Thu, Sep 19, 9:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Freaky Puppets

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 3:52 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:26 PM

file_505763.jpg

I've been amusing myself by building a puppet figure.  I've posted the figure and several characters which use the figure to my site at Morphography.

http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage/2014/freaky_puppets.zip

Only available via this link, until I figure out that new html editor I downloaded.  :unsure:

Part of what I wanted to do with this was work with a simple, basic figure and geometry and use scaling and procedural textures to create characters.  Hopefully that works pretty well.  That attached image shows something of how the figure can be scaled and shader-ed into a variety of shapes and sizes.  The little green guy in the middle is the basic starting shape.

Anyway.  It keeps me amused.  Hope someone can use such a thing.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 4:05 AM · edited Tue, 15 July 2014 at 4:05 AM

file_505764.jpg

The .pzz scene for the image in the top post is included in the zip download.  This shows the included characters at their default scales, but before I improved the joints with weight-mapping.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2014 at 12:34 AM

I've already notified DAZ3D that you have stolen their top-secret Genesis 3 figure. Prepare to be sued :p

But seriously, you should name this character "Revelation" or something equally cheeky.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2014 at 12:48 AM · edited Wed, 16 July 2014 at 12:57 AM

Wasn't there a thread like that, in the Poser forum?  When Genesis 1 came out, and/or when Genesis 2 came out.  Someone posted a stick figure, something something.  Umm.  :unsure:

Oh, I remember.  Phantom3D was going to call his male and female figures Revelation, when they came out.  Sadly, that project never developed.  It's one thing to spend a few days making a puppet figure and a few characters for it.  That's fairly easy.  Making complex human figures that bend and morph well... that's a much bigger challenge.  I wouldn't be able to pull that off, nossiree.  :lol:

Anyway, here's some puppets.  :laugh:

kimbersue ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 4:56 PM

Thanks for the laugh, these are great!

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 7:01 PM

Cute!  Thanks :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.