Mon, Oct 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Daz to Hexagon OBJ Scales and Back

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2015 at 1:13 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:29 AM

I have never made any clothing for Daz Studio 4.6 before, but I have created so in Poser. I normally use Hexagon 2.5 as a modeling platform. I exported a Genesis 2 male as an object and choose the hexagon section in the pull down menu and save the file. I imported the object into hexagon and it came in at a very large scale about 250 times normal.

What scale should I export in Genesis 2 figures in Daz 4.6 for it to come in correctly in Hexagon? What are reverse selections should I make in Hexagon so it comes back into Daz Studio correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2015 at 3:02 PM · edited Sun, 06 September 2015 at 3:02 PM

You can avoid this problem by using the Hexagon Bridge in DS

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2015 at 3:22 PM

250 times - 243 in fact - is about right if you are used to importing Poser OBJ without adjustment (if you are applying scaling in Hexagon then either don't or use the Poser preset in the OBJ Export dialogue in DS). When reimporting into DS use the same preset as you used on export.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2015 at 5:09 PM

Thanks for the info :-)

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:55 AM · edited Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:55 AM

Hex and DS both use cm as the unit of measure by default.

If you are working on things from DS, especially morphs, then export from DS at DS scale. (One unit = 1cm) Import and export from Hex at the same scale.

This prevents rounding errors.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.