Tue, Oct 22, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Legacy Files for DAZ Content

Xatren ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 2:51 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 12:49 PM

What are the Legacy versions of files for DIM? Are they important? Do I need them?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 3:28 PM
Site Admin

AFAIK, they are the original versions of items that have since been updated. They're for people running earlier versions of Poser I think.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

LPR001 ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 4:13 PM

In your DIM if you hover over a legacy item it gives you details they appear to be early Poser and very early Daz (around vrs3). I don't install them and at end of each download I select all the leftover Legacy products right click > Hide all selected to keep my DIM tidy. I haven't ever been affected by not installing them as yet and the last thing I need is 3 thumbnails of each product it is a dog's breakfast as it is :-)

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

Xatren ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 8:19 PM

I see. Thanks for the info, guys.

bhoins ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 12:41 PM

Entries in Install Manager that are tagged Legacy, are (Primarily) for DS 4 to < DS 4.5 that have updated versions for DS 4.5+ available. In your Install Manager preferences it is generally best to uncheck legacy, as they will overwrite parts of each other. (Depending on which was installed first.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.