Thu, Sep 19, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: why does it keep asking me this?

Darkworld ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 3:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

WOW this is annoying lol... every other time i double click a pose this window pops up.  it seems to pick a random folder out of a hat and ask me if i want to move the pose to that folder (after applying the pose to my figure).

need this to STOP.  any suggestions appreciated!  using PPro 2014

file_9dcb88e0137649590b755372b040afad.jp

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 3:44 PM

You're moving the mouse when you click.  Happens to me when I need to clean the trackball.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 3:44 PM
Online Now!

Did you update to most recent service release?  I do vaguely remember this problem a long time ago.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 5:05 PM
Online Now!

It does the same thing to me. Has done so since PP2012. I'm on 2014 GD with the latest SR.

It's annoying but I haven't figured out a way to make it not do that, other than clicking carefully.

It's because you can drag and drop items from one folder to the other, but the sensitivity on it needs to be turned down a bit, so that it only happens when you're deliberately dragging an item.

At least it gives that warning first. If it didn't my libraries would be a huge mess.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:06 PM · edited Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:07 PM

It also happens because you press on an item, it gets bigger, and then it moves because other things had to move to make space, and then when you let go, you've now got your mouse over a folder instead of the original item you pressed on.

It can be solved in several ways. Besides being more careful you can:

1. Change the Tree "Selected Thumbnail Size" to be the same as the Thumbnail Size 

or

1. Display items in the Item List Panel, instead of in the tree.

From the day I started building that UI, I thought it was weird to have the items be mixed with the folders, and to have the item change size when you touch it. But that's what the SM User Experience team wanted.

Later I added the option to turn that off and to use a separate panel to show the folder contents. That is the only way I use it - with multiple panels. Because of that, I never have the accidental drag and drop problem.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:10 PM

If you set things up this way you will never accidentally drag and drop, and you get to see a lot more things at once.

file_37a749d808e46495a8da1e5352d03cae.pn

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:12 PM · edited Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:13 PM

I am absolutely astonished at the ineptitude of this forum developer. The image I uploaded was a 149KB PNG file.

After the upload - it is now a 1.8 MB PNG file. That's over 10 times bigger FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

If it's taking a long time to show up for you, don't blame me.

The forum should not be transforming images AT ALL, and CERTAINLY not a PNG file which is already compressed, and then bloating it. My God - the unbelievable incompetence is just too painful.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:15 PM

But that's what the SM User Experience team wanted.

Did they also want the text and thumbnails to be invisible against the row highlight if the row wasn't 100% exposed and the arrow key to only occasionally work? If those are the result of settings I can change, please tell me because the latter is driving me banaynays.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:24 PM

I am absolutely astonished at the ineptitude of this forum developer. The image I uploaded was a 149KB PNG file.

After the upload - it is now a 1.8 MB PNG file. That's over 10 times bigger FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

If it's taking a long time to show up for you, don't blame me.

The forum should not be transforming images AT ALL, and CERTAINLY not a PNG file which is already compressed, and then bloating it. My God - the unbelievable incompetence is just too painful.

Literally the only reason Bondware is still in existence is because it owns Renderosity and the Roku channel that hasn't updated in a year. Rendo was supposed to be a demonstration of BW in action (after Rosity ditched the original board software) to sell it on other customers and afaik there are none.  The store is a stable piece of work and I have no grievances with it. The blog that handles announcements and policies is ok.

The forum software, however, is an argument for porting the database to vBulletin or equivalent and burning the source code. In 2000 the idea of an all-in-one CMS was probably pretty sexy but then most of the web apps that you can cobble together a portal from today didn't exist yet. 

obm890 ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 5:40 AM

I am absolutely astonished at the ineptitude of this forum developer.

Is there actually a forum developer? I thought perhaps the web developer had been suspended or sacked, given that the appalling state of things has remained relatively unchanged for some months now. If said forum developer was actively trying to 'fix' or 'improve' things they would almost certainly be getting much worse. I think his/her skillset peaked somewhere around the switch to circular avatars, anything beyond that proved too ambitious.

heddheld ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 6:23 AM

opps I was blaming this problem on my shaky hands ;-) glad to know its not just ME lol

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 6:29 AM

But that's what the SM User Experience team wanted.

Did they also want the text and thumbnails to be invisible against the row highlight if the row wasn't 100% exposed and the arrow key to only occasionally work? If those are the result of settings I can change, please tell me because the latter is driving me banaynays.

Hmm - I am unable to relate to either thing you said. For the visibility problem, can you show an example? As for the arrows, I have never found them not to work as I expect. Are you talking about changing the selected item or folder with arrows or something else?

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 7:20 PM

Hmm - I am unable to relate to either thing you said. For the visibility problem, can you show an example? As for the arrows, I have never found them not to work as I expect. Are you talking about changing the selected item or folder with arrows or something else?

I am. As I've just started Poser up again, I can't reproduce the problem but over time the scroll starts to look like this at the bottom if the selected item is half under the scroll:file_c9e1074f5b3f9fc8ea15d152add07294.pnUsually at this point, the arrow keys do not change the selection or expand/collapse folders. I can click around a bit and sometimes it returns, but it's not guaranteed to work. This is the case on my rMBP regardless of whether I'm using the built-in kb or a USB external.

Also, the scroll speed of this widget using the trackpad is ridiculous. If I have a mouse, I can use the wheel or drag the nearly invisible scrubber (not your fault, it's the default UI for poser), but just two-finger scrolling with the trackpad goes incredibly fast no matter what setting I have for the trackpad's actual tracking. rMBP internal trackpad, two finger scrolling, USB internal connection. Fine tuning settings with BetterTouchTool has no effect. 

Is this somehow related? http://labs.byhook.com/2010/04/09/flash-mouse-wheel-support/

Again, if not my apologies.

Fauvist ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2018 at 4:58 PM · edited Tue, 12 June 2018 at 4:59 PM

Also, the scroll speed of this widget using the trackpad is ridiculous. If I have a mouse, I can use the wheel or drag the nearly invisible scrubber (not your fault, it's the default UI for poser), but just two-finger scrolling with the trackpad goes incredibly fast no matter what setting I have for the trackpad's actual tracking. rMBP internal trackpad, two finger scrolling, USB internal connection. Fine tuning settings with BetterTouchTool has no effect. 

Is this somehow related? http://labs.byhook.com/2010/04/09/flash-mouse-wheel-support/

Was there no answer to this? I'm using Poser Pro 2012 and the tracking speed of the mouse when I'm scrolling the folders and their contents are absolutely ridiculously fast and it's driving me crazy. Is Poser is still in business?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.