Sun, Oct 6, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 11:36 AM

I thought SteelVictory was a poser render lol.
I haven't gotten the newest daz studio so I don't have genesis 3,V7 etc etc
not that I know the version I do have very well. I know there 1,2,3,4 render settings but there might be more if I looked.
but shader settings will effect the mesh .v5,v6 seem to be shaded differently.

anyways what I got from SteelVictory render was they look the same to me. render looks different but the mesh looks the same.
cause at the end of the day it is more or less.if ya compare V4 low rez before it was subdivided and genesis ya get what I'm talking about 

the way you all fret over a meshes version, I just don't get. it's just a mesh .

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 11:55 AM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 11:56 AM

figure (my) left top, figure (my) right flop. There is a major improvement from ( my) right to (my) left.

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 12:06 PM

Again the trolls have arrived

V4 thread anyone?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 1:00 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 1:01 PM

seems like everyone is saying much the same thing ~ "I've got TONS of stuff for V4" ..................what I cant understand is WHY she took off the way she did ?? S4 and A4 didn't get the same amount off attention, think A3 was more popular then A4 and poor ol'Steph was ignored a lot no matter if she was a S3 or S4 (or petite ) and its even worse with poser dolls ~ next to no skins very little clothes/morphs (yes I know there some but not compared to what V4 has)

Why did V4 take off?

1.  She was a major step up from the DAZ Gen3 & the SM G2 figures.

2.  Practically every storefront was almost giving content away.  This is what started the mentality of Everything on sale, all the time.  People got used to paying very, very little and they haven't changed.

3.  WRT A4 & S4, since they were morphs as opposed to separate figures, one didn't need to build separate products.  My base V4 has all of SP4's morphs installed - her morphs are very useful, especially the height related ones.  They are mandatory if you want a normal sized Gen4 female.  And why many of us were pissed that we never got a D4.  He was really necessary to get normal sized males without having to work the scaling dials to death.

4.  AFA clothing - clothing has been decoupled from figures.  Vicky's closet is every female's closet in my runtimes.  All it takes is leaving a Poser 4 workflow behind. 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 1:27 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 1:33 PM

In a thread over RuntimeDNA there is revealing item, a checklist of what the "dream Poser figure" should be. It is a disheartening read as it boils down to nothing but a mere rehash of V4 with some minor improvements. I think that it is time to accept that whoever is today a unrelenting Poser fan is beyond salvageability. Their cult-like disconnect from reality is so strong that they cannot even dream of something that it is not just a patched V4. Their Prime Directive is to run Poser, anything else is secondary. Trying to reason with them is futile, as demonstrated by the image above, where the poster gives a good example of how superior is G3 to V4 and then flatly asserts the opposite.

I think that it is high time for us to wish the remaining Poser users a collective bye bye and go for our path.

This thread wasn't started to allow you to bash Poser users or V4.  Please stop trying to derail my thread and if you must do that, go start your own. And btw, the "dream Poser figure" is any one that will work natively in Poser and take full advantage of all its available features.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:17 PM

hay the copy paste works .now a working ebot would be cool.

EClark1894 ,sickem ;),I never realized you where a V4 fan.

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:20 PM

Clarkie Wrote:
"And btw, the "dream Poser figure" is any one that will work natively in Poser and take full advantage of all its available features."

Excellent, it's just a shame there are so many out there who don't realise it.  Anyway, I hope the doubters are satisifed now, haven't seen Roxie for over a day and I just found a note outside her Runtime.  She's left, I don't know where she's gone and I haven't a clue if she's coming back :-(

Nice one peeps, don't forget to give yourselves a pat on the back (with a lethal injection).

mr_phoenyxx ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:21 PM

You are my Investment, my biggest investment .
You make me happy when renders turn grey.
You'll never know V4 how much money I spent on you,
So please, you can't take my V4 away!

LOL! That was awesome! :D

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:40 PM

" I bought tons of stuff for V4"

lol anybody seriously thought, this was a lifetime investment? Anybody seriously thought V4 and Poser6 are forever?

Anybody should be aware, that one figure cannot be the last and only release. V7 is out now and there will be a V8,9 and 10. Keep that in your calulation, when you decide to buy stuff for her. I've tons of stuff for Miki1020 and Miki 2 and Sydney. So what, they didn't last forever either. This was obvious from the start.

Time to move on.

No V4 will not be for ever but no matter how good any new figure is there will be few users that will buy into that figure and immediately stop using V4.  The reason is simple, there will not be sufficient support to do what V4 can do now and it will take time for that to happen.  Time to keep an eye on where the market is going, yes.  Time to move on, sorry way to soon to consider as no figure is mature enough to jump yet and if there really is a V8, V9 and V10 then I would say you are even more locked into a figure that has limitations just like V4, they just happen to be different limitations.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:18 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:20 PM

Again the trolls have arrived

V4 thread anyone?

They don't care.  Any opportunity to insult Poser users is gladly jumped on.  As long as the moderators sit back and teeheehee when they see it, nothing will change.

On topic, I don't use V4 except on very rare occasions to help someone else with her.

on edit:

Wait, something IS changing.  Fewer and fewer Poser users bother to come here for the Daily Insult.

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:25 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:35 PM

V4 will be used in Poser until a viable successor takes her place. However that new figure will have to be able to use her content as well. If a new figure comes along and cannot use peoples huge investments they have for V4, there is no chance it will take off and the adoption rate will be very slow. In Studio, V4 is practically dead because the users there prefer the Genesis platforms and have the ability to port all off her content (skins, morphs, clothes, hair etc) over to use with that. What does this mean? Their Genesis figure is now also V4 and better. They have their V4 replacement, Poser users are still waiting for theirs. Because V4 was unchallenged for so long, asking people to throw away years of content collections is a tall order to ask just to try something new. There has to be some form of backward compatibility to ease the transition onto this new figure. If not, well V4's reign in Poser shall continue as the no.1 used figure.

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:52 PM

Hey Zevo?

What does it say on top of this page?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 3:58 PM

Sorry Vilters. Ok here we go. I use V4 because no other figure for Poser has as much content and is as flexible in terms of morph support. Happy?

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 4:09 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 4:09 PM

I only asked to read the title of this page, nothing more, mothing less.
I get warm nor cold about what figure you use, as the birds outside will keep whisling anyway.
I am gonna take a nice shower, and tomorrow will be saturday.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 6:00 PM

seems like everyone is saying much the same thing ~ "I've got TONS of stuff for V4" ..................what I cant understand is WHY she took off the way she did ?? S4 and A4 didn't get the same amount off attention, think A3 was more popular then A4 and poor ol'Steph was ignored a lot no matter if she was a S3 or S4 (or petite ) and its even worse with poser dolls ~ next to no skins very little clothes/morphs (yes I know there some but not compared to what V4 has)

Actually, I was REALLY into A3 for a while. More so than V3 in fact. I was also more into Stephanie 3 than I was V3. I was never really all that into A4. She had lost that anime quality to me. I did like V4 though. And I still use her, but then I don't do as many renders as I use to.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 6:14 PM

the only ones that can legally make a new mesh for poser that can use V4's stuff is daz. so that's a dead end street.
the pre daz studio ,poser users will still be using V4 in poser pro version 3020 as long as venders keep making stuff for V4.
I haven't seen a lot of newbies around here thou.

I think they just like a huge selection when they shop .
and the shopping is what matters the most.
cause ya hear them say I have 1,000,000 ZB of V4 content I haven't even used yet.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 6:58 PM

V4 will be used in Poser until a viable successor takes her place. However that new figure will have to be able to use her content as well. If a new figure comes along and cannot use peoples huge investments they have for V4, there is no chance it will take off and the adoption rate will be very slow. In Studio, V4 is practically dead because the users there prefer the Genesis platforms and have the ability to port all off her content (skins, morphs, clothes, hair etc) over to use with that. What does this mean? Their Genesis figure is now also V4 and better. They have their V4 replacement, Poser users are still waiting for theirs. Because V4 was unchallenged for so long, asking people to throw away years of content collections is a tall order to ask just to try something new. There has to be some form of backward compatibility to ease the transition onto this new figure. If not, well V4's reign in Poser shall continue as the no.1 used figure.

And this is what I mean by leaving the Poser 4 workflow behind. Regardless of which software one uses, everyone has the ability to to port all off her content (skins, morphs, clothes, hair etc) over to use with the figure of their choice.

BTW - how can Gen4 be considered dead in DS with all of the effort being put forth to get Gen4 content into the newer meshes in DS? 

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 7:07 PM

Quoted for Truth. (And, to note that this is a Poser discussion, not a Poser vs DS discussion, as some might want to have it.) Also, V4 is a good figure. With fixes, which are all over the place, and the addition of weightmapping, if desired, it's an excellent figure to work with, with certain caveats that people have long solved. (Within reason for any figure this old.)

The question ultimately comes down to marketability and V4 IS the most marketable figure-content for Poser users. It surpasses the default figures by orders of magnitude and G series content just doesn't work well in Poser. In order to supplant V4, a Poser-Purposed next-gen figure would have to be created and it would need to be able to use many/all of V4 assets.

Honestly, there's not much wrong with V4's mesh/sculpt. A good re-rig for users of modern Poser platforms might go over very well and it would allow most character packages/morphs to still be used, too.

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 7:29 PM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 7:33 PM

BTW - how can Gen4 be considered dead in DS with all of the effort being put forth to get Gen4 content into the newer meshes in DS? There is a difference between using her content, and using the V4 Base figure. The base, people have moved on from. Her content, still used on Genesis. That is what I meant by V4 is basically dead inside Studio.

My Renderosity Store

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 7:39 PM

BTW - how can Gen4 be considered dead in DS with all of the effort being put forth to get Gen4 content into the newer meshes in DS? There is a difference between using her content, and using the V4 Base figure. The base, people have moved on from. Her content, still used on Genesis. That is what I meant by V4 is basically dead inside Studio.

In effect, what was done is DAZ co-opted all of V4's content to help promote new figure lines. Hey, that was an excellent move, on their part, and one that sealed the deal for their new figure lines. A very smart move, indeed, and DAZ makes very smart moves fairly often in marketing their products to their customers. Kudos all around, honestly, for a job well-done on their part. But, it doesn't do doodly for Poser users, so we're left with looking for other solutions if we want "new."

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 11:47 PM

Be honest, not even V4WM is much supported, which would have been a progress.

V4 is not a bad figure at all, it is just, that relying on preset morph++ dials, V4's variety has reached its end long, long ago.

Suucat ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 12:35 AM

Aiko 4 looks great to me, here she is with nothing more than a skin texture, no morphs or anything. I really like her.

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.pn

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 12:48 AM

V4 is not a bad figure at all, it is just, that relying on preset morph++ dials, V4's variety has reached its end long, long ago.

Another person here to just take shots at V4, I see.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 12:59 AM

cool render Suucat :)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:11 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

no cheep shots at any mesh. I'll take a shot of whisky thou ;)

happy 4th of july you all.

chaecuna ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:27 AM

I get warm nor cold about what figure you use, as the birds outside will keep whisling anyway.

This thread is open to all V4 users, provided that they use it in Poser. Anybody who follows a different workflow (Studio, export to Blender or anything else) is explicitly not welcome. Do you see my utterly surprised expression? Bye bye.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 3:21 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 3:27 AM

This thread is open to all V4 users, provided that they use it in Poser. Anybody who follows a different workflow (Studio, export to Blender or anything else) is explicitly not welcome. Do you see my utterly surprised expression? Bye bye.

No one said you're not welcome, just that you're not permitted to intentionally derail the thread. If you can't abide by that simple rule, then don't let the door knob hit you on the way out. And btw, the first post specifically states that  "I don't care what app you're using, as long as it contributes significantly to your continued use of V4."

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:42 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:44 AM

So just to clarify the "rules" here. For a second.

Saying I use V4 because that silly DSON stuff just drives me crazy.... "On topic"

Making comment about V4 in comparison to lack of support for V4WM or any other negative points on V4 at all "Off topic = derailment"

Posting comparisons for V4 to V7 is okay as long as your saying see V4 looks better, if you say V7 looks better it's trolling.

Don't you see how this comes across? Anything that isn't gushing all over V4 is "Trolling and derailment"

It's getting like the emperor's new clothes in these parts.

Hey, you're welcome here as long as you do, as we do, like what we like.

But if you have a different opinion or step out of line on what we decide are the rules, it's quickly changes to what are you even doing here in "OUR" forum.

Seems a little like bullying to me. Don't people have a right to freedom of expression? freedom of choice? Or can they only say what a vocal minority approve of? Otherwise "then don't let the door knob hit you on the way out"

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 5:36 AM

Razor, if that's the only reason you're in this thread is to criticise and bash V4, then yeah, get to steppin'. Look, if you want to start a thread, that says, let's bash V4, go right ahead.  Not only do I not care if you do so, I won't even bother to read the thread.

No one says you  HAVE to continue to use V4. I just wanted to hear from the people who DO. Why is that such a problem for you?

Cimarron ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:45 AM

I know her strengths and how to compensate for her weaknesses and there's the many years of investing in skins and clothing. I tried Gen 2 and 3 and they're great but Miss V is first choice when I want to get an idea out especially when it's a rush job.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 7:01 AM

Get to steppin... Lol

Such power trippers in this forum,

By all mean get back to your nostalgic v4 love-in.

Don't let me interrupt or heaven forbid have an opinion that doesnt align with your own.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 7:41 AM

The thread say "Why are you still using V4?", people answer why it use V4, nothing else, no spam, no insults, no troll, just why ;)

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 8:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I made a Poser weightmapped version of V4's Low Rez 17k LOD version so I could use her for background /companion characters and being able to utilize V4's extensive wardrobe without conversion at the same time.

(And more or less fully clothed, there is no real difference between a subdivided 17k LOD V4 and a standard V4 anyway)

file_cfecdb276f634854f3ef915e2e980c31.jpfile_149e9677a5989fd342ae44213df68868.jpfile_a4a042cf4fd6bfb47701cbc8a1653ada.jp(Last picture shows my weightmapped V4 LOD in the back, then regular V4WM, then Alfaseeds WM version of V4.)

I'm not happy with her default looks, but the low rez mesh of the LOD version is quite easy to morph into more natural shapes:

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.jp

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:30 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:37 AM

In effect, what was done is DAZ co-opted all of V4's content to help promote new figure lines. Hey, that was an excellent move, on their part, and one that sealed the deal for their new figure lines. A very smart move, indeed, and DAZ makes very smart moves fairly often in marketing their products to their customers. Kudos all around, honestly, for a job well-done on their part. But, it doesn't do doodly for Poser users, so we're left with looking for other solutions if we want "new."

It wasn't brilliance - it was making a virtue out of a necessity.  Genesis 1 had less than 300 items released for it in it's first 6 months of existence - without autofit, genesis would have been just as still-born as any other figure not named Victoria 4.  Even today, most of the characters made for the genesis line are made by less than half a dozen vendors - just like any other post-V4 figure.

Poser users have been able to autofit content even before V4 was released.  I was using Wardrobe Wizard to get V3 content onto my SM figures back in the 2005/6 timeframe.  Just because DAZ adds a feature doesn't actually mean that the feature is "new".  It just means that it is new to the DAZ community.  See: Animated Joint Centers (Apollo Maximus, 2005) or UV switching (Poser 2), just off the top of my head.

AFA V4 - Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is crap) applies to the DS/Poserverse just like it does anywhere else.  With V4's 8+ year run that 10% is simply larger than any other figure's runtime.  What is great now is that regardless of which application you prefer to use, you can still use all of that content on any figure that catches your fancy.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:40 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:45 AM

Poser users have been able to do the same - even before V4 was released.  I was using Wardrobe Wizard to get V3 content onto my SM figures back in the 2005/6 timeframe.  Just because DAZ adds a feature doesn't actually mean that the feature is "new".

True. However ease of use is key to how well a feature is used. What good is a feature or tool if people find it hard to get desired results without some hoop jumping? So yes Poser has had some of these tools for a while, however they are not one click solutions, which is what users want. Not everybody has the time and patience to sit through tweaking and doing manual adjusting just to get a single result which can be at best automated. The easier the tool is to use, the more people will use it.

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 11:37 AM

Hey, hey, hey, Pumeco... Cool down.

Earl started a good tread, and the simple and most common answer is : Investment in her content.

Nothing will even come close to V4 in at least a few decades. Digital content does not age, and is as good now, as it was then.

But the world does not turn around 3D, and certainly not around a single figure. 
End users have options bringing ANY native Poser/DS figure into Zbrush or Blender or whatever app they use..

PS: In another tread you asked hy I did not give them away..

Well, from yesterday morning till today, 18:00; I did 132 modifications on the figure object file, and 4 modifications on the UV_Map lay-out.
=> And correct, I did NOT touch the face yet.

And YES; I use that figure all the time for testing purposes, and for the last 4 years, not a week went by, that I did not change/adapt the object file.
Working so Lo Poly is extremely difficult.

Right now, I am in object body file mode, and in procedurals mode.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 12:52 PM

Well, another thread locked because people want stay on topic. Seriously, some you people really make me sick. I don't even know why I bother sometimes. Maybe it's just time to erase Poser from my hard drive and be done with the whole community.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:09 PM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:19 PM

Hey Clarkie, have you ever considered this:

• DAZ have a figure popular on their own website, and that same figure is most popular on websites mainly catering for the competition too (like here).
  • SM have a figure that isn't even popular on websites centered around their own products, nevemind that of the competition!

That's a recipe for disaster unless Poser users wise-up and quit the fascination with DAZ figures.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:31 PM

What support was needed for V4WM?  All of the V4 clothing, including those on sale in the new items here at Rendo can be used on V4WM.  I still occasionally buy V4 items and all I ever do it run it through the Outfitter script.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:57 PM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:58 PM

JoePublic cool render

I'm a fan of low polycount characters  

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 2:00 PM

Well, another thread locked because people want stay on topic. Seriously, some you people really make me sick. I don't even know why I bother sometimes. Maybe it's just time to erase Poser from my hard drive and be done with the whole community.

You are getting your question answered, just not in the way that you apparently hoped.  V4 usage is like a snowflake - every user is different. Some use her straight out of the box.

Some use her with a bundle of morph fixes & WM upgrades.

Some use her because they have a large investment of content, and aren't willing/able to move to a different figure.

Some use her because they don't see an improvement in any of the post-V4 figures.

Some use her content, but with the characters on a different base mesh. Some use her content, but on a different figure.

I don't know what more you want.  You asked a question & forum members answered - and even with those that disagreed with others, we explained WHY we took the approach to V4 that we do.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 2:14 PM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 2:15 PM

See SSbryan, you can post things that makes sense:) I Agree. Everybody gave all the reasons as to why they still use her or her content.

My Renderosity Store

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:10 PM

It has come to my attention that this thread has gotten out of hand. Thanks all who have tried to keep this on topic. I  am not ready to lock it yet, but please, this IS  Poser Forum. We are Poser users and it is insulting to come here and trash it. As well as against the rules. Let us play nice.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 12:44 AM · edited Sun, 05 July 2015 at 8:34 PM

[edited for previous deleted content]

On topic, I still use V4 and other old characters because I like them, their fails (if any) are mostly hidden behind dynamic clothing anyway.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 1:17 AM

One thing about V4 she was a definite cornerstone to what the industry has become. For her day she really was a pinnacle figure and the support for her really was quite staggering.

It does make you wonder if without V4 would the expansion of the sector have been similar or gone in a very different direction.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 2:11 AM

I'm neutral in my home studio I use daz & poser .I use mudbox & zbrush. I use MS & gimp.I'll use any app's that gets me to my goals.
but poser wouldn't be what it was with out daz V1,V2, sure there was a V3,V4. but posers success belongs to V1,2.
with out daz at the beginning there wouldn't be a poser today as we know it.
and the very determined users that would get poser 3,4 to do a lot of what it was never made to do.
poser 3,4 was a bloody nightmare .but the user fault it tooth n nail to get it to do what it did.

ScareCrows right posers hay day is over and unless there is someone to replace daz.
maybe not today but the ones that only support V4 are going to work them self's out of a job eventually.
then there go to daz studio and support genesis and leave poser in the dust.

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 5:07 AM · edited Sun, 05 July 2015 at 5:07 AM

@Clakie
Just so you know, I've always seen you and Vilters as people who can genuinely see past the V4 farce and all the misconceptions.

I know for a fact there's no point at all in moving over to DS when:

• The figure, Genesis (although an incredible piece of work) is overcomplicated.
  • The program, DS, is not as nice to use as Poser.

So personally, I've never seen the attraction in either of those things.  I mean what exactly did you expect to 'get' from a thread where you ask people why they are using V4?  - other than what you got here?  Surely all it was ever going to do is generate more 'yap' by people touting why they still use V4.  People are sheep, Clarkie, and I don't mean that in a condescending manner, I mean that onlookers see a thread like this and a little light-bulb switches on in their head and ...

...PING!!! ... MUST USE A DAZ FIGURE!!!

The fact that Roxie is a far better figure for use in Poser has no relevance when people are obsessed with something else (V4).  That's the sort of nonsense that is already out of hand.  Fact is, if you prefer DS, then yes, you should use a DAZ figure.  If you prefer Poser, then you should use a Poser figure.  Threads like these just undo all the hard work you, and Vilters (and others here) have put in over time.

Sounds like RorrKonn is the only other person in this thread with any sense!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 7:58 AM

I cant understand why some people cant accept the opinion of others ... incomprehensible.

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

piersyf ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 8:04 AM

Roxie is ugly. Get over it.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 9:06 AM

Roxie is ugly. Get over it.

You're 100% correct. In the hands of the Load, Pose, Render crowd, Roxie isn't pretty.

For the "I can't be bothered to read any instructions, particularly a 700 page user manual or a ReadMe" file, she's not particularly cute.

For the porn and T&A crowd, she's not their thing.

But, for those of us who bothered to learn the new features of Poser, to see what Poser is actually capable of, Roxie is perfection.

file_0336dcbab05b9d5ad24f4333c7658a0e.jp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.