Thu, Sep 19, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: Marvelous Designer 4 Public Beta still has 12 days to go.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 7:35 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:26 PM
Forum Coordinator

Ever wanted to give Marvelous Designer a try?

The Public Beta of Version 4, featuring a lot of new features, will allow you to do just that for the next 12 days. 

New Features include a.o. quad meshing, symmetric editing and more. Look here for details.

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 8:49 AM

I beta tested it and I really liked the quads. I only made clothing for Daz3d and so far so good. I had a lot less issues in Daz3d around the beast and other tight areas with quads.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 11:16 AM
Forum Coordinator

A quad mesh indeed allows lower particle distance at same polygon count.

You can take full control over the mesh by adding internal lines where you want the edges and choosing a large particle distance.

thd777 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 12:40 PM · edited Sun, 31 August 2014 at 12:51 PM

Playing with this right now. Thank you for the heads-up. It is a nice tool and I got some useful results pretty quickly. I only have one problem:  I cannot get poses to work (Genesis 2 female exported as Collada from DAZ 4.6). The posed .dae files come in fine and the rig is there. But when I save a pose file in MD, it has no effect when I load it. Do you know anything about that by any chance?

TD

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 2:39 PM

I don't do much importing, only exporting to daz. 

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

thd777 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 2:43 PM

Well, I would like to simulate the cloth in MD and then send the obj to DAZ Studio. That requires the target pose in MD. In any case, I found one possible path: I can save a .dae with animation going from t-pose to target pose in Studio and load that into MD. This works and produces very nice results.

Thanks

TD

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 2:46 PM

Quote - Ever wanted to give Marvelous Designer a try?

The Public Beta of Version 4, featuring a lot of new features, will allow you to do just that for the next 12 days. 

New Features include a.o. quad meshing, symmetric editing and more. Look here for details.

Where are you downloading MD 4 at?  I don't see a link

thd777 ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 2:50 PM · edited Sun, 31 August 2014 at 2:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ever wanted to give Marvelous Designer a try?

Go to your account and click on "Start now". on the following page is little floating box that says: "MD4 open beta", once you click that you get to page from where you can select to participate. Once you agree to the conditions, the download will added to your account.

Actually the "open beta" box appears on a number of pages.

TD

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 3:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ever wanted to give Marvelous Designer a try?

Go to your account and click on "Start now". on the following page is little floating box that says: "MD4 open beta", once you click that you get to page from where you can select to participate. Once you agree to the conditions, the download will added to your account.

Actually the "open beta" box appears on a number of pages.

TD

I had my screen zoomed in and didn't see it. 

Thanks

atpo ( ) posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 7:27 PM

thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.