Wed, Oct 23, 12:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Animation pose malfunction

Nythande ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2015 at 7:51 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 12:25 AM

I purchased a animation set and when I set the pose for it, the morphs I've set on V4 are wiped out and replaced by the ones the author of the pose pack made, is there a way for me to fix that? 

Thanks. 

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2015 at 9:42 PM

It depends on if the morphs that come with the animation are intended for movement of, say, soft body tissue or if certain body parts in the animation are intended to have a kind of faked collision with those body morph parameters. If this is the case then the animation as purchased will not function properly with your custom character and is intended to be used with the morph settings of the vendor. To adjust the animation to your custom character in terms of body shape would require some or alot of re-keyframing of the animation... 

Caveat, I only do very rudimentary animation projects in Poser usually for props or simple figures that I've made (I find it useful for testing morphs, etc.) So maybe someone here with more experience is aware of a magic wand to wave over your problem...

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 7:15 AM

Here's how I adapt such poses, load your custom character at frame 1, then the animated pose at frame 2. In the animation palette expand the body or body part list  (small triangle beside the part name) drag and select the offending key frames and delete them, when done, select the entire timeline from frame 2 to the end and drag back over frame 1. As primorge has already said some further work may be needed to adapt the pose to your character.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 8:34 AM · edited Tue, 13 January 2015 at 8:35 AM

Hi there as a very easy fix for this problem of morph data embedded in an animated pose file.

A) Load a basic V4/M4 or whatever figure the animated pose file is intended

B) Apply the animated pose file( ignore how changes it the figure morphs)

C) re-save the pose as a multi-frame animated pose set to your library

making sure NOT to check Include morph Data.

now when you load this resaved version to your custom morphed figure

it will only move body parts and leave your body & face morphs unchanged.

My website

YouTube Channel

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 9:46 AM

wolf is correct but you would lose any expression changes and wobbly bits. It may be sufficient for some animations though and is easy to do.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 10:15 AM

"wolf is correct but you would lose any expression changes and wobbly bits. It may be sufficient for some animations though and is easy to do."

If I understand the OP's question correctly 

hes does not want any "expressions or wobbly bits" imposed on him by the creator of the pose file.

once he/she resaves a "Clean" animated pose with only body part translations

one can later load it onto ones custom morphed V4 et.c

without her morphs being over written.

one can then apply any animated expressions or talk designer speech to the figure and resave that pose with one's own morph data.

BTW I hope this was not a commercially purchased animated pose file as it should not have passed  any mindful store admin's scrutiny with morphs baked in.

My website

YouTube Channel

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 12:10 PM

No problem Wolf, I read the question differently. It sounded like a character morph was being overwritten by the zeroed morphs in the pose file.

It is a pain to clear any unused morphs especially from a large animated pose.

I have a python script that will rad a pose file (pz2) and list the morphs which are zeroed in the file.  I will post it to sharecg for anyone who wants it.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 12:11 PM · edited Tue, 13 January 2015 at 12:12 PM

Addendum, 

I really didn't want to mention it but I'm getting the nagging feeling that OP might be using one of Stimuli's anipose sets... these are the only commercial animation sets that I've encountered that invariably impose morphs onto the figure. Considering the nature of the set, the wobbly bits are pretty much the point of the animation. If all of this is the case, there isn't a simple fix.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 12:22 PM

... and if there is a simple fix well then let me fire up all of my custom virtual vixens for some athletic action!

Sorry... I amuse myself. :)

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 12:26 PM

@primorge,   exactly. I know a couple of people at rotica who use morphs in the animations for jiggly bits and facial expressions. Not quite the same without them.

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 5:11 PM

@primorge, the method I suggested does exactly that, by selecting and deleting keyframes for individual sets of parameters you can choose to keep the movements or expressions and remove those that alter your character. 

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2015 at 5:52 PM

For curiosities sake I'll check it out with one of the aforementioned pose sets and see how it goes... after my computer stops chewing its all-day-long IDL precalculation, that is :)

Thanks for the tip, 3Dave... hopefully it's of some use to the OP?

Nythande ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 12:56 PM

Thank you all for posting solutions to my problem, I had a few chuckles over the responses :) Yes it is one of Stimuli's animation files. I've never had an issue with the morphs until this pack. I watched my custom built figure 'shrink' as the animation was played, I saw a change and thought it was my imagination until I slowed it down to frame to frame and watched how the figure slowly moved back into a basic V4 shape with changes done to the 'jiggly' parts within a few frames :) also removed mine and replaced them with the authors version, such as original figure had a mixture of Girl4 and the reference was gone, just a basic V4 in her place. I've posted a note to him but he hasn't been on to get it yet. 

On another note, how do you slow down/speed up an animation file? I haven't messed with animations that much the whole time I've had Poser. I kind of treated it as an area that was taboo for someone of my level of Poser use to dabble in. 

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 5:28 PM · edited Wed, 14 January 2015 at 5:38 PM

Slow down and speed up? I would just increase or lessen the number of frames between each keyframe and experiment with the interpolation to adjust the results... see your poser reference manual: part 5_ Animating.

Edit_ keep in mind that most of the animating I have done has involved relatively few moving parts, my suggestion above might be overly simplistic for the kind of animation you are dealing with.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 8:22 PM

I believe there is an option to retime an animation.

I have left messages for stimuli everywhere I know of and have heard nothing from him yet.

3Dave ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2015 at 12:58 PM

To slow down an animation you first need to add frames to the timeline, click in the frame counter box at the bottom of the screen and enter a new value, then as markschum says there is an option to re-time an animation in the animation menu, make sure you have your figure selected before you use that option. If you are slowing by 50% then interpolation should not be too much of an issue, but if you increase the gaps between key-frames much more it can be tricky, so the simplest option is to select all key-frames in the animation palette and switch to straight interpolation (orange button at the top of the palette)

If anything else in the scene has animation, props or cameras, select them and repeat the re-time process for each.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 11:00 AM

I have heard from Stimuli and pointed him to this thread. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

stimuli ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 11:19 PM

Hello!

I'm very sorry for not seeing this thread sooner and also sorry you're having problems with one of my products.

Unfortunately, the over-writing of customer's character morphs is a problem in a few of my products for different reasons. In some poses, specific shapes and sizes are important for accurate body part interactions (such as a hand on a hip). Overall, I try to make these animated poses so that most character morphs will not be overwritten but cleaning all those unused morphs out of the poses has always come down to a program I use to quickly clean pose files....and this program has been not working correctly for me in the past year resulting in some products still containing unwanted morph settings.

As previous people here have mentioned, its not easy to take these morphs out by hand when there are some morphs that need to remain. One fix (which is a pain in the butt) is to expand each body part in the animation palette and identify exactly which morphs are being altered that you don't want altered and simply delete the keyframes from that line across all frames and then set them how you want them in frame one (keyframes on frame one are not deleted when using drag boxes to select and delete keyframes).

Knowing exactly which product you're using might help in finding an easier fix or even allowing me to replace your product (once I get my morph cleaner working right). You can email me at stimuli_8@yahoo.com for further assistance.

stimuli ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 11:25 PM

Also, changing the speed of an animation can be as simple as changing the frame rate of the animation (top left corner of the animation palette). My animated poses are almost always at 30 frames per second. More complex speed changes without changing frame rate can be done using "Retime Animation" in the animation drop down menu at the top of Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.