Thu, Sep 19, 6:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: saving ERC in daz studio

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 10:22 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:59 PM

greetz members

any idea on how to save the ERC in Daz studio? I've made a custom ERC by dragging the master dials ( edit mode in parameter tab) into the slave controller( in property hierarchy ) . The erc works properly , but whenever i save the figure (using wearable presets) into daz library and reload it, the ERC went off...

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 11:14 AM · edited Mon, 27 July 2015 at 11:16 AM

Did you select the controller when you saved the asset? Best you ask this question over here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/technical-help

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 11:47 AM

hey there Zev0,  if the parent figure is what you refer as the controller then i did,since selecting the parent figure is needed in order to save the conforming item as wearable asset. sadly  when i load back the asset, the custom ERC is not there any more.

posted my question earlier in daz, just want to post it here for more replies and possible solutions.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/60077/can-t-save-erc-controller-settings#latest

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 12:05 PM · edited Mon, 27 July 2015 at 12:06 PM

What is it you are trying to achieve? EG what result are you looking for? Or simply, what are you wanting to happen between figure and clothes? Also for what app is this intended for.

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 12:11 PM

Did you select the controller when you saved the asset? Best you ask this question over here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/technical-help

btw,did u happen to successfully retain the daz custom made ERC in a saved conforming figure(.duf format)? just wish to know the correct way to save a conforming asset

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 12:19 PM · edited Mon, 27 July 2015 at 12:22 PM

What do you want the clothing to do, or maintain? What do you want changed on the clothing compared to it's current state? Also why do you want these changes. I need to know the basics to understand the best approach to a solution.

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 1:00 PM · edited Mon, 27 July 2015 at 1:09 PM

ok, here is what happened, i have made a custom ERC(CREATED IN DAZ STUDIO ITSELF) that link between V4 and a conforming item. The ERC work perfectly not untill i saved the conforming item into library. When i load it back and reconform to V4, the ERC is not working anymore.( that is, when i change the master dial in V4, the slave dial in conforming figure not changing simultanously anymore)

this conforming figure(cr2 format) is for use in poser only, all the ERC are working perfectly in poser, but strangely some failed in daz studio. so i have to make new ERCs inside daz itself to replace the failed ERC, and save it in daz format for daz users. I wouldnt go that far if initially all the ERCs works fine in daz as in poser.

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 1:15 PM

So, is this clothing is supposed to remember figure shape morphs populated on the clothing via an ERC preset?

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 1:39 PM

not sure if i got your point ... maybe yes? all my ERCs link the shape morphs between V4 and the conforming figure. ERCs with full body morphs(FBM) works fine both in poser and daz studio, but some failed in daz studio, specifically ERC involving full head morphs(FHM) with V4 as master dial, that is FHMAikoBase for example.

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 1:44 PM

Ah so is the problem with FHM morphs only?

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 2:08 PM

Yup thats it! i've posted a question in daz forum earlier about "ERC created in poser is not working in daz , mainly FHM' , but no answers yet. so i tried different solution by creating daz version of ERC for the FHM, unfortunately 2nd problem arises--> the ERC made in daz does not retained when saved as wearable assets... that pretty much explained how i go that far...

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 2:15 PM · edited Mon, 27 July 2015 at 2:16 PM

Is this clothing item rigged or saved for Poser or Daz? Reason I ask is because something could be messed up in the Poser content format, because FHM's normally save to a wearable preset just fine as far as I know, same way as FBM's. Also I would create the ERC in Studio in order for it to work in Studio. There is no guarentee it will read one made in Poser.

My Renderosity Store

AnyMatter ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 3:01 PM

the clothing item is rigged completely in poser, but i can say 99% works in daz as well, the other 1% left is the FHM issue. in fact i have tested other clothing item which is a daz original product(  compatible both poser and daz ).  I assume that product to be the best sample for references... unfortunately they never relate the ERC between FHM ,only between FBM(master) and FHM(slave), or just between FBM ... so i suspect ERC in poser with FHM as master will never work in daz, so even the daz artists themselves came up with such alternative?

forgot to add in earlier reply, infact i've tried creating ERC in daz with FBM too, doesnt matter if its FBM or FHM, after save and reload the item, the ERC still not working . If u previously happened to be successfully retain the ERC in your saved clothing item in daz then i might be missed something... all i wish to know is the proper way to save figure in daz so the property such as ERC can be retained properly .

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 5:09 PM

Moving to DS forum.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.