Sun, Oct 6, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Just when you thought it was safe...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2014 at 10:31 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

...I return to the forum.

Despite me absence, I've been working on stuff, and as you probably guessed, it's mainly Dalek related.  I'll get round to packing and uploading soon-ish, so you can have some more stuff to clutter up yer Runtimes.

I still have a rubbish old computer but at least I can still make stuff, even if I can't do any worthwhile renders.  Hopefully, that'll change when I start selling stuff again, because I'm sure you'll all rush like crazy to buy my stuff.  ;)

Oh, and what the chuff happened to this place?  Had the decorators in?  It looks horrible and runs slooooooooow on me machine.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2014 at 11:23 PM

Welcome back, Sam

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2014 at 11:46 PM

Welcome back, Sam.  Like what they done with the place?  Yeah, we're miserable about it.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 3:49 AM

Yes, welcome back.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 4:40 AM

Welcome back, you have been missed.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hi Sam.

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 9:29 AM

good to see you back Sam you have  been  missed 

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 10:08 AM

Never heard of you (I'm only a new trouble-causing pipsqueak compared to most around here) - but you sure missed all the fun on the new Rendo look :-D

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 10:30 AM · edited Sun, 07 December 2014 at 10:31 AM

Welcome back Sam, glad to hear you are OK and back in the saddle.

Oh, the forum is completely messed up right now, and nobody of the Rendero staff seems to care.

Visitors and posts have dropped to an all time low.

They do not want us here any more.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 11:53 AM

Welcome back.  I just ignore the redecorating because it is like government regulations:  The rules are meaningless and the points aren't worth anything.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 12:11 PM

SAM!!!!!!!  :D

Glad to hear from you!  :Happy Dance:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 1:29 PM

Oh, and what the chuff happened to this place?  Had the decorators in?  It looks horrible and runs slooooooooow on me machine.

Given your affinity for things Doctor Who related, you should have quoted Troughton and Tennant's Doctors, "Ah, I see you've redecorated...I don't like it." Seriously, it's great to see you back!

Just curious, will your Dalek goodies include things like ""Hover-bouts" and/or "fighters" that we very briefly glimpsed in "Day of the Doctor"?

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 1:40 PM

Welcome back, Paul.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 3:02 PM

Decorator?  More like the demolition squad, Sam.  Welcome back.

kljpmsd ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 4:21 PM

They seem to have knuckled under to the brain dead evil known as 'marketing professionals'.  I've voted with my wallet by deleting my old account, NOT buying anything here anymore and NOT contributing to the forum.  I'd hoped to sell my items here soon but will be taking them elsewhere.  I've asked a couple of artists if they'd sell me their items through some other seller (or privately) and was rewarded with one purchase through his/her own alternate site.  Hopeing that others take up the bandwagon.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 6:33 PM · edited Sun, 07 December 2014 at 6:34 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.  @ vilters:  Yes, it does seem somewhat quiet in here.

@ Redfern:  Heh, I missed a good opportunity for a quote there.

The Dalek stuff will include an update to my STLB4, with a lot more alternate bits and bobs, plus I've given the STM6 a dose of the Geom Switching, too; it will now give you some funky new hemis on demand.  There's also a few more non-canon Travel Machines; the STJD1 and STJD2, inspired by the daleks on "Jim's Daleks" site.  The chap does some beautiful takes on standard models but, since his aren't available for download, I made me own.  There's also another Librarian-Bot inspired model, based on his most recent New Paradigm.  Mine is the snappily titled STLBNPD. Several versions of the NSD also  feature; LPNSD, a low poly version for crowd scenes, NSDX, my standard NSD with a fully modelled neck mesh and STBBNSD, which is my take on BillBailey's NSD2.  If that's not enough, I've also had another go at a non canon Special Weapons Dalek.  Again, mine has little in common with the original, apart from a bloody big cannon at the front.  Last but definitely not least, I've finally made the Davros chair, as featured in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End.  All the moving bits, erm, move and there are plenty of lighty up things, too.  Not a bad effort, if I may say so.

As for non Dalek things, I made a replica of my trusty old Multi FX unit, the Boss GT-5.  Fully detailed, with moving pedals, switches and dials.  I just have to write a bit of ERC and add a mains cable, then it's good to go.  

Needless to say, all these goodies will be free.  Daleks will appear at Project Dalek first, along with an update to my builder's diary.

@ pumeco - I'm sure the others will let you know that I'm a scoundrel, an old curmudgeon and a general nuisance.

@ hborre - Looks like they got Stevie Wonder to do the decorating. ;)

My Store

My Gallery

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 8:29 PM

Good to see you back, Sam.

And no... you didn't miss anything.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 10:16 PM

"Oh, and what the chuff happened to this place?  Had the decorators in?  It looks horrible and runs slooooooooow on me machine."

Sam, it's like in in the movies where the son goes away for college only to come back home during the break to discover that his bedroom has been changed into a workout room. I was shocked at the change of the forum as well.  I don't care for it much, but I'll stick it out like always and hope that the next change will be better.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 12:05 AM

Sam? Is that really you?

Welcome back. I was off the board for awhile too, due to a nasty pc crash. When I got back I thought I had logged onto the wrong site...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 2:25 AM

Nice one Sam ?

Not really here myself just now...

Up to my neck in the pullover of daily life at the moment.

But maybe the holidays will deliver me some present of time. Hope so...

...the possibility of a renewed Dalek presence is only going to encourage me ?

Don't know what everyone's on about? The new site design looks great on my new iwatch ?

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 3:22 AM

Welcome back, sir.
Come in and make yourself at home.
Sorry about the mess.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 5:46 AM

Once more, thanks for the warm welcomes.  Great to see plenty of me owd muckers still hanging on in here; I was worried you'd all jumped ship.

I just remembered... I also made an "Asylum" stylee Dalek, all bashed up and suitably grubby.  Maybe Snarly's snow machine can be used to add a layer of dust.

I'll try to get 'em all in shape for upload by the end of the week.

My Store

My Gallery

icprncss2 ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 7:38 AM

Sam,

Could you sic your Daleks on the idiots who made such a mess of things?  Pretty please? 

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 9:56 AM

Good to you back Mate!!

hope all is well.

My website

YouTube Channel

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 1:53 PM

Blimey! Welcome back Sam - long time no hear!

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 7:58 PM

Welcome back Sam...to get back up to speed you owe the forum about 50 to 60 good joke of the day posts....  (place has been boring without you hanging out here)

So the question of the day is..have you trained-programmed your daleks to create and render your poser scenes for you yet?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2014 at 7:20 PM

No joke, I'm sad to say.  Don't seem to hear many these days.  The Daleks aren't interested in rendering Poser scenes, all they seem to care about is galactic domination.  I have to unplug the speakers because their constant ranting about being the supreme beings and all that malarkey is driving me daft.  I'll have a word with them about paying the forum designers a visit, though.  ;)

In lieu of jokes, here's a thmbnail of what's been going on here since I last put in an appearance.  Not too many laughs, thoughh...

Early this year Claire almost died. Taken to hospital in severe pain, blood tests all came back wrong. Doc says you only get these results when you're dead. Complete loss of liver function, massive infections, immune system rolled over, jaundice and all kinds of secondary complications, just to make it interesting. Cause? Gallstones, even though Claire had her gall bladder removed some years ago.

Stayed in hosp a total of 6 weeks, most of that in Intensive Care. She had a paranoid meltdown, too, and turned into a complete swivel eyed loon. IV Tramadol was to thank for that. Huge surgery, which left a big - really big L Shaped incision, held together by 39 staples. Once home, 3 months to get out of the woods, another 2 months for a complete recovery. One of our friends looked after Ilona while Claire was in hospital, I took care of Sam. They came over every day, so Ilona could still see her daddy and big brother. Visiting Claire was, most of the time, out of the question. Too far away to travel with the nippers, what with having to use public transport. We did get to see her a couple of times, though. Her dad and Auntie and Grandma managed to get to see her, so she wasn't without visitors.

Claire managed to get a weekend at home, during her stay in hosp, but had to return Sunday night, ready for surgery Monday morning. Her dad did all the ferrying about.

There's a whole lot more about that episode but that's enough to give you the idea.

We've been increasingly concerned about Sam, because he doesn't seem to have an "off" switch. At all.Nor does he seem to understand the consequences of his actions. He's a very, very intelligent little lad but some things just don't go in. Anyhow, we got a referral to our local Child Development Centre, which is the number one place for all things to do with Childrens' health, development and so forth. Initial assessment show Sam "most probably" has some form of autism - probably Asperger's, and ADHD. Full diagnosis will take a while but there are very strong indicators.

Summer this year, Sam broke his arm. Has a trampoline, with safety net. Tore a big hole in the net, fell through it, broke arm. Poor little guy. Now fully recovered from that but not actually learned any caution or care from the episode.

Sam is now full time at school and loving it. He's doing really well, and the teachers are full of praise for him. Ilona is part time - mornings only - but she also loves it, and the teachers also think she's a great pupil.

As an aside to that, there are strong signs Ilona may also have some autism spectrum disorder but we've been advised to wait a little longer.

A lot more stuff has happened but I won't bore you with the rest of it.

My Store

My Gallery

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2014 at 4:18 AM

I thought it had been a bad year for me but after reading what you have been through it has been a positive breeze.  I really don't know how you held it all together with all that going on but I am reallyy pleased that you did and things seems to be moving in the right direction.  I sincerely hope that things continue to improve.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2014 at 8:05 AM

That's one rough year!

Really glad to hear Claire has recovered at least... as much as the whole thing was clearly a drawn out hell...

...and poor wee Sam!

Most sincerely wishing you, Claire, Sam and Ilona all the best in the world from now on Paul!

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2014 at 3:06 PM

Tramadol is well known for that kind of thing.  I won't touch the stuff ever again after I had it.  Hope all of you are doing as well as can be expected though. 

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2014 at 5:17 AM

Ta muchly, gang.  We're all ok and looking forward to Christmas.  We are currently embroiled in a dispute with our landlords but hopefully that will be resolved in our favour soon-ish.

Re: Tramadol.  I take it regularly for arthritic pain.  In tablet form the side effects aren't too horrifying; at least they don't (usually) cause psychosis.  I've tried all kinds of other things but Tramadol are the only ones that work for me.  Sadly, it means I no longer partake of alcohol since they don't play well together.

My Store

My Gallery

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2014 at 5:44 AM

hi Sam, welcome back, missed you.

From your posts I infer you were doing fine last year (like my old holiday postcards home: fell from a horse, broke a leg, don't worry - everything's fine).

Rendo is like the railroads - yes, trains could run on schedule if they didn't had to stop all the time for getting passengers in and out. At Rendo, the forum would be pretty good but it suffers a lot from users leaving all those posts behind :-). 

We'll survive.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2014 at 11:25 AM · edited Sat, 13 December 2014 at 11:30 AM

Holy cow Sam! It's great to hear from ya :). Sorry to hear about Claire....

I'm not really here either, so don't tell anyone ;).

Laurie (formerly known as LaurieA)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2014 at 6:38 PM

Jings!  Why the name change, Laurie?

My Store

My Gallery

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2014 at 11:07 PM

Oi! Somehow missed this thread. Good to see that some genuine northern cadences have returned to the forum posts. ;) You've had one hell of a year, Sam. Surely after this, it'll be gravy from now on. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2014 at 1:46 PM · edited Mon, 15 December 2014 at 1:48 PM

You've probably seen this already...? Helps me relax once the kids are in bed, after a long, stressful day... especially now I'm off on holiday and at home with the family during the day, for the duration of the festive period... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o#t=30

Daffy34 ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2014 at 9:55 PM

Jings!  Why the name change, Laurie?

Well, for some reason I can't log in under LaurieA (dunno if it's Rendo's fault or mine), so I fell back to my really OLD screen name :P.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.