Wed, Sep 4, 8:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 1:05 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Headwax finally banned at Daz Forum? Carrara challenge image anyway :)

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2015 at 6:13 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:11 PM

Hi just thought I'd post this here, hopefully Stezza will see it :)

Have no idea whether I have been banned at daz and for what reason.

Can log in but not post.

I guess I'll have more time to do other things!

this is wip of course ;)

the character on the right is a little stiff, dont know why, of course hand needs to be fixed and also pokethrough

modelled boards and tents

gah always have trouble getting image to post!

cheers 

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2015 at 6:32 PM

file_6c4b761a28b734fe93831e3fb400ce87.jp

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2015 at 11:22 PM

Nice image.

i wonder if it's something wonky on the IT side at DAZ? I haven't been on the DAZ site since April 30 but I too cannot post, or PM or email. It won't even let me PM evilproducer to see what's going on. The system just kicks me back to my own profile.

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2015 at 11:52 PM

Yes that's what was happening? Bit odd, when others can post! Seemed to be fixed at the moment!? Thanks for the comment on the image, just working in it, not enamoured of it though ;) 

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 2:27 AM

here after a little post :)file_37a749d808e46495a8da1e5352d03cae.jp

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 3:42 AM

Daz forum not fixed yet ! ;) 

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:45 AM

The same for me !

I got a ticket and I had a response directly.

We tried during 2 hours to resolve this problem without success.

Very nice images, HW !

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:55 AM

HW, I can see you can post again, how did you do that ?

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:58 AM

Thanks Dudu, I cant post through chrome nor explorer so I went in the backway via ipad and copy and pasted the images from here!

I have two accounts at daz, neither works, and I have cleared my cookies and stood on my head with my underpants on back to front etc

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 5:10 AM

I use Firefox, deleted all cookies, registred login and evreything about DAZ on this computer (register included).

I don't want Chrome, it's full of spies.

I will take a ticket again.

Thanks.

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 5:32 AM

Pleasure, chrome doesn't work anyways ;)

Sueposer ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 12:57 PM

Fun image. I think the original's light on the water was better than the second version. It has that romantic, just before dark, glow to it.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:03 PM

Just FYI   This was a problem which hit some people on the DAZ 3D Forums.  Once Notified DAZ 3D worked hard to get it fixed, and you should now be back to normal working Log in.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:05 PM

Thanks Sueposer :)  I agree.

Thanks for the heads up chohole, love your avatar !

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, it's fixed for me !

Thanks Chohole (and the I.T. people of DAZ) !

*I prefer this avatar Chohole...

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, it's fixed for me !

Thanks Chohole (and the I.T. people of DAZ) !

I prefer this avatar Chohole...

*LOL     If I change my one over at DAZ no one would recognise me any more.  It's strange, lots of the members really like the one I use there.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:24 PM

a little more feminine , good to keep people guessing, stick or flower, stick or flower ...? :) 

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 4:34 PM

It should be said that it is very representative of your function, but is very intimidating for the newcomers.

One sees a point of humor all the same there, it is the main thing.

It is also the occasion to thank you for this work which prevents some to exaggerating in their remarks (that arrives to me sometimes…).

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 5:26 PM

Ha ha yes, I think chohole realises the historical problems that "#" has caused. Several of our best and enthusiatic Carrara artists will not post on Daz forum because '#' has left a bad taste in the mouth.

eg quote from facebook yesterday 

I have straight-up stopped going to DAZ entirely. I do miss the few quality people there but I do not miss (insert name of member) and the rest of the infectious ilk. endquoteMe? I'm scared of losing 3dage again, he is very sensible but '#" has worn him down in the past with his corrosive attacks.

I'm also scared of losing other members like Wendy. Fifth Element has just made a subtle reappareance and I see he is smart enough  to ignore '#' all together. 

I'm not Daz bashing here, nor '#' bashing, just explaining why sometimes we go close to the  tos in trying to confine '#". Sometimes it all gets too much...

;)

Wonga ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 10:10 PM

all seems to be working ok :-)

Headwax, on your image is that fella at the back left supposed to be ankle deep in sand?

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2015 at 10:18 PM

oh that's lefty, he lost his right foot to a small moray eel while cleaning fish in knee deep water one sunny sunday afternoon on  the central coast. It was his right foot but we call him lefty anyway, it confuses him so much he walks around in circles...

thanks for pointing that out I did notice initially then forgot ;)

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2015 at 4:55 PM

@ chohole

I still can't post over at DAZ. If you could look into it, I'd be ever so grateful. I need to praise Wonga for his mighty success in the last challenge!

Mark

manleystanley ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2015 at 9:05 AM

Nice image.

i wonder if it's something wonky on the IT side at DAZ? I haven't been on the DAZ site since April 30 but I too cannot post, or PM or email. It won't even let me PM evilproducer to see what's going on. The system just kicks me back to my own profile.

Please don't tell me the guy that got both my alt accounts banned from the DAZ forum is now running it? Yes, I still lurk here ;)

evilproducer ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2015 at 10:40 AM

First off, let me clarify that this post is not meant as an attack on Stan, but rather to clear up a misperception he seems to have. However, I will not pull any punches or gloss over my opinions about his opinions- if that makes sense.... Stan is a talented artist and I wish him the best, but let's face it, he makes Eyor from Winnie the Pooh sound like Tigger.

Stan, it wasn't I that got your alt-accounts banned as I never reported them if that's what you are insinuating. You started posting your same old stuff in the same old language that made people suspicious. I merely asked if it was you, and it was actually meant to be just a joke. How was I to know for sure?

Post: Mark my words, I'm right about blah, blah, blah. You'll see, I've been right all these other blah, blah, times.

My response: Stan, is that you? ;-)

I do concede that me jokingly asking if that was you could have drawn attention to you alias, however, you practically shouted your identity from the rooftops with the content of your posts and responses. I had a couple people ask me via PM if I thought it was you before I even read the posts of one of your aliases. If other forum members became suspicious, don't you think it would follow that the mods would become suspicious on their own?

Again, I never reported you, although I did joke about your identity, which I concede could have alerted the mods to your alias. I do think you are a good artist, I never wanted you banned, and I did and do think that while many of your posts were a value to the forum and Carrara community, there were also many that were detrimental and full of B.S. Sorry, no other way to put it.

jonstark ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2015 at 6:32 PM

Wow, I remember that exchange, it actually made me chuckle when I read it because I was like "Evil nailed it, that guy sounds like ManStan.." but I never dreamed it was actually him!  Small universe we live in, lol.   

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2015 at 6:59 PM

Don't really care any more. DAZ's BS with carrara has turned me off CG all together. Thanks DAZ, more free time and money for games.

DUDU.car ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2015 at 3:46 AM

Don't really care any more. DAZ's BS with carrara has turned me off CG all together. Thanks DAZ, more free time and money for games.

Hi Stan ! If your only goal is to buy stuffs and not use them, it's very sad.

We have a little challenge each week and we don't see you, why ?

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2015 at 8:10 AM

Sorry DUDU, the frustration of trying to use/do things just got to me. Just go back and read any of my rants about DAZ, carrara 8, and genesis. Nothing has changed, it didn't get better. I just got so tired of DAZ making my worst pessimistic predictions look like optimism.

Right now I am alpha testing H1Z1; and have gotten obsessed a bit with it, I have a private beta for World of speed coming up. But years ago the pictures left my head and the music stopped playing there. My muse left me and I still plodded along trying to create scenes. Finally the frustration of being stymied by carrara/DAZ issues in trying to create a scene got to me, and I just had to give it up.

It's probably just me. Over the last few years the color has just drained out of my life. I feel stuck in a perpetual mundanety.

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2015 at 8:50 PM

Finally the frustration of being stymied by carrara/DAZ issues in trying to create a scene got to me, and I just had to give it up. It's probably just me. Over the last few years the color has just drained out of my life. I feel stuck in a perpetual mundanety.

Keep your chin up. This, too, shall pass. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.