Tue, Oct 22, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Totally stumped with this Poser Problem...

Evilsuperwench ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:00 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:41 AM

I posted before on a problem I have with Poser. How the morphs wont stay loaded after I save the character in any way. Well, I went to extremes for Poser. Since its a new computer, and I didnt have squat on it anywho, I used the RESTORATION DISK! To get me back to square one. SO. I reinstalled Poser completely. I didnt install or use any downloaded zips. But I did have Morphs and a Character from Renderosity for a test which I have saved to a CD. So I load up Posette and apply a morph. I save her.. When i reopen her the morph is still set. Good. I added another morph saved her and reopened her. THAT morph didnt stay. Only the first one. So I can only have one Morph loaded at a time for some reason! I tried the morph on the character, and It didnt stay at all. I dont know what the problem is, Im going to burst into flames. If I cant get more than one Morph to stay on my characters, Im going to cry =*( This never happened before. It always worked fine. =( I emailed a Poser tech, but he was no help. Sigh...

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:05 PM

Haven't seen this? But have you tried perhaps saving her as a 'different' name other than the origonal? Just a thought.. Also are you using just the One charater or are there other Posette(s) in a scene??

Evilsuperwench ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:08 PM

Just one character at a time. Im not good with more than one. I save it in the library as different names. Like Test 1 and Test 2 ect. I havent tried it on the Poser Dude yet, But I hope its not the same with him =/ Since I REALLY stink at making men anyway, now they will really look Ooogly. hehe...

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:23 PM

Perhaps....when you save the charater, Uncheck the Environment box and make sure all others are checked. I don't think there is any relationship here, but what the hey. Also, how about checking the saved CR2 with MorphManager, maybe the MT is really there but for some wacked reason it's 'hidding'??? (just another thought, seeing as how I have not had this trouble) And again - this one will be a big hasstle buuut - save one (say Test1) with one MT, then another (say Test2) with a different MT. Then, use MorphManager and try "copying" the MT from Test2 to Test1 wich, in theory, should give Test1.CR2 2 complete MTs. Then go back to Poser and see if Test1.CR2 will actually open with BOTH MTs still intact. ->Not sure what this would prove....but, just another thought.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:26 PM

HOLD THE HORSES!!!! Are you giving Each MT a unique name when you apply them in Poser?? (shouldn't have to as Poser defaults to "shape1", "shape2", etc --- but, just another thought since I can't duplicate the issue)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:32 PM

if you don't immediately rename the morph when loading it, you will lose it. if you leave it as shape1, or if you try to rename it after loading it and calling up the new dial, you will lose it (in some versions of Poser).

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:53 PM

Ahhh yes, I got caught on that one too. Good call! Marque

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:56 PM

Must be only 'some versions' loaded on certian hardware/configs as I have been lazy at times and left them as "shape1,2, etc. and they still load back up on my system. However this would Not be Good practice for a variety of reasons and I definatly see where it could cause issues.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 12:22 AM

Save as a pz3 instead of saving it to the library.

Evilsuperwench ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 1:53 PM

oops, havent replied to this in a while. I tried all that. It didnt make a difference. i was saving it as both a pz file and in the library. Like i said, i never had a problem with the morphs before. They were always named Shape 1 or shape 2 ect, and they always worked. all of a sudden, the same morphs dont work anymore. Its so strange. Like my copy of poser decided it didnt like me anymore. lol

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 6:53 PM

Weeeelll, unles your 'system' has developed some sortof memory problem (some kind of buffer problem or something) then somewhere a supporting file within the Poser program itself has been corrupted. It's defiatly a small non-intrusive kind of failure. I'm stumped, no more ideas aside from the dreaded Re-Install....sorry. (I would shoot a letter off to the Poser techs themself however, see if they have any insight from prospective)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.