Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Bad ,Bad ,Mouse :(

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 11:27 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

windows8 .I had a Microsoft comfort mouse 4500.it started to stick I'd move the mouse and the arrow did not move. I like the mouse & I like using the side buttons for MMB with Houdini so I got another. it's a month or two old and now it's sticking. you would think a Microsoft mouse would work on a Microsoft OS .

any one know why new mouse's stick ? It sticks with any and all app's.

Drivers are up to date

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 11:33 PM

the answer is probably on a sticker somewhere on the mouse saying 'Made in ______". Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 11:41 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

PrecisionXXX posted at 12:37AM Sun, 11 October 2015 - #4233160

the answer is probably on a sticker somewhere on the mouse saying 'Made in ______". Doric

LMAO same people made my mouse made are fighter jets ,LOL .sleep well to night ;)

back in the day I gave a pretty penny for a Panasonic stereo ,it stayed broke. I only buy cheap shit now. had a cheap TV last 15 years LOL.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 11:52 PM

If you were a fighter pilot, would you really want to fly knowing everything in the plane was made by the low bidder?

Doric.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:27 AM

There is probably some kind of conflict in the computer port. Best thing to do is troubleshoot. Your best bet, since you have win8, is to use the troubleshooter to locate and fix the problem. Or get your computer fixed by your nearest computer tech or store like Best Buy or Staples. 😎

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

heddheld ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:07 AM

usb ?? try plugging it in a dif port .......don't always work (like if the mouse is foobared) but often it will just reset and all is fine

vitachick ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:42 AM

Silly question but does the product have any tech support? Or forum where maybe others had the same problem?

I have a Razer mouse that needed usb extention to reach my comp. Sometimes when I start the comp it doesnt work. I just unplug and replug

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 8:00 AM

Check if Cortana is active, it is set to on by default. I have read that it is responsible to mouse erratic behavior.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 9:22 AM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 9:22 AM

Here's a really dumb suggestion. I'm not being sarcastic either, I've had this happen to me. Try a different mouse pad. Sometimes the mouse laser seems to deform the pattern (if you are using a mouse pad with a pattern) or if you aren't using a mouse pad, try a different one. The other thing would be to check mouse drivers. Odds are you're running the manufacturer drivers and Windows 8 mouse drivers. Try rolling back (or reinstalling) each driver. Windows 8 could have had a driver update that's affecting it. It's possible that the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard drivers might be different for that specific model mouse (though unlikely). Also try different USB port. :) Oh I've had my mouse deform laminate on a desk (using no mouse pad).

Edited to add I so want to make a Danger Mouse or Might Mouse joke here...

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 9:52 AM

Hi there

I would suspect this can be the driver issue,can you try run or install driver in Compatibility mode or do you have driver for W8,I'm still on W7 and tried few weeks back W10 and I didn't like it at all,its better on newer HW,but all depends on drivers too,last time I've issue with nVidia drivers which are probably worst which I've tried to the date on Windows

Can you check Event Viewer if there are any problems or reported issues,usually you can see there if something going wrong/bad

And do you use mouse pad,if not then I would suggest you one,its worth it and cost less than 20USD for something like is Steelseries which I'm using

And regarding mouse I've good experience with Logitech G Proteus core series which I use in most of the 3D apps

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 12:37 PM

Guys, I had the same problem and searched the web for the solution which is exactly what I posted before. And believe me, I tried new drivers, pad and unplugging. I was short of tossing the wireless mouse across the room. Try turning off Cordana, it's a quicker fix if it works for you.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 12:58 PM

If I get in a fighter jet I'm taking my own parachute ;)

I can run Artist App's but I know very little about windows.

Well my stupid mouse decided it want to work today.but I'm sure my mouse will stick again.

The Trouble Shooting is complicated n I done best I could ,guess will see if it fixed it.

Don't think it's the USB .Wacom USB works fine for Wacom but not the mouse.

Microsoft tech support is a nightmare to use and should only be used if there's $1000's of $$$ involved. not worth it for a $10.00 mouse

you lost me with Cortana. I don't think I have Cortana.

the Event Viewer / Administrative Events / A pointer device reported a bad angular physical range. I don't really know what that means other then somethings wrong and have no idea how to fix it.

regular mouse pads aren't flush and a bit small. So I've used a seamstress cutting board pad for 15+ years. there a faded spot on it but it's worked threw countless mouses so I don't think it's the cutting board.

If the trouble shoot reinstalled drivers don't fix it.

I'll get a Logitech G Proteus core series.

if that don't fix it will take it to the mechanic.

if that don't fix it will let the fighter jets use it as fire practice.

the littlest things can aggravate you to no end.

Thanks for ever ones help :)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 1:02 PM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 1:03 PM

you lost me with Cortana. I don't think I have Cortana. If I do have Cortana.where would it be ?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 1:26 PM

In Window 8.1, open the search panel by swiping the right side of the screen. Type Cordana in the search window, that should bring cordana up. Under properties, you will be able to turn the feature off. Cordana is the equivalent to Siri on iPhones and iPads and will respond to voice commands but it will interfere with wireless mouse. Turning it off solved my problem. I am on Window 10 and the process to find Cortana is different.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 2:04 PM

If I search settings or files there's no Cordana.

I don't have Siri ,iPhones , iPads or anything like that.

Still I don't think I have Cortana.

there's speech recognition in control panel but I've never used it.

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 2:12 PM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 2:14 PM

I don't think there is Cortana on windows 8.1 desktops, only phones. My version of win8.1 certainly doesn't have it (thank the gods.) I'm also not sure that Rorr is using a wireless mouse.

I don't like wireless mice, myself. My mouse is suicidal, and is constantly leaping off the mouse pad (because the pad rests precariously on the arm of my chair). The wire is the only thing that stops it from ending up out of my reach. More importantly, the few extra grams of weight from the battery causes me to suffer biceps tendinitis. Earlier this year I was looking for a 3 button mouse that was not wireless, and the only one I could find was a Razor. I bought it -- and it turns out to be just as heavy as a wireless mouse. So it just sits there plugged in, looking cool, and casting off the green glowing Razor icon. Instead, I use a ten year old OEM mouse that came with some desktop or other. No third button, but the thing is light as a feather, has really taken a beating, and can run with just about any windows OS drivers.

I don't understand why the cheapest mice are usually the most reliable, but it certainly seems that way to me. I also don't get why 3 buttons aren't standard on these cheap mice. Oh well.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 6:51 PM

Hi there

As above Windows 8 or 8.1 doesn't have Cortana,this is only on W10 and switching to W10 depends on what HW you have,I went with W10 for few days and I'm back with W7 and I'm happy camper again,no problems with drivers

Wireless mouses are pain,I don't use it on my PC or laptop,previously I've owned Logitech wireless which has work,but still I moved to the wired mouse and tried in past few and which is best really depends on personal preference,I owning Logitech G502 Proteus core,I went with this mouse as I need to switch DPi on fly(my DPi settings for most of the 3D apps is around 4500-5200DPi.for many people is too fast,but for me its just perfect),have multiple buttons and I like if mouses are heavier(heavier mouse you will make with putting there weights),I hate light mouse,this is my personal preference on mouse front

Microsoft support,tell me about this...

This error A pointer device reported a bad angular physical range is widely reported on W8 and people seems struggling with some wireless pads,mouses etc,I just think this down to the W8,I saw that error too on W10,on W7 I didn't saw this,fix for that,I know few people tried older drivers for earlier Windows,can you try older W7 drivers ?

I would get good mouse pad,in some SW like in Logitech you can adjust yours mouse to the surface like mouse pad etc.due this I went with Logitech,yes I tried too Razer mouses and if they worth,hard to say ... You need to try,but in my case I don't like them

I still think W8 or W8.1 is source of those problems,I never have any issues with the mouse drivers on W7,on W10 I tried few drivers for old gaming mouse(Saitek) and they worked out of box and no problems,tried there few other bits and pieces and everything has worked,although with older HW there has been issues,but really depends,most of the apps works which I use and switching has been painless,I went back to W7 as I like W7,but I will be switching to W10 end of the year,when I will be building new PC

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 12:07 AM

so far I haven't minded the weight of a mouse but I've never owned a wirerless one. I like big mouses.small mouses makes my hand cramp.it would be fine buy me if mouses where twice there size.call'em Rats ;)

I never had 7 & I to get what ever OS there is when I have a new PC built.I might try 10 when Houdini 15 is released thou.

I wondered around the guts of my PC in trouble shoot there's a file about the mouse and a lot of recorded events .guess a windows guru would understand it all.

could automatic events defrag , clean up effect the mouse performance ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 12:58 AM

I'm not asking if poser can make videos. Poser can play videos in a scene right ? for example ya have a scene and on 3 different planes you have fire video's playing.

heddheld ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 5:22 AM

lol I have R.A.T. mice's (lol) the version 5 has adjustable weights and grips as well as programmable buttons ....only downside is its not cheap

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 5:57 AM

RorrKonn posted at 5:54AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233308

Poser can play videos in a scene right ? for example ya have a scene and on 3 different planes you have fire video's playing.

Yes. Use the movie node. If you're on a 64bit system, you may need to use an uncompressed version of the AVI because of codec issues.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

jura11 ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 1:52 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:31PM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233306

so far I haven't minded the weight of a mouse but I've never owned a wirerless one. I like big mouses.small mouses makes my hand cramp.it would be fine buy me if mouses where twice there size.call'em Rats ;)

I never had 7 & I to get what ever OS there is when I have a new PC built.I might try 10 when Houdini 15 is released thou.

I wondered around the guts of my PC in trouble shoot there's a file about the mouse and a lot of recorded events .guess a windows guru would understand it all.

could automatic events defrag , clean up effect the mouse performance ?

Hi there

I would go to the nearest shop,not sure where are you live,if you live in US then I would go to the Best buy or Microcenter or big computer shop where you can try few of them..Usually I do that with mouse and keyboards,I'm contemplating going with Connexion 3D Space Navigator and use that with my mouse and keyboard

7 is not bad OS,although is bit older,but everything there is working,what I want,I would suspect new Houdini will be supported by Windows 7 or 10,if you are gamer then 10 will be best as will and have DX12 and earlier are only DX11,its up to you and I'm sticking with W7 for now and maybe I would go with 10,but this depends on more factors and depends on what HW I will be getting,with X58 which I'm running everything is great and works OK on W10

This A pointer device reported a bad angular physical range is error I've seen mostly on W8 or W8.1 and really I've not seen that error on W7 to the date on my PC and I've used 10 mouses in past on my OS without the problem,on W10 not sure,there I've tried older mouses and everyone has worked out of the box on W10 without the problems or errors

I just think its the W8/W8.1 error there

Regarding the defrag and automatic events and clean up would help mouse performance,I don't think there,I would check on power saving option if yours USB doesn't have power saving option switched on,this can cause few problems on few motherboards(I think on Gigabyte motherbaords this has been issue few years back,when USB simply doesn't recognized attached USB HDD,this has happen to me several times)

Are you running SSD? Or do you using still normal HDD? Can you check SMART errors on yours HDD,please download HDD Tune and check health of yours HDD,maybe something there is which will give us some answers

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 4:29 PM

I'm a CGI Artist. I'm no PC mechanic ,not even close.

I have a GeForce GT 640

How do I found out if I have SSD or HDD ?

How do you turn power saving off of a mother board ?

jura11 ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 4:46 PM

RorrKonn posted at 10:40PM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233400

I'm a CGI Artist. I'm no PC mechanic ,not even close.

I have a GeForce GT 640

How do I found out if I have SSD or HDD ?

How do you turn power saving off of a mother board ?

Hi there

Please have look on this

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-tweaking-power-options-in-windows-8-1/

Its about the USB power saving,this should help you how to tweak the Windows to yours needs

And about the founding if you have SSD or HDD,its simple there,download above mentioned HDD tune,there is Pro version and free version,I would download Free version which will be perfect

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

Usually SSD are thin and normal HDD are chunkier form factor and you can check that if you will open PC or if you don't want to,have look under Device Manager(this you will find under System->Device Manger and check Disk Drives)

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 5:13 PM

Tanks for your help. I turned power saving off no matter what mother board I have and ran troubleshooter. my mouse has been working right for 2 days now hopefully we fixed it.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 7:25 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:23PM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233221

No you won't! You'll take the standard issue item, also made by the low bidder.

Doric

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 10:49 PM

PrecisionXXX posted at 11:48PM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233431

Doric

Good luck getting me in a fighter jet then ;)

fivecat ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 10:58 PM

If you get in a fighter jet, I think you'll be taking your own barf bag. The first rollover and you'll be emptying your lunch into a takeout bag.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 11:49 AM

fivecat posted at 12:47PM Tue, 13 October 2015 - #4233447

If you get in a fighter jet, I think you'll be taking your own barf bag. The first rollover and you'll be emptying your lunch into a takeout bag.

LMAO .RorrKonn will be falling out the jet looking like he's been on a all weekender .I need shades and a lot of aspirin ;)

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 5:28 PM

RorrKonn posted at 11:19PM Tue, 13 October 2015 - #4233409

Tanks for your help. I turned power saving off no matter what mother board I have and ran troubleshooter. my mouse has been working right for 2 days now hopefully we fixed it.

Hi there

Hopefully will work for time being,I would keep eye on the events(Event Viewer) in Administrative Tools and regarding the power saving option,if yours PC is for CGI or graphic SW then,there shouldn't be any kind of power saving,power saving is good for laptops not workstations or professional PC,my PC is running 24/7 usually,I rarely turning off the PC,unless I'm cleaning the inside the PC or adding extra HW etc,yes for monitors I would use power saving,but still usually newer LED IPS monitors doesn't take so much from power outlet

Troubleshooter on W8 or W8.1/W10 is big improvement over W7 as in W7 is pretty much useless and I don't use,I've few issues with friend laptop when his trackpad hasn't been recognized and troubleshooter in W10 helped us a lot,but still without the drivers Windows is Windows

Not sure,but in yours room where do you have PC,is kettle or fridge ? I know from personal experience(in my case fridge) this can cause interference

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 7:00 PM · edited Tue, 13 October 2015 at 7:00 PM

you know a kiln will only work if the humidity is right.

but I keep my PC's at a happy temperature.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 8:57 PM

RorrKonn posted at 8:54PM Tue, 13 October 2015 - #4233446

PrecisionXXX posted at 11:48PM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233431

Doric

Good luck getting me in a fighter jet then ;)

Or me. The planes I flew didn't have engines,which is a horse of a far different color. The jet may have been cheaper to get airborne, every flight I made cost me thirty five bucks just to get off the ground. But, takeoff is optional,landings are not and no go around if I blew it. Hello, cornfield.

Doric

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 11:40 AM

Take a look at some of the mice used for gaming set ups. You can get both USB and wireless depending upon your preferences. I have an Azza which was a close to the MS Optical mouse as I could come. It uses standard USB optical mouse drivers and has side buttons. It's a decent size but not too heavy. I can't use compact mice as I tend to death grip them while I'm working.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 21 October 2015 at 6:18 PM · edited Wed, 21 October 2015 at 6:19 PM

The mouse was doing fine then it started being bad again.

it seems the mouse does fine .but the more I play WCFT the worse the mouse gets.

I think it could have something to do with the old game Warcraft Frozen Thrown.

So how would you fix that ?

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2015 at 11:19 AM

RorrKonn posted at 12:17PM Thu, 22 October 2015 - #4234627

it seems the mouse does fine .but the more I play WCFT the worse the mouse gets.

Right click on the icon and make sure "run as adminstrator" is checked. You might try to run it in compatibility mode. I take it that the game is as up to date as it's going to get.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2015 at 6:34 PM

icprncss2 posted at 7:28PM Thu, 22 October 2015 - #4234712

Right click on the icon and make sure "run as adminstrator" is checked. You might try to run it in compatibility mode. I take it that the game is as up to date as it's going to get.

I said XP cause I don't know what OS it was originally made on .I know there wasn't no wide screens. made it better but not fixed .I'll keep trying different ones. Wish Blizzard would make a new up to date version. but it worked fine on 8 for a long time wonder why it started this. you would think we got past on this buy now.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2015 at 10:25 PM

RorrKonn posted at 11:14PM Thu, 22 October 2015 - #4234806

icprncss2 posted at 7:28PM Thu, 22 October 2015 - #4234712

I said XP cause I don't know what OS it was originally made on .I know there wasn't no wide screens. made it better but not fixed .I'll keep trying different ones. Wish Blizzard would make a new up to date version. but it worked fine on 8 for a long time wonder why it started this. you would think we got past on this buy now.

I run several games from the XP era on my Win 7 64bit. One or two required me to right click and run as administrator. Only one from the very early days of XP requires compatability mode. Funny thing is, I have a utilities app that was actually designed for Win 98. Several of them that I used extensively with Win 95 and 98 wouldn't run on XP but work just fine on Win 7. I did find with some older games that I need to go into the user settings and manually set things like screen resolution, shadows, refresh rate. Even if you have a good graphics card with plenty of memory, if doesn't help. I don't know if it's because the games are 32 bit or what.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 1:20 AM

It's just one of the billion oddity's of PC'en. They have a mind of there own ;)

I have a GeForce 620.

I done the administrator ,compatability mode ,reinstalled drivers and any thing I could think of even threaten to feed it to sharks.

The mouse started working right again. at least for now. hope it sticks.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.