Sun, Oct 6, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractals This Week

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2014 at 5:55 PM

Couple of things to announce, well not really announce just say I guess. Voting for the Dec/Jan Fractals Challenge is set to close tonight but there has only been 7 votes cast so far, pretty pathetic, I have decided to leave it open 3 more days until midnight Thursday 2-6-14.

Also have ya'll been watching the Gallery, you guys are really kicking out amazing pieces, at this rate the next Showcase may be one of the biggest so far.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2014 at 9:17 AM

Results of the December/January Fractals Challenge Winter Wonderland

** 1st Place**
Entry #16 by kareldg on January 20, 2014 11:34 am ** 2nd Place**
Entry #1 by rocserum on December 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Two others were tied for 3rd place

peedy
12/16/2013
Entry #4

DiamondPointArt
12/28/2013
Entry #8

Congratulations to the top vote getters and thank you to all who took the time to enter and cast votes in the Dec/Jan Fractals Challenge.

The winner can contact me at any time with the Theme for the Next Challenge and I will get it started as soon as possible

Here are All the entries in order of their appearence in the Challenge

rocserum
12/10/2013
Entry #1

velasco
12/12/2013
Entry #2

dwarvenkind
12/13/2013
Entry #3

peedy
12/16/2013
Entry #4

grimsmistress
12/17/2013
Entry #5

velasco
12/19/2013
Entry #6

kareldg
12/23/2013
Entry #7

DiamondPointArt
12/28/2013
Entry #8

shellydoe
12/31/2013
Entry #9

shellydoe
12/31/2013
Entry #10

shellydoe
01/01/2014
Entry #11

spiegel428
01/14/2014
Entry #12

dochtersions
01/16/2014
Entry #13

3dcheapskate
01/17/2014
Entry #14

Badsue
01/18/2014
Entry #15

kareldg
01/20/2014
Entry #16

dochtersions
01/21/2014
Entry #17

dochtersions
01/25/2014
Entry #18

kareldg
01/28/2014
Entry #19

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 10:22 AM

The Fractal Showcase Window has been updated with February's picks... February Showcase

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 10:30 AM

Good picks again, Len.

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2014 at 8:54 AM

Since I got the new computer and Highspeed Internet hookup I've started posting and participating more over at DeviantArt again. I started Posting some of the stuff I've been posting here the last few months and this morning I found Time Forgot Time Forgot had recieved a Daily Deviation award Time Forgot at DA. Yehaw nice to get some notice once in a while, since I joined the Staff here can't get none here, not that Fractals get much notice here anyway. Fractals are Big at DA, one of the biggest Fractals communities around, I'll be spending a lot more time over there with this faster internet I have now, not leaving Rendo or Staff(unless I get fired for being an Anarchist) but DA is where the Fractal action is.

kareldg ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2014 at 7:29 PM

Congratulation with the Daily Deviation award.

You really have a wonderful gallery at DA  too!

Glad you don't leave Rendo.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2014 at 12:07 PM

Fractals Feb/March Challenge is open for Voting Weather-Gaia's Mighty Roar

Also the March Showcase is now up March Showcase

Man did I ever make it hard for myself, the Template for the Showcase is on my other Computer that I just replaced.....DOH!! Instead of just plugging in the numbers I had to code the whole damn thing again cause I forgot to transfer that file from the old Computer and it's stuck away in a closet holding up a wall

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2014 at 12:18 PM

Now be wise and put that code on a CD or so! ;-)

Voted, and it wasn't easy to pick one.

Great pics for the showcase.

Well done, Len. :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote - Now be wise and put that code on a CD or so! ;-)

Voted, and it wasn't easy to pick one.

Great pics for the showcase.

Well done, Len. :-)

Corrie

Oh yeah, did that.....I've been running into all kinds of odds and ends I need from that old computer ever since I decided to retire it to a closet....I had kept it hooked for a couple weeks cause I knew I'd be finding stuff I needed from it but it was in the way so I put it away.....haven't said Oh S#!T so much since I Retired.....not complaining real loud though, having a really good Computer and DSL makes up for any extra work I need to do. I'm really pleasntly surprised by Windows Se7en-Pro, it's Big and Resource hungry like Vista was but so far seems Stable and Reliable like XP-Pro was, don't hate it at all like I thought I would.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2014 at 12:43 PM

That's good that W7 isn't as bas as you feared it would be. :-)
And it's always good to keep saying your "curses". ;-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 7:55 AM

The results for the Feb/March 2014 is official Challenge Results

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 5:50 PM

The April/May Fractals Themed Challenge is Now Open for Entries The Sound of Fractals

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 11:28 PM

A very interesting challenge.

And your fantastic image is a great example, Len.

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 7:33 PM

It's May again, May is the month the AOM is selected from the Fractals subcommunity so go vote for your Fractalist from those Nominated.

Vote for the Artist of the Month

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 11:16 PM

Difficult to pick just one.
They are all fantastic!

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 12:24 PM

The Fractal Showcase for April is now up April Showcase

It's up a day early because I won't be here tomorrow, I have a Minor Surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning and ya never know, even though it's an Outpatient surgery and I should be home by evening something could go wrong, hopefully I'll be back around by Friday.

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 12:31 PM

Beautiful picks again, Len.

Good luck with the surgery.
And you'd better be back, you hear?!?!?!?!?!? :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quote -   Good luck with the surgery.
And you'd better be back, you hear?!?!?!?!?!? :-)

Corrie

I should be, they aren't  putting me under just using a Local so unless they botch the Surgery I should be home for Dinner if not before. It'll have to be pretty damn serious to keep me there, I hate Hospitals worse than paying Taxes....or Rattlesnakes

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 12:45 PM

Oh, I am so with you on hospitals! :-D

Ok, see you Friday again, then. :-)

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2014 at 12:55 PM

Hi Len,

I received no reports of your posts.
It's now that I see you have to go to the hospital.

I wish you lots of good courage, and hope it will be a piece of cake for you, Len.
Hoping too, you are very quickly at home again.

See you!
Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 10:04 AM

Well it's done, Cancer all gone....in surgery about 3 hours, it was a bit more involved than first thought. The lesion on my neck turned out to be the tip of the Iceberg, the tumor was spread out and went deep below the surface, they just kept digging deeper and deeper. An hour of the time was waiting on the Lab report to confirm it was just Basal Cell Cancer and not Malignant. 137 stitches inside and outside to close it up, I was awake the whole time, just local anesthesia so I was carrying on conversations the Surgeon and everyone else during it. One stop at the Pharmacy for pain killers and I was on the way home 45 minutes after they wheeled me out of surgery. Today really swollen and Sore, Black and Blue and pretty high from the Oxycodone but it's done and that's good. Depending on the surgeons skill with sewing there might be a big visible scar from just below my right ear down to the Collar Bone.....good excuse for a Neck Tattoo.

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 10:11 AM

That is fantastic news, Len!
I am so happy about that. :-D
Ah, just another scar, eh? ;-)
Wait a while before gettong it tattood, ok?
Thanks for the update. :-)

Now go and get some rest, please.

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 10:18 AM · edited Fri, 02 May 2014 at 10:19 AM

Thanks Corrie, oh hell yeah I'll wait on the Tat, had more than enough of needles for a good while...not too keen on shovels and pickaxes either, that's what it felt like they were using to dig that SOB out with.

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 10:23 AM

Ew, I can well imagine!
Thank goodness it's done now. :-)

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 11:07 AM

Oh my, what a story with that: shovels and pickaxes, Len.
But it's done, and all finished well, as it used to be, huh?

And now cancel your subscription to hospitals and doctors, huh?
Take care, and take a good rest, my friend.
👍 Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 11:53 AM

Thank you Mies, I fully plan on not moving from my Recliner except for the Bathroom, Refrigerator and Bed for the next couple of days anyway.

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2014 at 12:47 PM

Very good, Len.
And I hope, you can even enjoy this excellent intends.
There is nothing like a good sleep :).

kareldg ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2014 at 7:14 AM · edited Sat, 03 May 2014 at 7:15 AM

Glad to hear it's gone well in the surgery Len.

Hope you will recover soon.

Karel

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2014 at 10:41 PM

Yea Yea Yea, I know, man I'm sorry. been a while since I updated anything Life hasn't been on my side lately but I'm not gonna bitch about that or whine about why, shit happens and there's nothing you can do about it but keep on keeping on. My life my Problems, Im still here and I'll be here....well hell, until you get rid of me. 

Bad News on the Cancer front....another one...under the Right Eye...It's f#@ked up...

1St surgery, got rid of the Cancer but it fucked up my eye.....The whole Right side of my Face is dead.....Can't feel anything on the Right side of my Face...it's Dead. 

I can still see still, that makes me real happy but my Right Eye is totally fucked, looks like some damn Horror Flick, Scars crossing my Face and the Eye droops terribly, it's fucking gross, Leaks all the time....I'm not a Happy Camper...I'm not going to cry about it, already did that, another surgery may be able to fix the Eye some, make it more nornal, plastic surgery for plastic surgery's sake, that'll be different. I know I should be more thankful that I can still see with that eye and I am but if you looked in the Mirror and saw what I saw you would freak out too, It's not pretty...I mean I've never been a beauty just an average Joe and it's not even the scars, they just make me look like the Bad ass I am but I'm not the Monster this Eye makes me look like, they have to do something.

Anyway everything seems down sitewide, that seasonal thing, man it's time to get into the Summer...Fracs are Fracs though, we don't need no stinking new Props or whatever we just do what we do, create from math, basically from thin air, That's why I love Fractals, we don't need any other stuff just our minds to create great art....You gotta have Balls to be a Fractalist, Not many respect you or your art, even less understand it but you don't ever stop...why?...because you do understand it, we understand it, it is the Universal Language of Art, Fractaliststs stand apart because we are who we are....We are the Creators

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2014 at 11:44 PM

I'm sorry about the cancer and the eye, Len.
I really hope things will turn for the better for you.

And if you're waiting for us to get rid of you, you have a looooooooong wait, my friend. :-)

Agreed about the fractals.

Hang in there, Len, ok? :-)

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2014 at 2:41 AM

Oh, dear, what you will be shocked when you suddenly noticed it. Well, for me, you may complain and cry. I mean, the shock must have a way to throw everything out, then you can see where you may be grateful.
Such as, I understand that you are not suffering severe pain, can see and even can make fractals. Although, I can imagine, you maybe have less fun, and perhaps you hindered during concentration.

I hope you don't have to wait long for the operation, and of course that it will be successful.
You might be able to cover all the mirrors with cloth in your house, then you might just pretend it is very less, and you don't have to be faced.
I too hope, you have a good friend who supports you, and who is not deterred by this change, but the same friend stays for you.

We wish you a lot of strength, and throw that rage and anger out there, that will be a relief, my friend.
(as long as you don't go to make your new computer into pieces;-))

You are in our thoughts, Len.

Karel & Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2014 at 2:46 PM

The May Fractals Showcase is now up May Showcase

Also the April /May Fractal Challenge is in the Voting Stage The Sound of Fractals

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2014 at 11:13 PM

Great picks again, Len.
Except for the Amstel Brug.
That is a photo. :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2014 at 8:56 AM

Oops, had 2530289 instead of 298.....not the same, thanks Corrie

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2014 at 9:00 AM

:-)

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 12:13 PM

Official Results of the April/May Fractals Challenge are here April/May Challenge Results

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2014 at 3:31 PM

June July Fractals Themed Challenge is now Open

The new theme is Emotions

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 6:46 PM

The June Showcase is now up June Showcase

The Showcase is up a day early because I will be out of commission for a couple of days, I go in for surgery tomorrow morning and it may be a day or so to get back to normal.....somewhat, whatever normal is

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 11:18 PM

Good picks again, Len.

Good luck with the surgery.
Hope to see you back in no time. :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 9:03 PM

Finally got home, surgery all done, hope they got it fixed up right this time hard to tell right now, looks like I was in a Bar fight and lost real bad. My BP and heart was all wacked out after the surgery and they were going to keep me over night but it finally stabilized and I was complaining so much they finally agreed to let me go home as long as I come back in the morning so they can chesk the old ticker again. I'm doing OK now I'm home, hurts a lot,  more than the first one did but the Doc definitely did some major reconstruction on my freaking Face, got more stitches than that Ragdoll Zlata now. Sure as hell hope that's the end of this crap I'm so tired of grtting cut on, just no fun at all...Well I'm going to eat a couple more Hydrocodones and even though I'm not supposed to have a stiff shot of Curevo 1800 or two, just wanted to let ya'll know it's over at least for now and I am back in action.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 11:16 PM

That's great news, Len.
I, too, hope they got everything out now.
And that you'll feel better, soon.
Now be a good boy and have some rest and sleep, ok? ;-)

Thanks for the update. :-)

Corrie

bakapo ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 4:08 PM

I'm glad you are on the mend, Lenord.

I hope only good news is in your future.

Take Care, Heal Well!

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 9:29 AM

I hope that the recovery continues, and that the pain has diminished, Len.
Of course I hope you will be satisfied, and that you can see very well with both eyes as soon as possible.

Thumb up!
Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 12:35 PM

Things are starting to clear up fast now, I can see fine with both eyes, still some pain but not bad and swelling and discoloration is fading. I go in for another Post surgery check tomorrow see what the Doc says, actually doesn't matter what Doc says, I'm done no more cutting on my Face, I'll shoot them in the eye they come close me with a scalpel or needle that shit's finished......

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 12:41 PM

Great news, Len.
You can tell you're feeling better.
You're defiant! :-D

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 3:09 PM

Thanks for your update, Len.
Great to read that things have already gotten better.
I hope the doctor is satisfied, and that he never wants (or dare) to see you again. LOL.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 11:32 AM

Had a weird thing just happen with MB3D and my Avast Pro antivirus......went to open MB3D for the 1st time in a couple of days and Avast kicked it out as being infected, wouldn't let it open......Restored the .exe from the Virus chest and tried it a few more times with the same result Win32:Evo-Gen(suspected Virus) , Restored it again and ran a Stand Alone Deep Scan on MB3d with zero Threats Detected, Ran a Boot Scan and my Computer was Clean, I then added the flagged .exe file to the Exclusion List and MB3D worked fine, I ran a couple of test renders and everything seemed fine, closed Mb3D and ran another Deep Scan and Boot Scan and everything reported fine.

I believe this is a false positive, something wrong with the last Avast Definitions update, I Reported this as a False Positive to Avast, see what they come up with. This has happened before, I remember a few years ago Avast put out a definitions update that flagged all Adobe Products False Positives man that raised a big stink but MB3D probably won't even raise an eyebrow, Adobe is universal and MB3D has a small Clique of users in a small Genre of Fractalists worldwide.

My suggestion is if you use Avast AV and encounter this problem is to report it as a False Positive then add it to your AV exclusion List and continue on. Either that or just wait for the problem to be fixed by Avast with a future definitions update, they're pretty good about that stuff but it could take a day or two.

Len

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 11:35 AM

I use AVG, but thanks fior the heads-up. Len. :-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote - I use AVG, but thanks fior the heads-up. Len. :-)

Corrie

If you've run MB3D in the last 24 hrs with no problem then that's more proof it's just a False Positive. I mean I've run this version of MB3D for a long time I think I trust it, it could get infected but if it was it would show on a Stand Alone or Boot Scan and it doesn't. Like I said, seen False Positives before, Avast is usually pretty on top of keeping up with that stuff but you gotta remember MB3D users are an extremely small group in the Grand Scheme of things.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 11:55 AM

I have been using MB today and no problem at all.
So yes, I think it's a False Positive.
Thank goodness for that, huh? :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.