Fri, Sep 20, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Need help regarding water texture!

DeZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 10:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

file_218322.jpg

Hello, just got Vue4 today and started out straigt away trying to create a simple underwater image using a quadratic spotlight to fake the sun and create lightray's in the water. Now, after 20% rendering (Final) I saw black and white curves on the water surface. The never dissapered after anti-alaising. I am pretty new to Vue, starting with 3.1 before the summer. I would guess that it has to do with the texture bumpmap....and I would really like some feedback on how to correct this! (I upgraded to 4.02 straight away) I also included a picture of the problem! Thank-you in advance!

kruzr ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 10:53 AM

'Morning n00b, I'm sorry that I can't offer any help with the curved lines on the water, being that I am also a new user, ( one week ). What I can tell you is, I also get these same lines with a couple of the different waters included in Vue 4, and I get these lines from an "above water view" rendering too. Maybe someone experienced with Vue 4 can shed some light on this subject for us? Have a good one . . . Mark.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 11:06 AM

A few questions : Which water material are you using ? What do the bump settings look like ?

DeZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 11:19 AM

I used Default water, and I have not changed anything in the bump menue. However, I did import textures from my Vue 3 CD-ROM and used them instead....and no curves! Then i doubble-checked the Vue 4 texture...and it then also did not appear having any curves! This is wierd, but it works!

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 1:56 PM

Strange. Must be some kind of fluke between the v.3 and v.4 formats. Good to hear you got it cleared up at least; that is going to be a great image! :)

DeZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback guy's, just finished the rendering and posted it in the Vue gallery. Must say I am quite pleased, especially when considering how easy it was to create. Got to hand it to the people over at e-onsoftware for a great product!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.