Fri, Oct 4, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Help with Python Script needed?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:04 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

Hi

I'm pretty sure I had this installed a long time ago, but I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it once was.

I'm trying to install the Ockham's Naturalizer6 script in Poser Pro 2014.

I have my unzipped folder with these files in it....

Naturalizer Folder/

Naturalizer.py

NaturalizerLittleOne.py

NaturalizerVic4.py

And the NaturalizerRead.txt file.

I tried just dropping the folder into the Runtime/Python/PoserScripts folder, but that doesn't make it show up in Poser.

It's been so long since I've done this that I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do to activate this.

How do I make this work?

Thanks for the help, I ran a search but I didn't find any explicit instructions on how to install a Python Script in Poser.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hi again.

Well I remembered how to run it, but not how to add it to the Python menu, or use it.

I opened it and tried to apply it to a character.

The character's attributes display on the right, and there are sliders on the left.

I'm applying it to Jessi.

I left everything set to default and hit go, it takes a few seconds and I can see the key frames being added to the Animation Palette. 

However, I don't see any movement when I play the animation, or when I go to specific key frames.

Am I supposed to do something else?

Mike

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:44 PM

You put it in the right place.  Did you restart Poser after putting it there?  It won't show up until after restarting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hi

I did restart it and I can run it from File/Python Script.

I seem to remember that there was a process for making it show up in the Python menu, but I don't remember what it was.

Mike

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 2:28 PM

Oops; I lead you astray; If you put them in Runtime/Python/PoserScripts/ScriptsMenu of the Poser Program runtime they should appear on the Scripts Menu.  Sorry about that...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 3:32 PM

Thanks I'll try that.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 10:48 AM

That worked though the script doesn't work as well as I thought it did.

It does put in some blinks and breathing, but I remembered that it added subtle movements of the body and arms like a person just standing there, but not frozen.

it doesn't seem to do that, maybe I'll try and work out a stander pose animation that will quickly add some random looking movements to a character so they will look alive if you just want to add them to a scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.