014
Entry #5

shellydoe
04/26/2014
Entry #6

peedy
04/29/2014
Entry #7

dwarvenkind
05/17/2014
Entry #8

kareldg
05/19/2014
Entry #9

kareldg
05/19/2014
Entry #10

kareldg
05/19/2014
Entry #11

shellydoe
05/23/2014
Entry #12

rocserum
05/24/2014
Entry #13

dochtersions
05/27/2014
Entry #14

Badsue
05/30/2014
Entry #15

Badsue
05/31/2014
Entry #16

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 12:15 PM

Congrats Mies; Mies (grin) and Sue! :-)

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 12:56 PM · edited Sun, 08 June 2014 at 1:10 PM

Oh,men, I didn't see it.
It is, that I was cleaning my postbox (I've 683 unread  :woot:).
When I clicked on an old post of the fractalforum, I saw this surprise.

Thank you all very much.

And Congratulations to Susanne.

To be true, I think everyone should be congratulated, because there are so few fractalisten who make the effort to participate, so I really appreciate all here.

If only we could come up with something, so that more participants came, huh?
But it would be crazy if we were handing out bonuses to also get involved with this fun and educational challenge.

Come on, fractal-friends, join the club next time. It should be a cool communitie, where we can share things together
I know at the photo department, there is a lot more enthusiasm, as well as a nice touch to each other, where we are also sharing a lot of humor.
That just is the kick.

So, this was the sermon of Mies for the first Pentecost. :lol:
Love to all, from this girl, and I will think hard about the new topic, I think something that, for example, we represent a mood, but of course I first have to talk to our friend and moderator : Len.

You'll see me, Len.

rocserum ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 4:36 PM · edited Sun, 08 June 2014 at 4:38 PM

So Mies, here you are with your good behavior. It could not be otherwise, but there is only one who was able to win, simply because I had voted on you. A beautiful result which ibrought  the theme so very well into the picture. A real winner, again, but very well deserved! Think of something exciting for the next topic, but that is entrusted to you! 

Hats off, Congrats Mies and Sue! who also had an awesome beautiful picture.
Cornelis

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 4:54 PM

I agree of course with what you say about participation, it's a shame more don't and I have tried to figure out how to get more but it hard with Fractals. It's a limited group to start with and participation is voluntary so what can I do, I have thought about Prizes but what kind of Prize can you offer a Fractalist, we can't use 99% of anything in the Renderosity Marketplace and besides Renderosity wouldn't sanction it because it's a Fractals thing, it would have come out of my Pocket alone. I may do it anyway, offer say a $15 Gift Certificate to the Marketplace or maybe even our Sister Site Delighted(A Crafts Site) as well as choosing the next Theme for the winner just to see if it garners more participation, if it worked I could continue the Prizes, it would be worth it to me if it really bumpes up Participation.

There are rumors from the Higherarchey that we will be adding Tee Shirts, Totes and the like to the Marketplace again those would be good Prizes but that's just a Rumor I've seen nothing concrete about it yet. I'm always open to suggestions for getting more participation in Challenges or Activities in the Forum so if anyone has any Ideas speak up.

Oh and Cngratulations on winning Mies

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 11:17 PM

Uhm.
I am not for prizes, Len, although a T shirt could be cool.
But not out of your pocket, ok?

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 2:29 AM

Good morning (here)!

Thanks for your congratulations, Len.

@ Len: Also, I'm definitely not to display prices. I mean, it's fun as the regulations are now, namely, for fun and for the challenge, not to strive for prices. And certainly not, if you were going to pay it, Len.!
I don't like it when people get involved because they strive to prices, that's not a pleasant thought, for me at least.

It was just a spontaneous 'shout' of me, because there are so few competitors.
I don't know how many people tend to vote, so who knows, maybe a lot more fractal people do, and if, this would make it nevertheless interesting, regarding the full time score.

@ Corrie, thank you too, my friend. :)

@ Cornelis, thank you very much for your kind words, and about the new theme:
This is obviously more difficult because much has already been passed, but my head is already running on something.

Love,
Mies. :)

Badsue ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2014 at 2:12 PM

First of all, congrats to Mies and Mies, lol! Your entries were all so beautiful! Unfortunately I missed voting, but that wouldn't have changed anything, I'd have voted for "Smokey Eyes" if I hadn't been away. Also congrats to all other participants, loved all of the entries!

As for the "prizes" thing - I go with Corrie's and Mies' opinion. It should be for fun and not for gaining prizes, and not at all if it has to come from your pocket, Len. No way! If ever Rendo should be interested in the fractal community, then a T-shirt would be fine indeed. Or a "fractal enthousiast" sticker for the car...this only after torturing my brain for finding something else. ;)

@ Corrie, Mies and Cornelis - thanks for your kind words!

@ Len - thanks so much for making this possible and all your work even when you're not feeling too well. Just hope it's all better now.

Cheers,

Susanne

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 10:36 AM

@ Liebe Susanne,

Thank you so much for your nice words, and I hope your tortured brains are become a bit 'normal' again, LOL.

The new theme is fixed, and our hard working Len is content about it.
But I've said, Len should take it easy, because his health comes first.

Love to all
Mies & Mies
😊

kareldg ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 2:47 PM · edited Wed, 11 June 2014 at 2:48 PM

Better late, than never :))
My gratulations to the winners.

Karel

Badsue ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2014 at 9:59 AM

@ sehr liebe Mies :)

Would you already tell the new theme so we could already start working on something or shall it remain secret until Len will officially announce it when he'll be well enough again to do so?

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi liebevolle Susanne :D,

"To be safe", I write Len a site mail rightaway, is that okay for you, my friend?

Haha, otherwise Len will give me a kick under my ass, you'll never know, huh?

:scared:

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 4:30 AM · edited Sun, 15 June 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi dear,

Len hasn't yet responded to my message.
I read on his gallery that Len is busy with a trip through the desert.

Len probably wants to give his own interpretation, Susanne; but who knows when he will pop up again, and whether he "überhaupt" (anyway) will come back, from that wasteland, huh?
🆒
Below I will now write what my suggestion was to Len, in connection with the new challenge.
So here it is (with risking my live, hahaha).

Hi Len,  

Here's my proposal on the following challenge:  
 A fractal which expresses, or appears-shows, feelings, or emotions, such as joy, anger, sadness. Also things like a smell, taste (ones taste), a mood, chill, heart touching things.  

I'm sure that you can supplement the list.

btw: I myself did not start working on a fractal for the new challenge, I have no time in stock. ;-) .

Best wishes to all,
Mies ~ Jacomina.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for risking your life, Mies. ;-)

Yes, I remember Len said something about that bike trip.
I hope he makes it back, safge and sound.

Your idea for a challenge sounds fantastic!!

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi Corrie,

Thank you, my friend! I'll keep my fingers cross for Len, and for my life. :sneaky:

Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 2:00 PM

Sorry, I have been away for a couple days, no worries it's fine with me, I have the Challenge ready just hadn't posted it yet. Should have done it before I took off Friday, oh well....so Fire me

It was a good Ride, 6 of us total 4 Bikes, spent Friday night under the Stars at the campground at the bottom of Guadalupe/El Capitan the Highest points in Texas. Stopped in Carlsbad NM for Breakfast Saturday then on to Cloudcroft and Ruidoso NM in the Pine Forest proper, spent the night in Ruidoso in a nice Cabin, off season is cheap especially split 4 ways and no reservations needed. On back through the Desert to EP today, a Nice Ride really nice, I needed it, a Good cruise on my Harley always grounds me puts everything back in perspective again. Glad I took the time, now I'm not all tied up in knots worrying about the coming surgery I can just get it done, heal and be ready to Ride some more....I really was Born to Ride

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 3:03 PM

It's great to read you had a good time, Len.
Doing so, you could clear your head, and gain new perspectives.
I can imagine that very well.

btw, My grandfather and father also had a Harley.

Best wishes, and take it easy, huh? ;-)

Mies.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 11:14 PM

Hi, Len! ...................waving............

I am with Mies:
Happy you had a great time. :)

Corrie

Badsue ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2014 at 8:10 AM

Thanks so much dear Mies for risking your life for me! :) I just hope Len is well!

Not an easy topic but then again very very interesting, I'm curious what can be achieved with these "Vorgaben" (standards, defaults?? Grr...my English...)

Same for me regarding lack of time (always!), but WHEN I've got some time, then it's nice to have a topic I can try to work on. And if Len should not accept your suggestion (doubt that though), no problem as well cause everything produced can still end up in the gallery anyway, right?

Hugs!!

and have a great weekend, you, Karel and all other fractalists!

Susanne

Badsue ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2014 at 8:14 AM

Oops....I just realize that I've overlooked a couple of replies! Ts...tss....Glad you're back, Len, and that you had a great time!

Susanne

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2014 at 1:18 PM

Ah, dear Susanne, I hope you have fun with the new challenge theme, my friend.
And you see, I'm still alive, and Len as well.
Len is not even fired, we really can't miss our moderator, right?

:thumbupboth:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.