Tue, Oct 22, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 5:55 am)

Subject: are poses for Poser going to work in Daz ? (i13)

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 2:50 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:21 AM

I like a lot of the poses that Ironman13 makes.
Some of the nice ones are for Poser ++ it says.

Will they still work if I am only using Daz studio?

I would also want to use them on V6 and M6 if possible.

Thanks.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 3:40 PM · edited Sat, 05 July 2014 at 3:42 PM

Poser poses will work just fine in DS, BUT if they're made for a specific character, (I beleive Ironman13's are for V4/M4 mostly) they may not work as expected or at best there will be a lot of tweeking to do for Genesis characters.

Try downloading a pose set from the free section and try it with your Gen1 or Gen2 characters and see how well they will work for you before purcase, to be sure.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 4:17 PM

I've used the i13 poses in Studio for the G2Female and Male and they worked pretty darned good.  The only problem I had was that some of the hand gestures warped the plane of the hand like it was drawing back on itself with arthritis.  Easily adjusted.

As a fellow i13 junkie, I'd say get 'em while they're on sale and have fun with them.  At some of the prices you can catch their pose packages at, even if you only wanted a couple of them, it's still a bargain.

(And you can tell 'em I said so!)

BlackStarr42 ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 11:52 PM

I use them all the time and she has some at DAZ as well and they are great. If your thinking about getting them do it. I only use DAZ by the way. 

markht ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2014 at 12:00 PM

I have used V4 poses on G2F.  They work fairly well. There is a product in the DAZ store called Handy Dandy by Slosh. It has presets to fix G2F hand and foot poses after you use a V4 pose on G2F. With those fixes V4 poses work fairly well on G2F. You will still need to make some minor adjustments, but that is always true of poses.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2014 at 10:34 AM · edited Mon, 07 July 2014 at 10:35 AM

great help. Thanks!

However, I want to add that I have tried "expressions" for the face/mouth/eyes/lips  designed for V4 and they just don't do anything when applied to G2F. I least from what I have tried. I just couldn't get them to work. Maybe I was doing something wrong. But i guess expressions probably just won't work at all?

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2014 at 7:55 PM

Quote - great help. Thanks!

However, I want to add that I have tried "expressions" for the face/mouth/eyes/lips  designed for V4 and they just don't do anything when applied to G2F. I least from what I have tried. I just couldn't get them to work. Maybe I was doing something wrong. But i guess expressions probably just won't work at all?

Again, it depends on what fogure the expressions were designed for. I say stick with ones made for the fiqures you use.  Not to say they won't work, but the results may not be the same as the intended figure the were made for.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Bejaymac ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 4:20 AM

With poses your working with just the bones of the figure, as long as their internal names are the same then the pose will work across several figures, the only problem being the different bone lengths and default positions in the figures.

Expressions generally work on morphs rather than bones, so in this case you need the internal names of the targetGeom in the different figures to be the same for them to work, add in the difference between Poser figures and TriAx figures and I'd be surprised to find many expressions that work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.