Wed, Sep 18, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: what content could i make would sell a million copies?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 10:36 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 6:53 PM

there must be a million vicky4s out there?

she needs temples and such, still?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 10:39 AM

She do?  :blink: :scared:

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 10:45 AM

Last night I was browsing to browse.

"What could I build next for Roxie."

I stopped empty handed. Everything has been made over and over again.

How many more swords do we need?
How many more bikini's or bathing suits?

The only gap I found was dynamic hair, and that is extremely personal.

Talking PP2014, with the fitting room and Wardrobe wizzard, to convert the existing lot to Roxie.

A good "new" freestuff" item might still hit 1.000 downloads. (in free stuff that is)
Something for sale?
The 10.001'rst bikini will sell less then the first one.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 10:56 AM · edited Mon, 11 August 2014 at 11:00 AM

more bikinis?

my project enthuse mostly fades in the uv process, more work than fun.

if i could make a wildly successful item, then retire from dayjob, then have all the time to make and uvmap more stuff, more fun than work. ;)

i have my dayjob 4 days a week now tues-fri.  the concept, Monday be my f/t content making work day.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 12:32 PM

give me a million and I'll make you something :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 1:12 PM

I"ll do it for 999.999 LOL.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 1:31 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You need to make something that will fit all figures (with out converting) and their version of ++morphs it needs to be comforming with lots of movement morphs but be fully welded so it can be converted to dynmic and not fall apart. It also needs to be classy (aka not slut wear) but have morphs to make it extreamly sexy because sex sells.  You should also makee sure it is compatible with both Poser and Daz and have a version that will work in Poser 4 and one that will take advantage of all the new tech.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 2:40 PM

Well MLP, I'v got no idea how good yuo are with scripting, but here are 2 ideas's that will sell:

A) Write an "ADU" script for Poser figures. Compatible with all.
Will sell 1.000 copies.

B) Write an "AUD" script for Poser figures. Compatible with all.
Will sell 100.000 copies. (and can be twice as expensive, will still sell in volume).

Oh, you did not understand ADU and AUD?

"ADU" = Automatic Dress Up script.
"AUD" = Automatic Un Dress script.

Other good sellers will be:

"V? Brew me some coffee", script will also do good.
"V? The dishes need done", will be popular.

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:22 PM

The "Make Art" button oughtta do it.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:47 PM

I know, but I'm keeping it to myself ;-)

Something to keep me busy once EZMat is completely finished :-)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:51 PM

I was actually going to request that as your next plugin. :D

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:03 PM

PhilC has one, build into his W-Wizzard. LOL.

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:17 PM

People who retire always tell me that they are so busy that they cannot imagine that they had the time to do their dayjob in the first place.

So, if you want to enjoy your spare time, keep on working...

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:44 PM · edited Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:48 PM

Sounds like Snarly beat Misty to the punch and is all over it. Congrats Snarly, can't wait for you to create the next must have item for poser that sells a million copies.

But....

I've got a 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for a surgical set for M4 and V4, with the face mask, and those funny hats they wear and the shoe covers, which double as a static free costume warn by workers at a high tech electronic firm, where they work in one of those special static free rooms.

I've got another 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for  a sewing set for V4 with a sewing machine and some cloth props to use in the machine. We buy clothes for our girl friend Vicki here, she sews some items herself. Include reattaching a missing button (with poses)

I've got another 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for a knitting set where Grandma Vicki is knitting a set of booties for K4 or knitting sweater or scarf for M4 and a shawl for herself. (with poses)

Now comes what I know about the rumored new Snarly product (I never signed an NDA)...It is an addon (script) for Poser that interprets spoken words by the user. For example if you read any product ideas like I have listed above out loud, the script takes your spoken words and generates the models, imports them into poser (if a figure it adds the bones and weight map zones if needed), textures them and places all the files in the correct folders within your runtime. Then loads the required character (IE V4 or M4, etc) and the product desciption you read out loud is automactically placed in the appropriate place in your scene. Lights the scene and renders and places the completed render in your gallery here on Rendo. I have it on good authority Snarly is calling it "Make Art Button Plus". :thumbupboth:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 5:02 PM

Well, it is a bit better then me yelling at Google glass when I see a fine lady to take a picture of her.
Coming home and then yelling to Glass ; "Tranfer to Poser, and order Poser to build the thing". LOL.

Ahaa, now I see where I went wrong, the "yelling part".

That was on a red sunday you know.
It works better on blue mondays.

Ok, OK. . . . . .  I"m off to do the dishes. Those lazy V's . . . . . .
Always nosing around in my runtime but never does a thing.
Pure pollution, and needing more and more each and every day.

Should have bought her on an uneven day in a yellow year.

LOL.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 6:05 PM

Quote - Sounds like Snarly beat Misty to the punch and is all over it. Congrats Snarly, can't wait for you to create the next must have item for poser that sells a million copies.

But....

I've got a 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for a surgical set for M4 and V4, with the face mask, and those funny hats they wear and the shoe covers, which double as a static free costume warn by workers at a high tech electronic firm, where they work in one of those special static free rooms.

I've got another 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for  a sewing set for V4 with a sewing machine and some cloth props to use in the machine. We buy clothes for our girl friend Vicki here, she sews some items herself. Include reattaching a missing button (with poses)

I've got another 10,000,000 (yes that is a 10) bits of shreaded paper for a knitting set where Grandma Vicki is knitting a set of booties for K4 or knitting sweater or scarf for M4 and a shawl for herself. (with poses)

Now comes what I know about the rumored new Snarly product (I never signed an NDA)...It is an addon (script) for Poser that interprets spoken words by the user. For example if you read any product ideas like I have listed above out loud, the script takes your spoken words and generates the models, imports them into poser (if a figure it adds the bones and weight map zones if needed), textures them and places all the files in the correct folders within your runtime. Then loads the required character (IE V4 or M4, etc) and the product desciption you read out loud is automactically placed in the appropriate place in your scene. Lights the scene and renders and places the completed render in your gallery here on Rendo. I have it on good authority Snarly is calling it "Make Art Button Plus". :thumbupboth:

shreaded paper?  is that a fancy way of saying confetti  

teehee

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 6:13 PM

Quote -  

shreaded paper?  is that a fancy way of saying confetti  

teehee

Yes and I will throw it up in the air when I see those products, that is unless you want me to send it to you. Our paper shreader here are work makes confetti, vs the long thing strips like most paper shreaders.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 9:57 PM · edited Mon, 11 August 2014 at 9:59 PM

If I was going to make stuff for sell.
Think I'd make cool stand alone fantsy characters .
key google words would be monsters ,warriors ,etc etc.
Something ya would see in a cool game.

May be the worst idea ever but there's not one mesh like them
in any of the DAZ Poser stores and very very few at TurboSquid.
guess ya could get a very complex knight meshes to work with conforming close.
but it would be very difficult to make and not the easyest mesh to use.

zBrush has auto uvmaps.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

heddheld ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 12:31 PM

you have to do what fashion designers do every year (or so)

lets go back to the 40's then the ...then the ... hang we did that in the ...

sooner or later we end uo being a nekid vix in a shrine with a lamp rofl

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 4:53 PM

Quote - there must be a million vicky4s out there?

Here's what ya do...

Product #1: The "Real Clothes" people have been yammering for over the past decade... But, don't do what everyone else does. You need bunches of movement morphs, disrobing morphs, ripped morphs, altered style morphs as well as excellent modeling evident in it's deformations. Make sure to export ungrouped, high res, models as dynamic model companions, for the same product. Then, do three texture sets for each and include some prop accesories. Don't forget the shoes and removable belts. Sell the whole thing for ten bucks.... /sigh

Product #1: Real Hair. I mean hair that doesn't look like a melting helmet and, yet, manages to stay as far away from Poser's Hair Room as is possible without the use of nuclear weapons. Good hair. Real hair. Hair that renders and people ask you why you used post-work in your product pic without telling them.... THAT kind of hair. But, you're going to do it differently. You're going to be "awesome." You're going to add reall "hairstyles" to this hair product. It can be an "updo" or a pony-tail or a curled or a banded or a barretted... whatever... In other words, the same hair can be several styles. Have fun with geometry switching... Put at least five totally different style morphs in there and a couple that require geometry switching/weird stuff. Use real hair textures, none of this "I NOEZ HOWZ 2 YOOZ FOTOSHOP FILTERZ" junk, with colors nobody who actually owns real hair would put on it... Remember - It's gotta look real. Sell it for five bucks... /sigh

OR, you can do it the super-duper easy way with instant sales guarrantees! All you have to do is to render whatever product you're selling with a nice boob shot. Be sure to use the worst combination of lighting possible and none of your textures should be interesting at all. Don't bother with any cool material settings, either. Oh, expecially don't introduce any interesting python scripts or, perish the though, animation sequences... Honestly, all you need is a half-decent boob shot in your promo pics and you'll generate dollars. Isn't that great? :)

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 5:14 PM

How about a morphing vagina that is Talk Designer ready?  Haven't seen one of those yet :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 6:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - there must be a million vicky4s out there?

Here's what ya do...

Product #1: The "Real Clothes" people have been yammering for over the past decade... But, don't do what everyone else does. You need bunches of movement morphs, disrobing morphs, ripped morphs, altered style morphs as well as excellent modeling evident in it's deformations. Make sure to export ungrouped, high res, models as dynamic model companions, for the same product. Then, do three texture sets for each and include some prop accesories. Don't forget the shoes and removable belts. Sell the whole thing for ten bucks.... /sigh

Product #1: Real Hair. I mean hair that doesn't look like a melting helmet and, yet, manages to stay as far away from Poser's Hair Room as is possible without the use of nuclear weapons. Good hair. Real hair. Hair that renders and people ask you why you used post-work in your product pic without telling them.... THAT kind of hair. But, you're going to do it differently. You're going to be "awesome." You're going to add reall "hairstyles" to this hair product. It can be an "updo" or a pony-tail or a curled or a banded or a barretted... whatever... In other words, the same hair can be several styles. Have fun with geometry switching... Put at least five totally different style morphs in there and a couple that require geometry switching/weird stuff. Use real hair textures, none of this "I NOEZ HOWZ 2 YOOZ FOTOSHOP FILTERZ" junk, with colors nobody who actually owns real hair would put on it... Remember - It's gotta look real. Sell it for five bucks... /sigh

OR, you can do it the super-duper easy way with instant sales guarrantees! All you have to do is to render whatever product you're selling with a nice boob shot. Be sure to use the worst combination of lighting possible and none of your textures should be interesting at all. Don't bother with any cool material settings, either. Oh, expecially don't introduce any interesting python scripts or, perish the though, animation sequences... Honestly, all you need is a half-decent boob shot in your promo pics and you'll generate dollars. Isn't that great? :)

cater to mens' fantasies?  but that means knowing what men want  >.<

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 6:58 PM

Quote:*
"How about a morphing vagina that is Talk Designer ready?  Haven't seen one of those yet :)"

You're kidding, right?
We already have one, it's called Victoria!!!

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 7:02 PM

Want to sell something ordinary?  Model a hammer and nestle it between a pair of boobs in the ads.  Instant win! :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 8:33 PM

haz a set of french ticklers been done yet?

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:59 PM · edited Tue, 12 August 2014 at 11:59 PM

I read somewhere that four words grab people's attention, 'new', 'free', 'chocolate', and 'sex' - have those in your promo.

And don't forget the "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” principle - think of the most stupid product you can... and then go lower!

:biggrin:

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 12:13 AM

Quote - And don't forget the "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” principle - think of the most stupid product you can... and then go lower!

:biggrin:

There you go, the perfect suggestion! Model a product that sold millions for real..a Pet Rock :thumbupboth:

Gary

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 1:47 AM · edited Wed, 13 August 2014 at 1:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity, violence

file_506581.jpg

> Quote - I read somewhere that four words grab people's attention, *'new*', '*free*', '*chocolate*', and '*sex*' - have those in your promo. > > And don't forget the *"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”* principle - think of the most stupid product you can... and then go lower! > > :biggrin:

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 5:32 AM

Build something with a single vertex.

Then write a 290 page tutorial how you did it?

Sell for 999$

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 7:02 AM

Quote - Build something with a single vertex.

Then write a 290 page tutorial how you did it?

Sell for 999$

a set of n-gons?  :lol:

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 7:43 AM

Ha-ha-ha-, try to build ONE n-gon with ONE vertex. LOL.

LOL, you'll need at least a 500 page tutorial for that. LOL.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 8:17 AM

Quote - ...And don't forget the *"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”*principle - think of the most stupid product you can... and then go lower!...

Apologies RorrKonn (and anybody else) - no offence intended. I knew the quote started "No one ever went broke underestimating...", searched for the full quote on Google, and that's what it gave me. Just rechecked and that is how it's usually quoted, although  that's not actually what H.L.Menken said.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 9:03 AM

Quote - How about a morphing vagina that is Talk Designer ready?  Haven't seen one of those yet :)

HAHHAA that's great, I'd buy it, rofl

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 11:11 AM · edited Wed, 13 August 2014 at 11:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - How about a morphing vagina that is Talk Designer ready?  Haven't seen one of those yet :)

HAHHAA that's great, I'd buy it, rofl

oh mann, trying wipe the bug off my monitor wondering how it got under my screen  

... >.<

teehee

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 4:35 PM

Quote - a set of n-gons?  :lol:

Misty, which begs the question is that a boy dog in your avatar? If so, does he still have a set of n-gons? :scared:

Gary

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 5:18 PM

3dcheapskate : We're cool :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 5:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - a set of n-gons?  :lol:

Misty, which begs the question is that a boy dog in your avatar? If so, does he still have a set of n-gons? :scared:

does it really?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.