Thu, Sep 19, 3:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Why so few new products for Poser?

mazzam ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 6:18 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:55 PM
Online Now!

This seems to be turning into a marketplace mainly for DS users. I find myself spending far more time at RDNA and buying more there since this new trend developed. Since I hardly need more content, you are making it very easy indeed to save my money!

thartwick1 ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 6:36 AM

Yep. I agree. Not many new items for Poser. Too bad.

AshCloud ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:16 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 September 2015 at 9:16 AM

DS user here, with a similar problem. I have no interest in G3F/V7 or Iray whatsoever. I will buy V4 (and G2F) related products if/when they're available. So, my spending here and at other marketplaces has plummeted. I see no point renewing my Prime membership if the situation remains the same, with the marketplace being dominated by G3F/V7 and Iray products.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 10:13 AM

Lots of changes here.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 11:29 AM
Site Admin

Some vendors feel the same guys! 👽

But it's the new trend and will eventually die out.. this IS a Poser site with many 100% Poser vendors who do not plan to fall in the trap of this trend! 😉

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

mazzam ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 11:30 AM
Online Now!

The DAZ business policy is transparent, to trap buyers into feeling they have to replace their content every year to fit a new character. And plenty of DAZ users are getting roped into it. V5 went nowhere. I might have invested in V6 if the Poser interface worked well enough, but now V6 is being replaced by V7 so why even bother.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 12:34 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 September 2015 at 12:35 PM
Site Admin

I totally agree with you mazzam! At least V4 was one figure with two extra expensive packs - body morphs and face morphs.. from there you could expand as you wished! They give the software for free but they demand HUNDREADS of dollars to keep up with their endless characters and morphs now... what used to be all in one pack now comes with each body morph as a new character, new UVs, new stuff and MUCH HIGHER prices... new ways to milk the customers day in and day out!

It's a business, that's their policy.. but I keep wondering how people still keep falling for it and empty their wallets to DAZ with no end to the vicious cycle! 🙀

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2015 at 3:08 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 September 2015 at 3:08 PM

I agree with you renapd!

Mihrelle ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 2:49 AM

Seen, noticed and taken on board. Will try to produce a balance of products in the future for as long as there is the demand for them.

Tempesta3d ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 5:58 AM

Same as Renapd and Mihrelle. I LOVE Poser and I will continue to make products for it. I know many sellers feel the same. ๐Ÿ˜ป

๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ™€

This is 10% Luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name!

Poisen ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 8:02 AM

Still making all of my stuff for Poser with included Daz compatibility.

i am just waiting for awhile on making any new stuff till Renderosity gets its "new site" act together,,,,;(

J.B

Frequency3D ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 11:08 AM

Poser only stuff here since I concentrate on dynamic clothing. If I start making props, they will probably be DS also. And if it was possible to make dynamic clothing for DS as well, I would of course. My main issue with DAZ really. :P

Curious about what might be coming with Poser 2016...

Frequency Galleryย  |ย  Frequency Store

Tempesta3d ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 11:25 AM

Frequency posted at 11:24AM Wed, 09 September 2015 - #4227356

Curious about what might be coming with Poser 2016...

Me too Frequency... Me too ๐Ÿ˜ธ

๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ™€

This is 10% Luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name!

Frequency3D ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 11:27 AM ยท edited Wed, 09 September 2015 at 11:35 AM

I feel really happy every time I hear people wanting Poser stuff though. And V4 still going so strong among the customers proves that it is worth investing in something and making it great. :)

Although I would prefer to move into creating for a weight mapped figure that has a similar level of market support, for more hybrid clothing. I've only rigged clothing for weight mapped figures (Dawn) and am not too keen on doing it the old way. But here it gets tricky with market support levels for figures (Dawn) / suitability of figures for Poser (V6).

And just the idea of creating something for V6 only that also only works in Poser... I would anticipate angry DS users and no sales!

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 3:04 PM

@Frequency Well, that's the good thing about dynamic clothing, it can fit pretty much ANY figure with very simple adjustments! Which is why I've bought quite a few of your items, and would gladly buy them all if I had the funds lol

Come to think of it, the majority of clothes I've bought the last two years have been dynamic.. and at the same time I've moved away from V4 a lot, both to Dawn AND older figures like A3.. V4 is still a good figure and I still use her and buy content for her, but a bit of variety helps you improve :) (Not to mention that I actually prefer MALE models, and that really makes you hunt for good content)

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 5:30 PM

I guess you all didn't get the memo. The site will soon be renamed to Genosity :)

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Frequency3D ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 5:48 PM

@DreaminGirl Wow, I am glad you like them! I do add fits for both V6 and Dawn pretty often so that things will work out of the box even without adjustments. Have you tried using any of my items on V3 and did that work well? V3 is a bit before my time, I only got started in 2010. :)

This reminds me I should make some male stuff soon... the market is bit slower there but the guys do need more stuff!

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 8:58 AM

Here's a quick example (don't mind the crappy lighting XD ) of V3 wearing La Sera dress. Takes a bit of fiddling to get the constrained area to behave properly, but otherwise nothing you can't fix with the morph brush :)

v3 sera example.jpg

Frequency3D ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 9:06 AM
kljpmsd ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 3:11 PM

I'd like to offer the suggestion that one reason could be because making stuff for Genesis is loads easier than making stuff for Vicky Four. Utilities like the the rigging and morph transfer tools take a lot of the grunt work out of making clothes for Genesis. There's also the fact that there are no undocumented problems in Daz like Poser's inability to save the geometry file properly requiring a goofy workaround. Maybe Poser could kinda get on this? If it where straight forward than maybe, just maybe more folks would make stuff for Vicky Four. Even though Daz is allergic to tutorials and has no concept of the phenomenon known as 'documentaion', it's still a lot easier to make stuff in Daz for Daz and Genesis. (A long time Poser user who also dabbles in Daz).

Frequency3D ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 4:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 September 2015 at 4:33 PM

This might be an out of topic (and perhaps basic) question, but I have not rigged anything in DAZ. Is it very different than rigging in Poser, and would (conforming) clothing for say V4 or V6 have to be rigged separately in the two programs? And then we have the mysterious 'DSON Poser Companion files' that V6 items seem to need.

kljpmsd ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 5:58 PM

Frequency posted at 5:53PM Thu, 10 September 2015 - #4227641 ...but I have not rigged anything in DAZ. Is it very different than rigging in Poser?

There's a huge difference....it's much easier for one. I feel strongly that Poser should really jump on this AND make the workflow easier, straight forward, and write good documentation (something that Daz has no idea how to do). I had no luck with DSON but found that I didn't really have to bother anyway. With folks talking about PPro 2016 maybe it'll happen? I'd sure like to be able to use to Poser full time.

fabiana ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 8:32 PM

I VERY recently started to seriously use DS, trying to give some answers to the customers asking me that... I do it with all my love, and being honest I am liking it.,.. but if we really love POser we shouldnยดt let our market to be flooded with DS products... is a trend, and as Rena said, will pass as TON of trends we have seen before...

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

Dulcinea ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 7:22 AM

We use Poser also, but no more buy much from Daz because of DS. New stuff only for DS and no Poser. We save $$, but are sad no much Poser any more.

Frequency3D ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 10:19 AM

@kljpmsd Thank you, some new skills are never a bad investment in any case. I should probably learn it.

@fabiana. As long as it is fun, it is all good. Being forced to leave the software you love behind because of trends is a lot less fun!

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 2:41 PM

renapd posted at 8:38PM Fri, 11 September 2015 - #4227110

Some vendors feel the same guys! ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

But it's the new trend and will eventually die out.. this IS a Poser site with many 100% Poser vendors who do not plan to fall in the trap of this trend! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hate to tell you but DS is here to stay. When I read comments like this I remember why as a DS user I don't shop here anymore DS users haven't ever really been welcome here but then after shopping at Daz we have got use to high quality items.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 4:32 PM

I used Poser for years but moved to DS because I like, no , I LOVE to work with Genesis , G2F. Using those in Poser was a nightmare, so I went to install DS again * after years * and fell in love with it.

For DS Users was not much here in the store, it mainly Poser, now there is also enough for DS Users, where is the problem? Is it not good that a store offers products for both?

Poser , in my opinion , hit a dead end and is not developing. Daz Studio is moving forward fast.

There are really serious problems in the world, it is a bit silly to worry what is in the store and what not :(

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 2:12 PM

carrara can use poser props and figure rigging up to poser 7. (they diverged with the circle joints, like Miki3)

carrara shaders for poser content would be an incentive to buy poser items

i don't like to spend money on stuff i have to tweak.

โ™ฅย My Gallery Albumsย  ย  โ™ฅ ย ย My YTย  ย โ™ฅ ย ย Party in the CarrarArtists Forumย ย โ™ชโ™ชโ™ชย 10 years of Carrara forumย โ™ฅ My FreeStuff

redhorse ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 10:26 PM

I love the Poser products too. I'm a Carrara and Vue user, both of which are designed to use Poser content. Carrara uses it natively - no importing or converting. Just point Carrara to the runtime and it shows up in the library and everything works just like it does in Poser (except for python scripts and dynamic clothing). Vue can easily import Poser content in two ways: static import (no posing in Vue) and a linked import where it uses Poser to pose and modify content inside Vue (very slow, but sometimes useful).

While Carrara handles Genesis reasonably well and Genesis 2 with a few hiccups, it cannot use Genesis 3 (yet -and there's not much hope at the moment). Vue can't use anything from Genesis on up.

So keep in mind that some of us "Poser users" are really using other applications and Poser file formats are just a "lingua franca" for consuming content. If it works in Poser without some crazy plugin or import process, we can use it too without much effort. The only time I actually use Poser is as a staging area for importing content to Vue and I won't even touch DAZ Studio if I can help it.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 10:17 AM
Site Admin

tparo posted at 10:14AM Sat, 19 September 2015 - #4227793

Some vendors feel the same guys! 👽

But it's the new trend and will eventually die out.. this IS a Poser site with many 100% Poser vendors who do not plan to fall in the trap of this trend! 😉

I hate to tell you but DS is here to stay. When I read comments like this I remember why as a DS user I don't shop here anymore DS users haven't ever really been welcome here but then after shopping at Daz we have got use to high quality items.

Everybody is free of their choice!

However, I keep wondering why since you have no interest in what is sold here... why bother to participate in our forum threads? 😈

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 1:04 PM

tparo posted at 7:03PM Sat, 19 September 2015 - #4227793

But it's the new trend and will eventually die out.. this IS a Poser site with many 100% Poser vendors who do not plan to fall in the trap of this trend! ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you are used to * high quality stuff * from Daz3d, why are you here complaining, you do not like it here so , you know where the door is ;)

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 2:00 PM

Ah, the good old "DAZ vs Poser" argument.

OK, so I was curious and checked. Of the last 96 items released:

49 were primarily for DAZ 11 were primarily for Poser 20 could be used in both equally (essentially any props or 2D items) 6 were for neither program

For the purposes of this I counted anything Genesis 2 and 3 as being for DAZ, even though Poser can use Genesis 2, and anything for V4 for Poser, though of course DAZ can use it. As I recall there was one Dusk product out there, I don't recall anything for Dawn.

So I have to agree that the complaints about lack of Poser products aren't just sour grapes - there was a period of time where a DAZ user was in much the same position, and even the props had to be looked at carefully in case they used Poser only mats - but a 4:1 ratio on the figure specific products was surprising.

I don't see it as a passing fad though - Smith Micro's financial position is really precarious, and I don't see where they have a whole lot of money to spend on developing Poser particularly since the only revenues they get from it is sale of the software itself.

I'm not happy to see that - competition keeps everybody honest, and while I prefer DAZ to Poser, I don't want to see Poser fail.

As far as the product mix here, I have to assume that what is being created and sold is what is selling - if you want more Poser products you're going to have to vote with your wallets.

sparkman ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 5:28 AM

After reading the comments here , sometimes even angry and telling someone at the door I was interested in , and do you remember "very dedicated to the Poser" users that they mainly use basic shapes V4 M4 V3 M3 ,which were the brainchild of the same DAZ3D ?. And the problem with Poser is that none of the owners of this product over the years of its existence did not bother to produce a normal baseline figures for Poser . Time goes by and DAZ produces more realistic new base model , updates the software,and Poser "grazes past" and the plans of the owners is not planned to release support the user in the form of good material to work with users. I think that the trend decline in the popularity of Poser will continue and You ,as the product would have to ask questions to the owners of Poser , not the content producers here at Renderosity. To limit the sales of products targeted under DAZ great foolishness and I think the leadership Renderosity will not do , and wishing to see more content for Poser recommend to roll up our sleeves ,use your brain and use the DSON Converter together with Daz studio , courtesy of DAZ , especially because it is free and instructions for using DSON available on the Internet. I'm not expecting good reviews on my comment,I don't wish to offend, but it is the truth and how you will meet tomorrow depends on You

sparkman ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 6:25 AM

And of not a few important and probably dominant is the choice of the user what and when to buy , healthy competition makes better products ,but the price in this case should pertain to a sub-labor vendor.

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 8:35 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 2:29PM Sun, 20 September 2015 - #4229480

If you are used to * high quality stuff * from Daz3d, why are you here complaining, you do not like it here so , you know where the door is ;)

You are so right why do DS users bother to visit here just to be insulted and driven away. Perhaps my comment about high quality items was tactless but it was in response to a vendor derogatory remarks. My complaint is very simple I thought obviously incorrectly that this was a 3D content site not a Poser only site. And 1 of the reasons I visit here is because I still have some of a Gift cert left. I do hope that you spend a lot here because while you drive out the DS users the vendors here will suffer. Its sad that some people and venders can't cope with a bit of variety and competition.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 12:10 AM

tparo posted at 6:07AM Mon, 21 September 2015 - #4229607

You are so right why do DS users bother to visit here just to be insulted and driven away. Perhaps my comment about high quality items was tactless but it was in response to a vendor derogatory remarks. My complaint is very simple I thought obviously incorrectly that this was a 3D content site not a Poser only site. And 1 of the reasons I visit here is because I still have some of a Gift cert left. I do hope that you spend a lot here because while you drive out the DS users the vendors here will suffer. Its sad that some people and venders can't cope with a bit of variety and competition.

I am a DS User too but I do not complain and I do not compare. Daz3d and Renderosity are different. In one store you now get Genesis only, I have not seen anything new for V4 ... here you have a variety of products, for V4, for Dawn and and ... Renderosity is and has been a fine store with great products. Petra

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 1:26 AM

Renderosity may be a fine store but it has become difficult to navigate these days and unfortunately the forums are a joke, a place where bashing and mudslinging goes on without being addressed a place where some posters are allowed to drive customers away with insults, the moderators care little what goes on here and there are times when I feel that they actually enjoy watching the fights. As this whole thread started as a complaint with digs at DS and its users I don't really see why you decided to tell me where the door was, that in itself was inflammatory why not tell the OP to stop complaining.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 2:20 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 September 2015 at 2:27 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 2:57AM Mon, 21 September 2015 - #4229740

I am a DS User too but I do not complain and I do not compare. Daz3d and Renderosity are different. In one store you now get Genesis only, I have not seen anything new for V4 ... here you have a variety of products, for V4, for Dawn and and ... Renderosity is and has been a fine store with great products. Petra

Petra, just to remind you from a few years back, you did compare and complain at DAZ in the platinum club years ago when Genesis was released to the point of your posts being deleted and you dropped your membership. I remember you there and you using a different username here. Even though the products were shifting towards genesis, no one told you where the door was when you complained, said you were being betrayed as a Poser user and told vendors you would never buy their things, so I'm not understanding why you told tparo to leave when he voiced his opinion.

And he has does have a point about this site being hostile to DS users. I buy products here as well, but I scale them back because of the hostility I see and really that needs to change from a management standpoint if DS users are making up the a good chunk of the sales if items are switching to DS/Genesis 3. That means, if Poser content is winding down, how about not creating a Poser new user forum if you have a bunch of new DS users buying items.. it's not needed. A new DS user forum makes more sense. DS users also get the point of them not really being wanted except for the money when a Poser thread with new features is put in the community forum and not the Poser forum where it belongs.

I see that Rendo is trying to diversify their market because poser content and V4 isn't paying the bills anymore, but you're not going to get the sales you need if your forum doesn't fall in line with your store and stop these type of hostile to ds-user, entitled threads by Poser users when their financial pull isn't matching. As it was said before, if you want more Poser content, you gotta open your wallet and put your money where your mouth is; until then let's be nice to all your new paying customers before they run to other sites. You want to keep the DS users that are here along with vendors taking up DS content, and vendors coming from RDNA to make genesis 3 content as well (cause I saw a few pop up last week). Rendo should be in the business of making money, not playing favorites, especially to the ones not pulling in the money right now.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2015 at 8:22 PM

tparo posted at 6:45PM Mon, 28 September 2015 - #4229607

"High quality content"?

I'd say that the promos of the content is better. I'd also say the texturing is better. The products themselves? Not so much.

The clothing sold at DAZ for the most part isn't as good as what DAZ sold 10 years ago. A decade ago, there was a much wider variety of clothing and it was better made. You could button jackets, for starters. You could also tuck in shirts. There were dresses that went below the knee.

DS users will be lining up to purchase the same products they bought for G2, G1, V4 (or in 1 vendor's case - all the way back to V3, Jessi, & Miki 1 - I know - I have them).

The meshes have some of the exact same issues that V2/M2 had over a decade ago. Take a hard look at the shoulders some time.

As far as "Vendors suffering"; I have been listening to their whining for over a decade. It is all about THEIR art, not their customers. They made their choices, they get to live with the consequences.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2015 at 10:46 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 4:41AM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4229754

Petra, just to remind you from a few years back, you did compare and complain at DAZ in the platinum club years ago when Genesis was released to the point of your posts being deleted and you dropped your membership. I remember you there and you using a different username here. Even though the products were shifting towards genesis, no one told you where the door was when you complained, said you were being betrayed as a Poser user and told vendors you would never buy their things, so I'm not understanding why you told tparo to leave when he voiced his opinion.

And he has does have a point about this site being hostile to DS users. I buy products here as well, but I scale them back because of the hostility I see and really that needs to change from a management standpoint if DS users are making up the a good chunk of the sales if items are switching to DS/Genesis 3. That means, if Poser content is winding down, how about not creating a Poser new user forum if you have a bunch of new DS users buying items.. it's not needed. A new DS user forum makes more sense. DS users also get the point of them not really being wanted except for the money when a Poser thread with new features is put in the community forum and not the Poser forum where it belongs.

I see that Rendo is trying to diversify their market because poser content and V4 isn't paying the bills anymore, but you're not going to get the sales you need if your forum doesn't fall in line with your store and stop these type of hostile to ds-user, entitled threads by Poser users when their financial pull isn't matching. As it was said before, if you want more Poser content, you gotta open your wallet and put your money where your mouth is; until then let's be nice to all your new paying customers before they run to other sites. You want to keep the DS users that are here along with vendors taking up DS content, and vendors coming from RDNA to make genesis 3 content as well (cause I saw a few pop up last week). Rendo should be in the business of making money, not playing favorites, especially to the ones not pulling in the money right now.

First of all, you must have me mistaken with someone else because NEVER have any forum posts or replies of mine been deleted, so please do not tell things that are not true. Yes, I was upset when DAZ shiftet toward Genesis, but I NEVER said I would never buy anyting anymore because I did and i do still buy. Last but not least, the only Membership I dropped was the PC Membership.

I do not know you at all, not from here nor from Daz.

I would suggest you go and get your facts straight before you bash people.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2015 at 11:43 PM ยท edited Mon, 28 September 2015 at 11:49 PM

Raindroptheelf posted at 12:42AM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4231360

First of all, you must have me mistaken with someone else because NEVER have any forum posts or replies of mine been deleted, so please do not tell things that are not true. Yes, I was upset when DAZ shiftet toward Genesis, but I NEVER said I would never buy anyting anymore because I did and i do still buy. Last but not least, the only Membership I dropped was the PC Membership.

If you say so, but I believe we both know I'm telling the truth. I remember your posts because you stood out in the complaints at the time. And also let's not deflect you from telling people if they want to complain to go elsewhere. But I will say how many people that I've saw have their complaints about genesis and DAZ at the time is using genesis now.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2015 at 11:51 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 5:45AM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4231372

Raindroptheelf posted at 12:42AM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4231360

If you say so, but I believe we both know I'm telling the truth. And also let's not deflect you from telling people if they want to complain to go elsewhere. You bashed first. Indeed I say so, and why would I lie? Not one post has EVER been deleted at Daz3d.com and YES I did complain back than, but I was not alone in that , you might want to recall that too? Maybe it is selective memory? Never mind, you believe what you want to believe. I was not at all rude but you are as you are telling things that are simply not true. If you want to carry on telling tales about me, please feel free to do so, but do not expect a reply. I am 52 and a bit to old for those kind of games.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 12:17 AM

I started in Poser and only moved to Daz Studio because of the hassles with Genesis in Poser, either way I am using Genesis 2 now but as for Genesis 3 I am not sure I have invested too much into V4, Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 to dump it all for Genesis 3.. Yeah Genesis 3 may look cool and all but with what I see as Daz giving the Bird to their previous generations of products the lack of backwards compatibility makes you wonder..

I see a lot of nice stuff on this site I would love to buy, but as soon as I see that it is for Genesis 3 I go ah well and go elsewhere, the only time I will buy a product that says for Genesis 3 is if also has Genesis 2 and Victoria 4 versions as well but I prefer items made specifically for V4, Genesis and Genesis 2 because at least they work in Poser since from what I understand Genesis 3 does not work in Poser..

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2015 at 7:21 AM

There's still stuff for V4, M4, A3, M3 and V3 over at Daz. Just as well, as I can't get any Genesis things to work in my Poser. Rendo have to make money, hence the adverts and Genesis items as well as Poser items. How many of us would willingly pay rent here to have our work displayed? We get display space for free. I still don't like the site changes though ...

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2015 at 7:18 PM

A comment to Frequency's post about rigging in DS and Poser. Rigging is simple in Poser AND DS. They both take only a minute to rig. In Poser you can use the Setup room or the Fitting room and copy the rigging over to your clothing. In the newer versions of DS all you have to do it 'fit to' and it's rigged. The trick is tweaking the rigging and that can take a lot of fiddling around to get it right.

I can tweak rigging in Poser if it's weight mapped but not in DS. I can only tweak boned rigging in DS3.1 but not in Poser. So much to learn, so little time.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 2:47 AM

Tempesta3d posted at 12:45AM Tue, 20 October 2015 - #4227284

Same as Renapd and Mihrelle. I LOVE Poser and I will continue to make products for it. I know many sellers feel the same. ๐Ÿ˜ป

And I will continue to keep you busy with highest incentive! Cash dolla on da barrelhead!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.