Tue, Sep 24, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Simple Turntable Anim output query

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 2:08 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:29 PM

Greetings! I've been playing around with doing up some 'turn table animation' where you place a model in a scene and have the model rotate 360' around in place (just the model). I've been trying to find information on how best to export the animation for web use but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

In Poser Pro 2014, I place the model on top of a cylinder and parent the model to the cylinder, at frame 001 with the Y rotation set at 0.0, I then rotate the cylinder to 350' at frame 100 for example. In poser the animation looks rather decent. To export it, I have tried various settings such as sequence images, and video file but can't seem to figure out how best to output all of this in a format that will work and look best on a webpage and have the animation loop continously.

I have access to all the Adobe software (AE, AME, Photoshop etc) but I think all I'm missing is the simplified version how to finish this off properly.

Does anyone have a process that ends up with a useable result for webpage inclusion?

Thanks in advance.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 3:09 PM

Either image seq or video will work for the web.  If you have image seq already, simple import them into After Effects.  You can also adjust the timing and render out an .mp4 video for the web.  Imbedding this into a web page is rather easy, and can be done with dreamweaver or if you code it uyouself, it's pretty simple.

What is the issue you are having?

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for the reply.. I have done the image sequence into AE and exported to MP4, and another one to .flv (flash video) but can't seem to get the anim to play constantly (looping). A lack of coding knowledge on my part I would say. Would you have a sample html code as to what it should look like for an .mp4 file?

Cheers

staigermanus ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 10:26 PM

there's an option in HTML5 to display a video file and a parameter in that case to keep it looping. Not all browsers support mp4 natively though. You will want to develop with a browser that does, and then add alternate formats for other browsers if you care for those too.

Search for 'html5 video tag' on google or similar,, such as

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

That one will show you which main browsers support which formats, such as mpo4, ogg/ogv, and more

For image sequences: I have an image sequence displayed as slideshow at www.thebest3d.com/slideshow9.5 - look for the source in the html page then grab the javascript code referenced.

It's not the best and coolest but it works, and in this case the images are not all the same dimensions, but in your case they will, and you can change the code to play randomly but if for an image sequence keep them in order.

How many images in your clip sequence, and what dimensions?

Keep them as Jpeg, in general that will load faster, with a few rare exceptions. What file size per each image in your sequence?

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 11:41 PM

Ooh, just what I'd been looking for.. I'll give the html5 link info a try and see if that works out since most of my anims are saved in mp4. Your anim link shows more of a slide show effect while I'm trying to duplicate the html5 link style.. (sorry my terminology is askew)

My Poser images, 100 of them for this anim project was saved in PNG at a large size. I have a rather heavy duty PC and loading and rendering them to mp4 video through AE takes but a minute.. Rendering 100 images through Poser takes about an hour at that size.. But I'll try it again at a smaller scale as suggested..

I ran into a problem this evening with a new anim where I would load the images in AE to render to an mp4 video but now find myself unable to add a text layer to the video as I did previously.. and I dunno why.. Software glitch or ineptitude on my part? Docs say to 'add text layer' but this is greyed out.. hmmm

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Much appreciated!

Seaking406 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 2:19 PM

Just a quick sample of what I'm trying to accomplish, but I think it could be smoother, more polished look to it in regards of the smoothness of the animation (as simple as it is..)

Video file size is only 700KB, rendered to mp4 format from 100 frames in PoserPro2014 (1st frame Y axiz 0, 100th frame Y axis 350)

http://www.eastcoastphotos.com/animtest/spin.html

Any suggestions to make it smoother would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.