Fri, Oct 4, 5:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser arrives tomorrow

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2015 at 8:17 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:28 PM
Forum Moderator

Tomorrow, November 17th, is the big day. Poser 11 and Poser 11 Pro finally arrive! I hope you're all as excited as I am. These new versions are packed with features and content to make Poser faster, easier, more fun, more productive, and more inspiring!

My past announcements have focused on individual features. This time I want to focus on the big picture.

It is not by accident that Poser cuts through the challenges for artists to work in 3D with ease. It happens with your help. In this version we've taken an unprecedented amount of feedback and requests from the people who use Poser daily. We've taken polls, connected with the community and worked with individuals to try and make all the new features as easy to learn and use as possible while introducing powerful new capabilities.

Our new renderer is the clearest example. SuperFly is Poser’s implementation of the production tested Cycles render engine. We went through several attempts to come up with the best way to integrate Cycles that allowed for an easy transition from FireFly while enabling advanced users access to the full power of the engine. After a lot of feedback and some rough early attempts we have something that I think you will find hard to stop experimenting with. This successful level of integration is thanks to your help -- the Poser community and testers.

This focus on you, the artists who use Poser, doesn’t stop tomorrow. We're currently working on streamlining our entire process so we can be more responsive to your needs. We'll continue to take suggestions going forward to make Poser 11 better and better.

So where's Paul? Our beta testers and Ambassadors said he wasn't ready. He missed the boat for launch day. We didn't want to hold the whole show just because he wasn't ready. He's still part of Poser 11, he will just be delayed a few weeks. We wanted to get him right before his public debut. Paul will be delivered in a free content update as soon as he's ready.

Speaking of Paul and Poser content. Paul and Pauline's geometry and texture files are officially vendor resources. The license file that is included with Poser at launch doesn't reflect that change yet. It will be amended. You have permission to use the OBJ and Textures for the new Poser 11 figures, Pauline and as soon as he's released Paul to create Poser content for Paul and Pauline. When you examine the new features you'll find a lot of new content developer tools. Making our new figures available as vendor resources seemed a logical addition to the new tools we’ve added.

It's all about you, the artists. The future of Poser is yours to create as much as the art you create with it. I can't wait to see what you create in Poser 11.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2015 at 8:20 PM

For those who can't wait, the link just went hot over at Content Paradise. My copy is downloading!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2015 at 9:43 PM

Okay, but where's the upgrade version, or is this the standard sale price for all?

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2015 at 10:12 PM

Login, and click on the price (NOT the drop down arrow!) You'll see the upgrade options.

722 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 12:25 AM

Will people who purchased boxed Poser Pro11 be able to get paul at all ? Can we get an UD on disk?

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 12:54 AM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 12:56 AM

I believe Paul will be a free future upgrade for Poser 11 purchasers, I would expect likely to be download only. But you never know, you would at least need to pay shipping again for a UD disk.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:01 AM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:07 AM

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-upgrades.html

upgrade is $175.00 from pro 14 to pro 11

is the game dev part in pro 11 ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 4:24 AM

Yes.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 6:02 AM

Whee! And my physical copy is in the order queue!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 7:33 AM

Got my copy very fast, this morning I got downloadspeeds up to 3.500 kbit/s. Installation lasted longer than download.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

722 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 8:03 AM

Razor42 posted at 7:54AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239016

I believe Paul will be a free future upgrade for Poser 11 purchasers, I would expect likely to be download only. But you never know, you would at least need to pay shipping again for a UD disk.

I would be fine with paying for shipping even a burn disk fee if I could get the updates that way

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 8:54 AM

I see an Alembic exporter for the pro version but no mention of any fixes/updates to the animation tools😡

I find the list of workflow & interface enhancements quite impressive Looks Like SM really did some research in those areas. I see a few features that we have in C4D ( ex.the measurements tool)

Good to see Game dev "folded in" to the pro version.

but Alas I will skip this version as it offer no new tools for my particular workflows but as long as V4 still works in this version I would imagine that the new poser pro 11 will be a big seller for SM ,amongst existing poser users.

My website

YouTube Channel

Frequency3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:18 AM
Online Now!

Downloading!

Frequency Gallery  |  Frequency Store

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 10:11 AM

How does DSON do with pro 11 ?

arthena ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 10:35 AM

"You have permission to use the OBJ and Textures for the new Poser 11 figures"

What about figures for other programs?

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 11:34 AM

One more time serial dont work !

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 11:45 AM

Downloading.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 1:11 PM
Forum Moderator

722 posted at 11:10AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239013

Will people who purchased boxed Poser Pro11 be able to get paul at all ? Can we get an UD on disk?

He will be available as a download updater. He's not on the DVD.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 1:13 PM
Forum Moderator

RorrKonn posted at 11:12AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239067

There's no change for our support of plugins. Well except for enhancing the support to include new features in Poser. DSON plugin will continue to work just like it did in previous versions.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 1:16 PM
Forum Moderator

wolf359 posted at 11:14AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239052

I see an Alembic exporter for the pro version but no mention of any fixes/updates to the animation tools😡

I find the list of workflow & interface enhancements quite impressive Looks Like SM really did some research in those areas. I see a few features that we have in C4D ( ex.the measurements tool)

but Alas I will skip this version as it offer no new tools for my particular workflows but as long as V4 still works in this version I would imagine that the new poser pro 11 will be a big seller for SM ,amongst existing poser users.

Yes, only minor UI changes for animation tools, and that made me sad. You all know I love animating in Poser and I really wanted more there. Do think we've abandoned you though. Watch this space for more.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 1:17 PM
Forum Moderator

arthena posted at 11:17AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239076

"You have permission to use the OBJ and Textures for the new Poser 11 figures"

What about figures for other programs?

I can't give permission beyond Paul and Pauline at this time.

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 1:52 PM

Got a problem - libraries are not showing - can anybody help with this ?

darknewt ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 2:00 PM

I am disappointed. I tried to open pz3 files that were created in pro 2014 with dyson g2m figures and they did not open correctly. The figures opened in default and not in the posed position from the previous save. So does this mean all of my old projects will need to be redone? Is this a Daz Dyson problem or is this a Poser 11 pro problem?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 2:52 PM

RorrKonn posted at 9:52PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239067

Works well for me, better thän in 2014 Game Dev

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 2:53 PM

Shadowdancer posted at 9:52PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239107

Same for me, I have contact to SM Support but until now no solution but with P3dO Explorer there is a work around.

Ulli

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:04 PM

nerd posted at 3:02PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239098

wolf359 posted at 11:14AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239052

Yes, only minor UI changes for animation tools, and that made me sad. You all know I love animating in Poser and I really wanted more there. Do think we've abandoned you though. Watch this space for more.

Well i have moved on to iclone pro but i was hopeful for those who dont have other options .

My website

YouTube Channel

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:34 PM

Time for a new profile pic with the badge. :D Still downloading, though. SM's responsiveness to customer requests was so good this time around that my loyalty is pretty much assured. The new features look impressive. Maybe even I will give content creation a go. In any case, I'll have to give Pauline a whirl and get her visible.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:56 PM

Since Pro 11 has Blenders Render Engine.Is there some thing like a Blender Fusion ? Does Super Fly use the old shaders or did we get new Super Fly shaders ?

Virtual_World ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:56 PM

1- I am trying to download Poser Fusion for Poser 11 (Maya and 3ds max) and after I enter the new Serial number, the download list only shows the previous versions that I already have installed.

2- The documentation received doesn't specify if the new Poser Fusion was created for Maya/3ds max 2015 or 2016.

Help!

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 4:48 PM

Resolved the issue of no libraries appearing by setting internet explorer as the default program for all protocols it can open.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 5:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Shadowdancer posted at 3:19PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239107

Poser needs at least Internet Explorer 9 installed. You don't have to use it for web surfing but it Poser needs it to host the library.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 5:24 PM
Forum Moderator

Virtual_World posted at 3:21PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239145

1- I am trying to download Poser Fusion for Poser 11 (Maya and 3ds max) and after I enter the new Serial number, the download list only shows the previous versions that I already have installed.

2- The documentation received doesn't specify if the new Poser Fusion was created for Maya/3ds max 2015 or 2016.

Help!

Poser fusion updates to Poser 11 are coming soon. They need more extensive testing.

Virtual_World ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 6:06 PM

nerd posted at 8:05PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239172

Poser fusion updates to Poser 11 are coming soon. They need more extensive testing.

Thank you!

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 6:32 PM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 6:39 PM

Well, I have to say, after an hour of playing around, I'm already sockless. Nerd, it's November and my feet are cold! If you knew you were planning on blowing people's footwear off, couldn't you have arranged for some warmer weather? 😁

Seriously, though. UI feels much more responsive -- except for a brief pause after a render. Dials are more sensitive. Camera movement seems smoother. The ability to scale the UI is incredible; you've really made it accessible for us oldsters (and also those of us who use it late at night until we are dropping off to sleep). No more computer glasses just to read the hierarchy menu. ! I miss the external library and being able to minimize it, rather than dock it. But, even though the default UI is pretty much the same as it was for PP2014, there seems to be more room, so I don't feel as though I lost much real estate by docking the library -- even with my scaled up UI. Could just be a perceptual thing, of course. But I'm not complaining.

Pauline: I just got started playing with her, so I'm still looking at her head. The facial movements are really... phenomenal. I'm like so... wow! It may take a while to get the knack of creating really great expressions, but the flexibility seems vastly greater. I'm also pleased that a fair bit of attention was paid to both her upper and lower eyelids, both in mesh and movements. Lots of potential there. I also get the impression that the Faceroom got some upgrading, but since it hasn't been working for me in PP2014 for over a year, I can't really remember what the older one was actually like. Maybe it's just that Pauline's face takes the morphs with more grace. In any case, I found the FR much more useful than I ever have in the past.

So far: Great! and I've barely scratched the surface.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:03 PM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:04 PM

I was wondering if Pauline and Paul are only included in Poser Pro 11 and not the standard version. From the list of content included it seemed like there was nothing new in Poser 11, but it said Poser Pro Female and Poser Pro Male (are they Pauline and Paul) If this is the case I would be very disappointed having used Poser since version 4 and the new people were always included regardless of which version one got. Can anyone verify this?

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:07 PM

Tomsde posted at 9:06PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239235

I was wondering if Pauline and Paul are only included in Poser Pro 11 and not the standard version. From the list of content included it seemed like there was nothing new in Poser 11, but it said Poser Pro Female and Poser Pro Male (are they Pauline and Paul) If this is the case I would be very disappointed having used Poser since version 4 and the new people were always included regardless of which version one got. Can anyone verify this?

i am holding off until this is answered ... although unfortunately, the stock figures seem to get overlooked all the time.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:08 PM

Does Poser 11 STD qualify for the early adpter badge? :) I havent early adopted since P5 .... what a mess that was

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:29 PM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 9:30 PM

Tomsde posted at 4:28AM Wed, 18 November 2015 - #4239235

Yes, Paul and Pauline are included in P11

See Compare

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 11:26 PM · edited Tue, 17 November 2015 at 11:27 PM

How about you all post some 11 renders :)

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 8:39 AM

@winvdb thanks for your reply; I wonder why they don't list Pauline and Paul in the included content (perhaps becasue Paul isn't ready?)--so I'm guessing that the "blank" figures for developers are the Poser Pro 11 Female and Male. I haven't really liked the native Poser People since Don and Judy and Jessie and James; since everyone is gaga about Pauline I'm hoping that vendors will create content not only for her but for Paul as well. We've not had a nice selection of add-on content for native Poser People since the G2 people. I am looking for more Poser specific content from vendors other than Daz, I've ot tried working with Genesis in Poser but I have read that Genesis 3 isn't Poser compatible and I am tired to paying higher prices for Pro bundles for new Daz characters (with content I don't want or need) to get the genitals. The Micheal 7 Pro Pack on sale right now cost $100; I could upgrade my Poser 10 for that price.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 10:19 AM

But Michael 7 is based on Genesis 3, it would still be a no good for Poser anyway.

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 11:26 AM

Even though I have Dyson Importer I have read reports that working with Genesis in Poser is problematic and requires a lot of tweaking; so I've not even tried to work with them in Poser. If I'm going to use Genesis I use Daz Studio, but my heart belongs to Poser and DS runs very slow on my computer and Poser is much more responsive. So I'm hunting for Poser specific content. I bought ef-Steve for that reason, but it doesn't appear there is a lot of content or support for him to date. If I could afford to guy Poser Pro 11 I could learn to use the Fitting Room to adapt other character's clothing to him. He's Poser only, Poser specific character.

Frequency3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 4:44 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2015 at 4:45 PM
Online Now!

@moriador:

A tip: I just attended the Poser new features webinar. They explained how to get your library to behave similarly to the external one. Undock it, disable drag-docking - and then there is an icon on the top right that looks like a stack of books (next to the log icon) that lets you hide and unhide the library. :)

Frequency Gallery  |  Frequency Store

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2015 at 1:51 PM

Frequency posted at 11:49AM Fri, 20 November 2015 - #4239375

@moriador:

A tip: I just attended the Poser new features webinar. They explained how to get your library to behave similarly to the external one. Undock it, disable drag-docking - and then there is an icon on the top right that looks like a stack of books (next to the log icon) that lets you hide and unhide the library. :)

Ah, I knew I had read the solution somewhere -- and it was in your comment here. I should have said "Thank you!" a couple of days ago. :)

Semicharm ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 1:11 PM · edited Sat, 03 September 2016 at 1:15 PM

Tomsde posted at 12:40PM Sat, 03 September 2016 - #4239235

I'm new to Poser Pro myself and just found out about these mysterious "pro" figures. Before you get excited, they appear to be fairly old, UV mapped to a single texture and modest resolution. They have very few body morphs and the only items included for them are just skull caps for creating dynamic hair--no clothes, poses or anything useful. If I had to make a wild guess, they were higher res alternatives to the Poser 4 figures from an early version of Pro. Considering that they were exclusive to Poser Pro, it seems no one bothered to support them.

PoserPro.jpg

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 3:04 PM
Forum Coordinator

They were not meant to be used as they are. They came as basis rig plus mesh figure that could be to be modelled furher in ZBrush. They were the first 'merchant resource' to come with Poser.

Semicharm ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 12:08 AM

FVerbaas posted at 12:08AM Sun, 04 September 2016 - #4282076

They were not meant to be used as they are. They came as basis rig plus mesh figure that could be to be modelled furher in ZBrush. They were the first 'merchant resource' to come with Poser.

Has anyone actually used them?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 11:54 PM

Semicharm posted at 12:53AM Mon, 05 September 2016 - #4282121

FVerbaas posted at 12:08AM Sun, 04 September 2016 - #4282076

Has anyone actually used them?

Not around hear that I know of maybe a studio has thou.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:11 AM · edited Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:22 AM

The Poser-Pro figures.

They are old and were initially Poser-Pro test figures only. They come in LOW and Medium object file sizes.

Somehow, somewhere, they stopped developing them because there just were too many object file errors and they started over. So? Basically, there you have it. => There are simply too many errors in the object files, and they gave them away for free as "free and MR test figures". They are Merchant Resource, so you can do with them whatever you want.

When I started using them, and discovered all the object file errors, I concentrated on the LOW Polygon versions.( around 8.300 poly)

I fixed the errors, cut them up and replaced some parts, then adapted the rigging, and here they are.

.pp3.jpg

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:12 AM

Here you see them in various stages of obj and texture work. pp2.jpg

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:13 AM

And I also created many morphs. => The middle one has an Lucy-Liu eye morph. LOL. pp1.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.