Thu, Sep 19, 10:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Remember Painting OBJ Tutorial

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 7:55 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:50 PM

Hi, While I know how to run several 3D programs, blender's control panel had been very hard for me to learn. All I want to learn at this time is how to paint on a object file and have a texture map from the painting. 

I've look for a good tutor with little luck. Can someone recommend a good tutoral to help me learn how to find the painting area. I've found it a few times and I do understand how to paint an object file once in the right area because of have many years experience with corel paint products. However I can't seem to get the painting area on purpose nor how to get the texture after I've painted the object.

Thank you

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Cybermonk ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 9:57 PM

Attached Link: A Painting Tut

file_506592.jpg

While there are ways to manually set up for Uvmapping and painting the quickest is just to select the  UV mapping windows layout. There are a bunch of Tutorials on Youtube. Just search for Blender painting Tutorial. I include a link to one to get ya started.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

kimbersue ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2014 at 8:17 AM

Thank you, I didn't even think to search youtube.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Cybermonk ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2014 at 3:30 PM

No problem :) 

Blender Cookie is also a good spot for tutorials not all are free but many are.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/

Blender Artist is a really active forum. You can pick up alot by just browsing the forums. If you have a question somebody wil have an answer: It mite even be right lol :D

http://blenderartists.org/forum/index.php

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

uresaman ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 8:11 AM

I'm a citizen of Blender Cookie and you get acess to all of the cookie sites, tutorials and courses--for 18 dollars month you get a lot of cluck for your buck and the Cookie team is very responsive.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.