Sat, Aug 3, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: SDK question: creating a hair group...

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 5:11 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 9:37 PM

Hello folks, I have a Poser SDK related question. I use the CreateHairGroup function to generate a new hairgroup but I couldn't find any documentation about a command that allows me to assign a polygon set from a specific material (what you usually do in the Hair room manually) to the hair group, so that the polygons I need are selected and then I can run the grow guides command. Anybody that can help with it? Thanks.

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 6:33 PM
Site Admin

to grow hair, create hair group, as you said you did, then you need to edit the group ("edit growth group") The group editor palate opens up (and everything turns gray don't panic it's temporary) and this is where you select polygons to grow the hair from. You can add from individual polys or groups or from a material. once you are done, close the group editor window. Now you can grow hairs and style them. If you need to change which polygons are part of the group later you'll need to regrow the hair and this may (expect it) undo any styling.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 6:33 PM

Not sure I understand. Once you select a hair group and it's separate from the other hair groups ... you can assign colors at anytime in the material room. I have a feeling I'm not getting what you are asking.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 6:42 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yes I need to perform the operations you mentioned using the python sdk commands, not the poser interface...

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2015 at 6:58 PM

Ah ... ok, that's a little over my head ... come one guys ... we need some help here!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Morkonan ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 1:02 PM · edited Thu, 17 December 2015 at 1:03 PM

There's a Python sub-forum. Why not try there?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2897347

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.