Tue, Oct 8, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 9:22 pm)

Subject: Genesis 1

zxcv ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 12:43 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 9:25 PM

Am I the only one who thinks it REALLY BLOWS that content creators no longer support or even give a damn about Genesis 1?? 

I had used V4 for quite some time and was reluctant to go to Genesis - but finally made the plunge. About six months later, the fine folks at DAZ came out with Genesis 2, and in almost no time at all, all new content for Genesis 1 disappeared. V4 is still supported, and Gen 2 users get all sorts of goodies, but even DAZ barely supports Genesis 1 anymore.

Frankly, I am REALLY PISSED.

terrancew_hod ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 3:51 AM · edited Sat, 27 December 2014 at 3:52 AM

I'd look at it this way:

Content developers provide content for what the customers want.

So really the majority of customers dropped Genesis 1 like a hot rock when V6 arrived and it became unfeasible for vendors to keep supporting G1. Also the improvements of G2 (mainly the fact that vendors could visualize making female clothing on a female shape rather than the androgynous shape), brought vendors  (and customers) that held out on G1 into G2. So really I'd wouldn't be pissed at vendors for supporting what the majority of customers really wants.

zxcv ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 5:25 AM

Why is V4 still supported, then?

terrancew_hod ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 6:49 AM · edited Sat, 27 December 2014 at 6:53 AM

Same reason.

At rendo, there are a lot more poser users so they are using V4, but there are some pose and prop sets that have support for V4/V6 as well. There is also more outfits that fit Genesis 2 female here. Genesis 1 didn't catch on as well here. At DAZ, customer demand for Genesis 2 basically pushed V4 and Genesis 1 out of the store for the same reason, where the releases of Gen 4 stuff is few and far in-between. More prop sets and environments are DS native (.duf format rather than pp2) at DAZ as well.

macsavers ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 1:22 PM

I have both Genesis and G2 stuff. I also made the investment to move anything to Genesis with tools and scripts. I can move V4/M4 and V3/M3 clothing to Genesis and I can move G2F/G2M stuff to Genesis. Since I can't move V3/M3 to either G2, I use Genesis for just about everything. I also have GenX so I can move morphs from V4/M4 and G2F/G2M to Genesis.

So, while I agree with your frustration that Genesis seems to be orphaned awfully quickly, it's still the most versatile model out there with the ability to create just about anything, male or female, with the multitude of morphs out there. I use G2F and G2M for closeups mostly, but Genesis is my go-to model.

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 3:26 PM

Come the first of the yr, i will be one vendor that will be supporting genesis 1 exclusively. 

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

Seliah ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2015 at 10:54 AM · edited Mon, 19 January 2015 at 11:00 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it REALLY BLOWS that content creators no longer support or even give a damn about Genesis 1?? 

While I am by NO means an "established seller," I do support BOTH Gen4's AND Genesis 1 in most of my recent content since getting back online, as much as is humanly possible. I'm working on one such package right at this moment actually, that would cover M4 and Genesis 1, and I have made morphed characters and poses for Genesis 1 as well. I have NO plans to drop support for Genesis 1, or the Generation 4's. On the flip side, however, I do NOT currently support Genesis 2's in any way, primarily because I find them to be far less flexible and less versatile than Genesis, and I basically see them as a step backwards from Genesis 1.

So, to answer your question above - no, not ALL content creators have abandoned Genesis 1. I do my best to support both where possible. But again, I am not an established seller; I'm a content creator who makes primarily freebies, with the occasional rare for-sale item which gets sold over on Content Paradise when I do come out with a for-sale item. My freebies get posted both to my main website, and to ShareCG under my brand (Childe of Fyre).

I don't have a LOT posted yet for Genesis 1, because I was offline for over a year due to lack of computer, but since getting back, I have been slowly producing more content again. No, not all content creators have abandoned Genesis 1. I am one that has not. Here is a current list of my Genesis 1 content (please note that I do not generally post freebies on Renderosity itself any longer) :

Blake Nightwind (Genesis 1 - shape and poses) - ShareCG and my personal website.
Hannah Moonriver (Genesis 1 - shape and poses) - ShareCG and my personal website.
Spirit of Despair (Genesis 1 - poses) - ShareCG and my website.
Wynter Sox (Texture's for Fisty's free ankle socks which were made for Genesis 1) - ShareCG and my website.
Brown and Green for Teen Swag (1 texture for the overshirt and undershirt from the Genesis 1 TeenSwag product) - ShareCG and my website.
Traumatized Childhood (Genesis 1 - poses for the figure, built on the Basic Child shape set to 1.0) - ShareCG and my website.
Kendra (Genesis 1, Shape for the figure) - For-sale item; over on Content Paradise.

That's my current list of Genesis 1 supporting items. I've got another one in progress right now, Sani, who will be for both M4 (Poser native files for the Poser users) and Genesis 1 (DS native files for DS users), and be a full set of skin + options, and morphs. He's nowhere near ready yet, as he's a huge package and I'm still working on him and his add-ons at this time. I also have plans to re-dial Nathan Tlaloc's morphs onto Genesis 1 and release those as well (he was originally made for M4 some time before I lost online access, and I already had posted DS-native mats for using his skin inside of DS some time ago).

No, not all of us have abandoned Genesis 1.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.