Thu, Oct 3, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Just bring back old Rendo

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:13 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:35 PM

Since Rendo started renewing their web page, navigating became a non user-friendley. Important functions were missing or got hidden. This started tobecome worse in the forums, with the latest update the gallery is a pain to use. The old Page system got lost, now we have a scroll system. All of a sudden, advertisments are popping up. before a site is loaded. I have enough.
Just reset Rendo back to pre-2013.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 7:15 AM

Just undoing the recent 'upgrade' would be great for a start ...

Amaranth ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 8:04 AM

I'm afraid it won't happen and that is what makes me sad.

Amaranth3D

KatesFriend ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 9:30 AM

I second Timberwolf in his remarks. The serious difficulties with this sight go back to around 2013 and it would be wise to restore Renderosity to a pre-2013 format.

FreeBass ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 4:27 PM

For myself, I'm not against the idea of a site "upgrade" per se, but against this current implementation.

Much like EVERY other piece of info I have regarding this Revolution, I've pieced together from various threads the fact that there was in fact a Beta test for this "New Improved" 'Rosity. Obviously it was a closed beta, as I never heard a ting 'bout it 'til th'other day, & I assume that the testers invited were all vendors due to the fact that they have access to parts of the site the rest of us don't that also need testing. Again, I have no problem with this... seems like SOP to me. The problem lies in the fact that y'all went directally from closed beta to EAT IT!!! Bad juju, 'Rosity... very bad. The Grand Reopening is no place fer the open beta (open beta also being SOP).

(edited to remove tangentail rant)

Coupla years ago my car got called in on a recall. Ya know what they did? They gave me what they called a Courtesy Car to drive while my own was out of commission. That car, while not the shiniest or newest, worked just fine in the interim. See where I'm goin' with this?

My bottom line here is by all means go forth w/ the upgrades, but don't force us to "get used to" a broken product. Do a proper Open Beta on an alternate address while leaving a previous stable iteration of the site intact at the main addy while y'all make yr dream site come to life with full Google/ Win 10/ whatever support/ compliance.

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Groade ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:16 AM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:18 AM

@4222183 I agree.

I don't know about a pre-2013 reset but this recent 'upgrade' and the phone/tablet-centric design philosophy behind it should be scrapped.

At least until smartphones and tablets have the processing power to render images as fast as PCs.

Groade ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:18 AM

EwokZombie ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:34 AM

Totally agree. This new format blows chunks. There is nothing good about it.

Unless it gets fixed I wont be spending to much money here anymore, if at all.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:26 PM

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're working through the kinks and bugs in order to make everything work more efficiently.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

PhilW ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 5:37 AM

It's like you haven't even tested it before unleashing it on users. I'm not getting any notifications about anything (yet I have notifications turned on), can't find stuff like my Fav Artists list, everything feels very clunky and the ads are too "in your face". Very poor - I have been a user for years and have over 1000 images in my gallery, but this has made me seriously consider moving my stuff elsewhere.

bwsupport ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 11:18 PM
Site Admin

PhilW posted at 11:17PM Sun, 23 August 2015 - #4223143

It's like you haven't even tested it before unleashing it on users. I'm not getting any notifications about anything (yet I have notifications turned on), can't find stuff like my Fav Artists list, everything feels very clunky and the ads are too "in your face". Very poor - I have been a user for years and have over 1000 images in my gallery, but this has made me seriously consider moving my stuff elsewhere.

PhilW, I have answered you here @4223440 please view.

bwsupport ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 11:18 PM
Site Admin

Minyassa ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 4:18 AM

I was shocked when I came to the site and saw what's been done to it. It is difficult to browse or find specific things, and it is visually appalling. I've used Rendo for years and more or less patiently tolerated the stuff that's been done to it over time, though I was still mourning the original beauty of the site as it was before it was turned into a cell phone display. This new thing has broken my tolerance. I will go through and bookmark the individual pages I might need in future but I am done with attempting to browse the marketplace or other site features. It's simply too frustrating and inconvenient. I cannot imagine what someone was thinking to push this through.

sloan ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:06 AM

Some parts belonging to the old site still exist! Granted they are in the form of now dead links everywhere from the main Renderosity page to these forums, but they are still there!

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:23 AM · edited Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:33 AM

I started having problems with viewing the site in 2013, too. Good to see here that it wasn't only me.
The 2013 upgrade did add things I liked, so I'm not ready to say go back to before then. I would rather see 2013 improved for viewability on high horsepower graphics machines.

I logged my 2013 viewing issues but nothing changed. I 'sorta' solved most of my viewing problems by resetting the displayed screen size to 80% of normal in the browser tool bar.

This 2015 re-do, however, is unworkable for me. I took some screen captures in another thread titled, "What I see when I come to the Renderosity SIte"

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2893190

to show how the site is presented to my machine. I tried to keep it light, stepping through some of the decisions I quickly make when trying to see what's new.

If anyone wants to add screen captures of what they see, they can do it there, especially if it is different from what I see. It might be helpful to the Renderosity team, too. I expect some machine/browser combinations may be better than mine (I can hardly imagine how they could be worse).

SeanE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 7:26 AM

The site looks crap on an iPad.

The submit button takes you to 2 ad banners and nothing else... I can't see how to submit anything now.

I feel the Renderosity team have excelled themselves in alienating the users this time... I've been here since 2001 but this is the first time I've felt like just chucking Tenderosity in once and for all.

Art station.com is better than this. (And that place isn't very flash and usable on an iPad either)

NenaLuise ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 10:16 AM

Simple said: I just don't like the new site.
Awful, just awful, i wanna have the old style back .... PLEASE!

kits ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 4:21 PM

I have been a member here since 1999 and even before that when it was the really old Rendo.
I have noticed over the years that things are getting more and more "Artist Unfriendly", I was shocked when this new upgrade came along just how much the site slowed down, it is virtually unuseable, which is a crying shame as Rendo used to be a great place, it still could be, but the number and the quality of the artists that have now gone elsewhere will make that a difficult task, and to be quite frank about it I don't think that admin have thought through what such a major change will bring.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:08 PM

@4223544 Hey SeanE-- Would you be able to take a screenshot so I know what it looks like on an ipad? I can show this photo to the programmers to fix.

Hope Kumor

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:08 PM

Hope Kumor

SeanE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 5:51 PM

I have no idea how to do a screenshot on an iPad... Or how to upload it.

When I click on a dropdown menu and then one of the options I briefly get a row of links that includes an upload link. This row then disappears when the page changes and I can't find it again without clicking another dropdown menu and selecting somewhere else to go. It disappears well before I could click that upload button that appears and since the page is in transition it probably doesn't work anyway.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 3:59 AM

What hurts the venfdors the worst is this whole gallery BS along with scrolling vendor lists. I mean, seriously? This is great for anyone whose name starts with a digit, dash, or A, but it sucks for everyone else. It has made shopping here literally impossible outside of My Wishlist, which is the only part of Rendo outside of the Forums that hasn't been completely FUBAR'd

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 1:05 PM

SeanE posted at 12:04PM Tue, 25 August 2015 - #4223771

I have no idea how to do a screenshot on an iPad... Or how to upload it.

When I click on a dropdown menu and then one of the options I briefly get a row of links that includes an upload link. This row then disappears when the page changes and I can't find it again without clicking another dropdown menu and selecting somewhere else to go. It disappears well before I could click that upload button that appears and since the page is in transition it probably doesn't work anyway.

Take a picture of the screen with your Iphone and send it :P

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 1:48 PM

Good idea, @diogenese19348!!

Hope Kumor

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 7:00 AM · edited Fri, 28 August 2015 at 7:01 AM

In the old Renderosity I could search the gallery for text in each image's comments :: e.g. I could search the gallery for my username, to find where image makers had said that they had used any of my CGI models. I can't do that now. Please bring this ability back.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 9:51 AM

I'd like to have back the old gallery pages. Endless scrolling is a PITA.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 6:34 PM

I agree, the new look sucks! Takes forever to find all the right buttons now... People, the new Edge Browser in Win10 is bad enough, did you HAVE to make it worse??

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.