Tue, Oct 22, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: lighting for Laundry Room ?

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 7:49 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:19 AM

I bought Laundry Room by TruForm. 

Can you suggest what type of lighting is used to get it like in the promo?

I tried different lighting but the washing machine turns out gray and the walls sometimes come out very pixelated looking and grayish. almost like lots of little boxes on it. 

thanks

cedarwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 9:57 AM

Have you contacted the creator and asked about after-market add-ons such as lighting?  Quite a bunch of very kind and generous people in the marketplace.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 12:31 PM

file_505906.jpg

It sound like you need to learn basics of lighting and shaders.

First of all, promo render was done in Poser and certain effects are not easiy duplicated in DS

The shaders were optimized for Poser and DS does not translate specularity properly.
If you want highlights, use white for specular color instead of gray and raise gloss to 80 with specular of 40

Next, you have to ask yourself "where is light coming from?"
obviously Is coming thru window, so put light there.

Light bounces off all surfaces, so use UberEnvironment to make indirect lighting.

After correct shaders, this scene uses one distant light coming in thru window.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 12:42 PM

That is a very impressive example! It's what I was looking for.

Naturally you guessed that I am somewhat of a novice...but a quick learner. 

I will post what i get, as soon as I try some of your suggestions. 

and thanks!

Medzinatar ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 3:10 PM

Once you get shader chip colors sorted out, you can apply gamma correction for linear workflow.
using chip color other than white will cause gamma correction to be applied improperly.
(i.e., using color 127 127 127 at 100% not same as 255 255 255 at 50%)

Medzinatar ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 3:11 PM

file_505908.jpg

Once you get shader chip colors sorted out, you can apply gamma correction for linear workflow. using chip color other than white will cause gamma correction to be applied improperly. (i.e., using color 127 127 127 at 100% not same as 255 255 255 at 50%)

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 6:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 July 2014 at 6:17 AM

file_505917.jpg

Here is my result. I am happy with it. I also contacted the vendor who offered me another suggestion and he is very helpful. Really great support. 

Also, thanks for your suggestions and steering me in the right direction. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.