Tue, Oct 22, 2:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Trystan for M4-Studio version

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2015 at 12:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:39 AM

So I have been working on converting Trystan from Poser 9+ to Studio for Iray (with non-Iray shaders for the old render engine) lately.  I've had more than a few people ask me on other forums and sites if he would be available, so why not?  It gives me good reason to dig back into Studio anyway.

So, some tester renders. I've posted them here and there in my gallery here and elsewhere, but I thought a thread would be good here as well in case anyone had tips or questions.

So, onward to the pictures.  Some of them are stills from the WIP mode, but you get an idea on where he is.  I have a final close up rendering, and when that is done I'll post that as well.

file_045117b0e0a11a242b9765e79cbf113f.jp

file_8f85517967795eeef66c225f7883bdcb.jp

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc.jp

file_eb160de1de89d9058fcb0b968dbbbd68.jp

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2015 at 1:18 PM

Latest render:

file_9dcb88e0137649590b755372b040afad.jp

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2015 at 3:34 PM · edited Sun, 31 May 2015 at 3:34 PM

Well, you do realize you are posting in basically a dead forum.  There are fewer than half a dozen posts per week on average.

I don't think any responses you get will be representative of DS users at large.

Don't know how well received such a chore for a character two versions back from current will be, especially since you are not bothering to use latest avaiable shaders.  There are many textures and shaders available for M4 already (i.e., market is saturated)

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2015 at 2:35 AM

He's a really nice looking character you've done a wonderful job and if they are Iray renders the surface set up is very impressive, but I have to be honest for M4 ermm - I might consider him just to port him over to G2male.

Probably irrelevant but did you know that there's already a Trystan for M4 available at Daz.

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2015 at 9:52 AM

Well, you do realize you are posting in basically a dead forum.  There are fewer than half a dozen posts per week on average.

I don't think any responses you get will be representative of DS users at large.

Don't know how well received such a chore for a character two versions back from current will be, especially since you are not bothering to use latest avaiable shaders.  There are many textures and shaders available for M4 already (i.e., market is saturated)

As for Daz users at large, I don't expect them to be.  I simply posted the thread here in case anyone who happened to visit wanted to comment.  Thank you for yours. As for the second comment: At the beginning of this thread I stated I was asked to do this by a few friends of mine, so I agreed.  It was not started, this project, for the mass community, but for them.  Two versions back, G2M to M4, yes, but as tparo stated they can be transferred over to the G2M as well.  So, not necessarily that much of an issue.  The opening statement shows that this is for the old 3Delight render engine and Iray, how is that not the latest shader system?  Iray shaders are the latest shader systems in Studio, so that comment confuses me.  As for over-saturation, really?  Compared to which figure?  Compared to V4, G2F, there are not many character sets for M4 here, Daz or at RDNA. 

Thank you tparo, and if people wish to convert or porting him to G2M, I wouldn't object.  The more use out of him people can get, the better.  As for Trystan over at Daz, nope-didn't check that name there.  My concern was this site's store, quite honestly. :)

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2015 at 3:30 AM

Those are absolutely gorgeous Iray renders! I have just started messing with Iray in the last week and I would love to know about your lighting methods for these promos because you make your character really pop! He is such a hunk!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 12:37 PM

Thanks!  Usually, on those, I use an HRDI IBL Environment map in the environment slot, turn on the dome and use the Scene and Dome options for lighting.  Add the sun dial and work it around to where I want it and turn off the headlamp on the camera (most of the time) and let it go.  Nothing overly special. :)

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 12:39 PM

Here I was testing normals- painted out the seam but I haven't figured out how to get the normals not to show 100% (the dial settings at zero look the same, so it does nothing to change them).

file_bf8229696f7a3bb4700cfddef19fa23f.pn

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2015 at 2:17 PM

Trystan for M4 in Studio Iray.

*Nearly done with the eye shaders and dropped the normals.

file_ec5decca5ed3d6b8079e2e7e7bacc9f2.jp

RCTSpanky ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 4:45 AM

I like the idea to have Iray shaders for Michael 4 and I wish, there would be more for him (and Vicky 4 too). And it is really no problem to batch skins, created for M4 to Genesis 2 Males. It's also possible to convert the whole shape of Trystan to G2M in Studio.All you need are the right tools.

Your shaders looks great and I would like to know, how one can get them?

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 9:41 AM

Thank you, RCT.  I don't have the plug ins for batch conversions, or know how to do the shape conversions yet-but that's an idea.

At the moment, I'm putting this together to sell (hopefully) soon in my store here at Rendo.  The shaders are mine.  

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Fri, 17 July 2015 at 1:09 PM · edited Fri, 17 July 2015 at 1:09 PM

Whelp- The Iray shaders for Trystan for M4 are done and available in my freebies section for those who want them.  You'll have to purchase Trystan for M4 for Poser if you want to use them on him, but I'm sure they can be tweaked to use on other M4 products.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=75449  The Trystan Shaders.

file_8d5e957f297893487bd98fa830fa6413.jphttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/trystan-for-m4/109509/  Trystan M4 for Poser 9+

nemesis10 ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 2:44 PM

Very nice character.... I just purchased him and hope you make more..

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 4:07 PM

Thank you!

I do, actually, have several that I'm working on.  One for G2M, another for M4 and possibly a G2F.  I'd like to concentrate on the males, however.  So when I need a break, I'll switch over to G2F, V4 or G3F.  lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.