Sat, Aug 3, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Polygon Reduction on V4

Axel-Doi ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2014 at 10:19 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 3:41 AM

file_507593.png

I've been having a bit of a problem with my Victoria 4 model. I tring to reduce the models. Polygon count to so I can Export it as an FBX file. But her lips seems to be stuck to on another. I know the Game Dev. is still pretty young but is there's a solution to this?

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2014 at 5:31 AM

this is only a guess :) I'm not at home right now.  The reduction tool has an option to maintain the mesh by material zone.  The lips are a single zone at the moment.  You could try using thr grouping tool to give one of the lips a different material zone, then run the reduction tool.

You will end up with a new material zone of course, but it should keep the meshes seperate.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

bhoins ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 10:44 AM

Why would you reduce Victoria 4? DAZ 3D did the work for you and she comes with a collection of lower resolution meshes. (1K, 2K, 4k and 17k)

(RuntimeGeometriesDAZPeopleblMilWom_v4b_LOD)

In fact you can still apply the morphs to these resolutions. 

Axel-Doi ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 2:32 PM

Quote - Why would you reduce Victoria 4? DAZ 3D did the work for you and she comes with a collection of lower resolution meshes. (1K, 2K, 4k and 17k)

Yes but can you conform it to the clothing figure?

bhoins ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 3:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - Why would you reduce Victoria 4? DAZ 3D did the work for you and she comes with a collection of lower resolution meshes. (1K, 2K, 4k and 17k)

Yes but can you conform it to the clothing figure?

You can conform clothing to it. Open up the V4 cr2 in any text editor and replace the geometry lines with the LOD version you need. (In DS it is simply load the LOD onto the base version.) Save as a new name CR2 in the same folder. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.