Thu, Oct 3, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 6:16 pm)

Subject: My clothing troubles

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 7:18 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

I'm just going to state the problem instead of asking a specific question, and hopefully someone can tell me what to do about it. I've been trying to convert this same shirt for weeks now, from M4 to V4 male. Actually it doesn't have to be this specific shirt, just a basic men's dress shirt with no tie and the collar can be opened up, but I've been working on the one from the M401 set. First I tried using Clothes Converter, because it automatically converts between M4 and V4, but it can't actually convert to a morphed version of a character, even though it allegedly can. So I went ahead with the V4 conversion, thinking I could use Morphing Clothes to add the male morph, but it didn't do a good enough job. Once the clothing is made into female shape it's hard to take that shape out again, and since I'm converting from a male character to another male character, it would be nice to skip that step. Next I tried the fitting room, but I don't know how to use that at all, the clothing comes out misshapen, and I can't figure out how to make it keep the basic shape it went in with. (I have made it fit pretty well in the unconformed state, and I really just need to make it conform without changing it too much.) Next I tried converting it in the setup room, but that also makes it balloon out when conformed, and the joints mess up when it is posed, and although I know I need to learn how to fix joints, for now it is still a mystery to me, and all I want to do is put a shirt on this guy, and since I paid for the upgrade to Poser Pro I'd like to be able to use the fitting room. Also, the copy morphs function doesn't copy the exact morph. Since the morphs in the clothing are removed during conversion (even though Clothes Converter is supposed to be able to retain them) I thought I could convert the shirt and then copy the morphs from the original shirt, but, for example, the morph to open the collar just pulls the shirt apart in a random place, so I already had to start over because of that, and use whatever morphs I'm going to want to use on it before converting it. I'm tempted to buy the Wardrobe Wizard add-ons, but that's another thing to buy, and as I said, I already paid for the upgrade, and I don't know if that would work any better anyway.

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 8:43 PM

Hi there

Did you tried Crossdresser,I've used this program in past with great degree of success,but still you will need to make few repairs in ZBrush or any other modeler,but this depends mostly on mesh,I know I converted few A3 clothes to V4 with minor problems or I converted few M4 clothes for V4(I think this has been uniform) which went pretty well too

Here is link on this program

http://www.evilinnocence.com/crossdresser

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 9:09 PM

Thanks. I have Crossdresser but I don't have the license for either V4 or V4 male, and since there is a separate license for the male morph I guess that's the one I would have to buy in this case. Can Crossdresser keep the morphs from the original clothing, like the collar morphs I mentioned, and if so, do you know how? In my experiments with it, I didn't even see an option for that. Wardrobe Wizard keeps the morphs, but I would have to buy two licenses for that, but on the plus side, it has a single license for V4 and V4 male, and I would then be able to convert all my V4 stuff to the native Poser figures. Actually since I wrote that last message I noticed that Ryan and Simon have some dress shirts that I like better than the M4 one so I'm currently leaning more toward Wardrobe Wizard. In your experience, does Crossdresser do a better job, as far as not doing anything weird to the clothes?

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 10:23 PM

AsteroidLady posted at 4:15AM Fri, 04 December 2015 - #4242359

Thanks. I have Crossdresser but I don't have the license for either V4 or V4 male, and since there is a separate license for the male morph I guess that's the one I would have to buy in this case. Can Crossdresser keep the morphs from the original clothing, like the collar morphs I mentioned, and if so, do you know how? In my experiments with it, I didn't even see an option for that. Wardrobe Wizard keeps the morphs, but I would have to buy two licenses for that, but on the plus side, it has a single license for V4 and V4 male, and I would then be able to convert all my V4 stuff to the native Poser figures. Actually since I wrote that last message I noticed that Ryan and Simon have some dress shirts that I like better than the M4 one so I'm currently leaning more toward Wardrobe Wizard. In your experience, does Crossdresser do a better job, as far as not doing anything weird to the clothes?

Hi there

What I know,yes Crossdresser can keep the morphs,here is test render,its V4 with FASHIONWAVE Blackout for M4 H4 shirt and same M4 with FASHIONWAVE Blackout for M4 H4 shirt and shorts

Render 1.jpg

What I know there is option for transfer morphs and you can keep the morphs and if there is morphs for collar then should be possible and regarding Wardrobe Wizard,I've used this probably only twice with some good results too,but really depends

What version of Crossdresser do you have there ?

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 10:48 PM

I have Crossdresser 4, but only the free licences. I'm going to open it up now and see if I can figure out how to keep the morphs.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 11:07 PM

Yes, it works! I put it on the Poser 4 boy. The collar opens perfectly, and nothing particularly weird happens when I pose him. It's tempting, but I still think it would be more sensible to go with Wardrobe Wizard because of what I pointed out about being able to use my V4 stuff on the Poser people (so I would get more use out of it.) Still wish I could figure out the fitting room, though.

jura11 ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 12:12 AM

AsteroidLady posted at 6:03AM Fri, 04 December 2015 - #4242388

Yes, it works! I put it on the Poser 4 boy. The collar opens perfectly, and nothing particularly weird happens when I pose him. It's tempting, but I still think it would be more sensible to go with Wardrobe Wizard because of what I pointed out about being able to use my V4 stuff on the Poser people (so I would get more use out of it.) Still wish I could figure out the fitting room, though.

Hi there

Really depends,I use most of the time Crossdresser as is easy to use,then I will send this to ZBrush or 3DS MAX where I do quick fixes,nothing major,most of them can be done via morph brush Now Crossdresser have great offer,all licences for $30 is worth the shot there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 12:33 AM

It still appears in my cart as $99, do I have to have a membership or something to get it for $30?

jura11 ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 12:38 AM

AsteroidLady posted at 6:38AM Fri, 04 December 2015 - #4242401

It still appears in my cart as $99, do I have to have a membership or something to get it for $30?

Yes seems like there is bug some sort of,can you try contact them if they can help you with this

Thanks,Jura

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 12:44 AM

Thanks.

Threshroge ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 1:33 PM

Are you guys talking about a way to get M4 clothes to fit on V4 by any chance?

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 1:47 PM

Yes, I wanted to fit some clothes on a V4 male character, and it would also be nice to just have some more gender-neutral clothing for V4. Seems like it should be easy. It's easier to fit things to her female form than her male form. Why do you ask?

Threshroge ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 2:49 PM

I want to do transgender comics where m4 wakes up as v4 and to be realistic she needs to be in the same model of clothing

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 8:21 PM · edited Thu, 24 March 2016 at 8:21 PM

Couple of things about WW. It only comes with support for the figures that are included in Poser. Support files for M4 and V4 are sold separately by PhilC on his site. You must have both to convert from one figure to another. The likely reason you couldn't create the morphed version is you don't have one or both of the required support files installed.

You get WW with Poser. The Crossdresser app if free. The main difference between them is that WW requires support files for both figures. Xdresser requires only the license for the figure you are converting to. So it's mainly a matter of price and which app you prefer. Both will convert clothing. The quality of the conversion can vary with any number of factors.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 11:25 PM

Clothes Converter does a pretty good job, and comes with support for those two built-in. I could never figure out how to keep the morphs in the clothing, but it's supposed to be able to, so maybe it's just my computer.

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 11:31 PM

But if you use any of the converters it won't look like it's the exact same outfit. It will be resized and reshaped for the figure. If you want it to look like a woman woke up in a man's clothes, you will have to use dynamic clothes.

Threshroge ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 5:20 AM

wondeerul idea. how do you suggest i (or it) will deal with the complications of the starting pose being differenlty shaped than the e normal starting poses it assumes for, which is what we are changing. oh i will just try it and see when i get home from work.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 6:41 AM · edited Mon, 27 February 2023 at 4:04 PM

You might want to try this ... ?

image.jpg

M4 dynamic Shirt

You would have to position it carefully on V4, but I think it could work with some effort, and look more realistic as a bonus. As for your concerns. I've used dynamic clothes made for "other" characters for a long time, as long as you do a 15 frame drape at "T" pose before you start your animation pose AND make sure all upper "fabric" is above the model's arms to avoid "drop through", you should be fine. Again, there would most likely be some tweaking, but it should work.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Threshroge ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 6:49 AM

Any idea why you can't apply morph brush moves on a cloth room simulation item? How else to tweak?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.