Sun, Oct 6, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Nerd3D is the new Product Manager for Poser

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:20 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:48 AM
Forum Moderator

Yeah I'll be trying to fill Steve Cooper's shoes as Poser's Product Manager. Today is my first official day but I've been trying to come up- to speed for about a week.

I'll be here for you when you have questions. Please, if you have ideas don't be shy, let me know. Maybe your idea can be a feature in the next version of Poser.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:25 PM

Let me be the first to congratulate you.  This is wonderful.  I'm happy for you!!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

ArtByMel ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:27 PM
Online Now!

Wow, congrats to you!!

My store here at Renderosity.

Art By Mel

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:36 PM

We're all really happy to have Charles on board! Here's to a bright future!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:44 PM

Hi Charles, congratulations on your new position. The Poser community is lucky to have gained such expert to be in the driver seat for Poser. Does this mean that we are neighbors now?:)

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:46 PM

Yeah, listen Nerd, sounds cool, just as long as you know there are certain Poser girls who refuse to be managed!!!

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:50 PM

Congrats, Nerd, or is that Mr. Nerd now?

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 3:58 PM

congrats Nerd!!!!!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:00 PM

great news, nerd!  I daresay we got quite a few requests.

p.s I still got "nerd stuff" from '99 in poser 4 runtime.

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Hey Paolo! Telecommuting and Commuting. We'll have to get together for lunch or something

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:11 PM

Hey Paolo! Telecommuting and Commuting. We'll have to get together for lunch or something

Absolutely. Let me know when you are in Santa Cruz, I'll stop by and we can go to lunch. Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:35 PM

Cool Beans!  :D

Congrats, Charles!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:37 PM

Already put my congrats in over at HiveWire, but want to add them here, too.  Congrats, Chuck -  They couldn't have made a better choice and they were super smart to grab you!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 4:48 PM

This might ruin my glee, because he'll probably correct his "mistake" now, but I couldn't help but notice that this announcement was made on every forum except with one "intriguing" omission. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:14 PM

Many congreatulations!  Coop is a hard act to follow but I'm certain they picked the right guy here.  Well done you, and well done SM for hiring you.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:19 PM
Site Admin

Congrats

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:23 PM
Forum Moderator

This might ruin my glee, because he'll probably correct his "mistake" now, but I couldn't help but notice that this announcement was made on every forum except with one "intriguing" omission. :)

Who's intriguing? Me? I resemble that! LOL

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 5:32 PM

Pleased as can be! Many congrats and welcomes!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 6:04 PM

Congrats and good luck.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 6:08 PM

Congrats!!! I'm very happy for you, and for me!

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 6:44 PM

Fresh blood, fresh idea's.
New chief, new future.
And, LOL; Many good tutorials coming our way to enhance overall usability.
A bright and creative enhancement for Poser.
All the best, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 6:52 PM

Neat!

Now about those animation upgrades...... ;P

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:03 PM
Forum Moderator

If it was just me it'd be all about animation LOL. You guys may not know but I rigged most of the characters for RWBY season two.That was an awesome experience. Taking on the PM job, I probably won't have time to do that for season three. That was a tough choice but I think I can actually benefit both RWBY (and all the animators) and Poser more from here.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:27 PM

hmm, congratulations .

er, one question though, ....., is Poser going to optimised for chain mail bras and bikinis ? 

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:32 PM

LOL I still have some of those on old backup CDs.

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:35 PM
Forum Moderator

Why are they in a backup? They should be in your library favorites! They're a must for NPITWAS renders. That's Naked Posette not Vicky LOL.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:39 PM

I should do a render as a celebration tribute LOL

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 8:45 PM

I hope to see something that will make rigging clothing a little simpler, easier and faster.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 9:26 PM
Site Admin

If it was just me it'd be all about animation LOL.

Does that mean we might get new styling tools for the hair room so we can have hair that moves? I don't know about the other dynamic hair creators but I'd even be willing to remake my hair if new and easier to use tools meant no backward compatibility with old dynamic hair.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 5:21 AM

Best Poser related news I have heard for a long while.  Many congratulations.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 5:27 AM · edited Tue, 07 April 2015 at 5:37 AM

If it was just me it'd be all about animation LOL. You guys may not know but I rigged most of the characters for RWBY season two.That was an awesome experience. Taking on the PM job, I probably won't have time to do that for season three. That was a tough choice but I think I can actually benefit both RWBY (and all the animators) and Poser more from here.

You sneaky bastard! There were some tricks I saw in a video of one of the panels that looked familiar, I just couldn't place where I'd seen it! Are you the one who finally gave the girls fully rigged hands? And if we're making lists, maybe you could see if Wierd Juices Metaform is up for sale at a reasonable price. That little python script did some amazing things, and once it was multi-threaded to take advantage of current hardware, you would have a lovely poor man's RealFlow to play with. Maybe not on order of oceans and such, but it did lovely effects, and a shower is quite possible. Or broken pipes in a post apocalyptic set, etc...... Particularly if you could get it talking to Poser's physics engine. For that matter, a ragdoll module for Bullet would be nice, too...

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 8:18 AM

Cheers!!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

EpiEndless ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 8:45 AM

So.. what exactly is the Product Manager's role?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 10:10 AM

He manages the product. :)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 11:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

sorry to hear this Nerd.. you're now gonna get all the shit that comes out of the forums ,,, every bug, every person that disagrees with a programming choice, a policy choice..

good luck mate. you will need it... 

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 12:02 PM

Through I am not an animator, I'm assuming you will be focusing on ALL aspects of Poser... CONGRATULATIONS!  It just DAWNED on me that it was YOU that taught me how to use the cloth room in that youtube video I have book marked and go back to now and then! I've been afraid of the cloth room forever...but HAD to learn it, since a large % of clothes for Dawn are dynamic...and now seem to remember a voice saying hi, this is Chuck with Nerd3d... wait... WITH?? um.... is "Nerd3D" more than one person?  or wouldn't it be This is Chuck, pause Nerd3d, now I'm confused.... grin!

CONGRATULATIONS CHUCK!   :)    One thing I have wished for in Poser (though I do see there is a thread FOR that here at Rendo) ...but since I hope to have your attention...I'll speak up.... IS the ability to MOVE THE RENDERING IMAGE WHILE IT IS RENDERING... like in Carrara - that is so handy to check on the quality of the render or simply to check on where it is, in the process...-I do LARGE renders so most of the time it's "off screen" - and yes I do do test renders, but hey, it's nice, and its FUN to watch rendering in process. 

um and yes, I am a professional "run-on sentence writer"....sorry bout that. :) 

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 12:33 PM

Coop is a hard act to follow 

We'll always have a special place in our hearts for Poser 5, won't we. From one old timer to another, kudos Nerd.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 12:53 PM
Forum Moderator

My primary function is to make sure Poser does what YOU need it to.

TT ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 1:31 PM

Congrats! :)

"I like my species the way it is."

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 2:04 PM

Congrats, Nerd!!! SM and the whole Poser community is lucky to have you in the Product Manager position.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 3:34 PM · edited Tue, 07 April 2015 at 3:35 PM

Well I'm with Dale and the others here, Poser definitely needs up-to-date Animation tools, they're really pushing animators patience as it is, so if the next big release is still a failure in the animation area, I think that would be seriously damaging to Poser - they have got to show the animators some love in the next release cause iClone is making a laughing stock of Poser and I'm guessing that's where all the "would-be" animators will go if something isn't done about it.

Anyway, I'm super-pleased to hear that Nerd is into the animation side of things, that's excellent news indeed!

Congrats on the position, Nerd, but as with all of them, you shall be judged on what becomes of Poser while she's under your power :-P
I hope to be able to say "Yup, that Nerd dude, he really brought Poser up to speed in all the right places!"

If you don't, I'm asking Smith Micro for your job next time around!

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 4:09 PM · edited Tue, 07 April 2015 at 4:12 PM

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha- "Pumeco" or the "blade lady" as Poser managers. LOL. I quit, I quit, where can I quit !!!!!!!!! LOL.
All stations, clear to dive. Does a sub sink? Damm, it can.

BAIL out, BAIL out ! Grrrrrrrrrr, that blade lady cut my chute !!!
Now, I am dropping in the Devils And Zombies river......
LOL.

HIVE, I need a WIRE

Realy? This forum is beyond repair.....

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 7:26 PM

???

Too many 5 hour drinks, vilters......?  :P

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 7:52 PM

Nerd, congrats. Hope before you start you can take a little time off and maybe go spend a day or 2 enjoying a "Tropical Cove", then spend another day or 2 watching the "Waves On The Beach". But whatever you do, don't work so hard you end up in "Boot Hill" before your time! .

Wondering what surprises a fresh pair of eyes does to all that code :)

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2015 at 8:28 PM

Wooo hooo, I'm happy dancing across the forums and websites :)

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 3:37 AM

@Dale
Yup, either that or he fell off his Quad-Bike and banged his head :-P

@Vilters
Don't worry, it'll never happen :-D

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 4:42 AM

Oh no guys, just happy that Poser got a well respected Poser manager to build a bright Poser future for us all to enjoy.
happy renderings, Tony

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 5:19 AM

Still no announcement on the DAZ forum about the good news. I so badly want to take that as a good sign that Poser is finally going to see Studio for what it is... the competition, not a partner.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 7:41 AM

Congrats nerd...

Although tempered with a bit of apprehension, as, unfortunately for me (because I really value your tutorials and such on your site, nerd3d.com) my IP address is blocked by your site. No, I don't have a clue why and it's a recent development... I've never posted anything on your site or participated in your forums. If I visit your site from a different IP via wireless on the same device I am not blocked, so I'm left only with speculation. Anyway, apologies for the ot, Rendo.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 9:56 AM · edited Wed, 08 April 2015 at 10:06 AM

Congrats Charles I hope they pay well for the headaches

you are about to endure.

BTW your poser pro 2014 Video tutorials were quite 

helpful in getting  me up to speed after My making the huge leap

from poser 6 up to Pro 2014.

Although I have long been the bane of your predecessors existence with my endless rants about the Character animation tools, Just be aware that you sir will get no such grief from me.

As I have incorporated Iclone pro 5.5 with 3D exchange

for my Character animation creation and retargeting to my poser figures and Endorphin for my ragdoll action which also exports to poser compatibe BVH.

If I were to offer any unsolicited Advice  on major new features 

that would likley please the largest number of users,

It  would be to replace firefly with a proper PBR and make the material node system more user friendly, Like  the elegant system of blender.

Physically based GPU/CPU rendering is now in the hands of even the most Casual hobbiest's at ZERO ENTRY COSTS

( Blender,Cycles,Daz Iray ).

IMHO SM would be wise to get onboard.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2015 at 10:05 AM

"I so badly want to take that as a good sign that Poser is finally going to see Studio for what it is... the competition, not a partner."

Dont you mean poser users like yourself. :-)

Daz studio will truly never be "the competition" because

it is freeware.

thus I am not sure why you think this would be relevant news

to Daz users any more so than the hiring of a new product manager at Autodesk.

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.