Wed, Oct 9, 5:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 4:36 am)

Subject: LIBRARY IS TOTALLY BROKEN IN POSER !!

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 9:22 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 5:23 AM

There are threads that ask about library slow. broken, crashing, freezing - but no answers - does Smith Micro ever look at their customer experience as registered in these forums? I have to revert to game developer as I cannot work with 11 with Library broken. Am I missing something?

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 9:37 PM

Hi Pruiz, So sorry you are having issues with the Poser 11 Library.

I know how frustrating that must be. If you have a certain issue in specific, you can put it a ticket for it at Smith Micro's support. Hopefully they will be able to have a solution for you and if not maybe it can be added to the next update.

Here is the link to create a support account at Smith Micro:

https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2000491-how-to-create-a-support-account

I hope you find a solution to your problem quickly!

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 10:15 PM

The site support site is equally broken. They only register the ticket and wait 10 days and close it out. Now they are upgrading the site and I cannot get in.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 11:08 PM

Please be assured that SM is fully aware of this issue, and is working diligently on it. I will get you more info in the morning as I am not at my primary system at the moment.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 11:12 PM

The title should have read Poser 11 not Poser !!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 11:20 PM

Wow, didn't notice that ... I will post three or four work around in the morning for you.

Boni

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 16 December 2015 at 11:27 PM

I only use Poser now for Dynamic hair and cloth - DS for all else - so this dislocation is really painful. I can't progress projects at all.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 6:21 AM
Site Admin

I don't know what problems you're having are but at least since the sr1 I found, if my library loads blank, there's a little refresh button in the lower right corner and I can hit that and it loads. I don't know if it worked before the sr1, never tried it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 6:24 AM

Try this: shut down Poser, open C:UsersAppDataRoamingPoser Pro11Poser.ini and set LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT from 0 to 1. Then relaunch Poser, copy the link that displays instead of the library and paste it into Internet Explorer (not Firefox or Chrome). Does it work now, in the external browser?

Boni

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 10:08 AM

RedPhantom posted at 12:06AM Fri, 18 December 2015 - #4244665

I don't know what problems you're having are but at least since the sr1 I found, if my library loads blank, there's a little refresh button in the lower right corner and I can hit that and it loads. I don't know if it worked before the sr1, never tried it.

You may need to re-authorise access to your folders by changing the security settings of Poser. I think in Windows 10, this would be to launch Poser with Administrator privileges. It's a User Account Control issue with the Operating System. Well, that's based on my recent experience, anyway.

Eternal Hobbyist

Morkonan ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 12:19 PM

I don't have Poser 11. However, many issues can be solved in previous versions by deleting Poser's preference files, which forces Poser to reconstruct them and to employ other default settings on its next startup. https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982174-solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences

Though, it's likely a permissions issue if you see that your Library disappears frequently/always. Win10, especially, has issues with executables that must read/write to external directories in order to function properly. Check to see that Poser has the appropriate permissions. That may require looking for instructions on Microsoft or tech sites. Also note that, in similar cases to one like this, you may have to authorize your username to "own" the directories a program is using and "Run As Admin" rights may not always work properly. But, is should be the case that deleting the prefs files, if there are any, and then making sure that just the executable has the privileges necessary (by right-clicking on the actual executable file and choosing to allow it to always run with Admin priveleges, at least that's the way in other Win versions) should clear most problems.

I don't think Win11 still uses any Flash-derived directory helpers. But, if it does, then expect patches whenever any major Flash updates are forthcoming. (I think they got away from this issue, though.)

pruiz ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2015 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for the help from many. Answer for me was to just set up external chrome based library. I'm somewhat bemused by SM who can put out a product that isn't plug n play and just shrug it off.

damocles2002 ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2015 at 6:28 PM

Yes, I bought both 11 and 11 Pro near the advent of both...the library system is broken and I reported it within hours...I received no assistance beyond more and more requests for system information from me to them... It is completely broken, especially the Search function...I installed different video drivers and came close to a format and recovery in Win 10... I have returned to Pro 2014...awaiting SM to address the issue responsibly...or just close the doors... Whoever programmed the Library functions needs to go back to school...and SM needs to fix it...FAST..!!! Enough with the solicitous responses...

pruiz ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2015 at 8:04 PM

I tried external libraries and reverting to adobe air on 2014 but thought that the SR1 would fix the library - still totally locked up. Is no one using Poser 11 - I cannot imagine that anyone could put up with a non functioning vital feature dare I say utility. I will go on a search again for an external library approach - but what gives here?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2015 at 1:44 AM

There are two possible solutions that both worked for me:

Open IE, go to Internet Options, Advanced and reset the IE settings, this braught my library to work. The other solution is, you go to :

Your installation Path/Poser 11/Runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/ and open the LSMGUI.html with the IE, you should have now the library in the IE window and you can switch between Poser and the library with Alt + Tab.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2015 at 6:46 AM

pruiz posted at 6:35AM Tue, 29 December 2015 - #4246109

I tried external libraries and reverting to adobe air on 2014 but thought that the SR1 would fix the library - still totally locked up. Is no one using Poser 11 - I cannot imagine that anyone could put up with a non functioning vital feature dare I say utility. I will go on a search again for an external library approach - but what gives here?

You need to provide a little info if you want help. What operating system? Is it a Mac? There were problems with Mac's at the beginning. Apple was informed and a fix issued by Apple. I don't know Mac machines. I have Poser 11 Pro running on both Win7Ultimate and Win10Home. The library seems to work fine on both. The Win10 system needed SR1 to work correctly. There were random gaps in the thumbnails even though clicking them would apply the correct pose, texture, or whatever. SR1 fixed that. Win7 never had an issue. I don't have Win8.1 on anything other than an old laptop so I've never checked.

Da_Ding ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2016 at 6:44 AM

RedPhantom posted at 1:41PM Wed, 09 March 2016 - #4244665

Ok, I know this is kinda old, but thank you for the tip. Just had the issue with the library not loading and this worked just fine (for me) 😄

kittykat98 ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2016 at 4:41 PM

Boni posted at 4:37PM Thu, 10 March 2016 - #4244633

Please be assured that SM is fully aware of this issue, and is working diligently on it.

Sppp-l-p-pl-ple! (Wet and messy raspberry). I've been reading about this for months and it looks like they aren't doing a thing. I use Chrome to view the library and it works just fine. I can have several tabs open at once giving me much more speed and functionality than Poser's library ever had...and it doesn't crash.

EAQS ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2016 at 3:37 PM

Jules53757 posted at 2:35PM Mon, 28 March 2016 - #4246132

There are two possible solutions that both worked for me:

Open IE, go to Internet Options, Advanced and reset the IE settings, this braught my library to work. The other solution is, you go to :

Your installation Path/Poser 11/Runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/ and open the LSMGUI.html with the IE, you should have now the library in the IE window and you can switch between Poser and the library with Alt + Tab.

I tried this and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it loaded the old flash style library inside the internet explorer, no indexing or anything happening, now the question is, how can I make poser 11 pro load THAT library style inside poser instead of the new one? can it be done or do I need to wait for a new SR?

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2016 at 4:29 PM

SR3 has some fixes for the library.

EAQS ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2016 at 4:41 PM

I just saw an update in the download manager, will try it out ;-)

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2016 at 11:00 PM

Would using Chrome as an library manager work with Poser Pro 2014 as well? I'm always looking for speed!

kittykat98 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 4:33 PM

quietrob posted at 4:32PM Tue, 29 March 2016 - #4263110

Would using Chrome as an library manager work with Poser Pro 2014 as well? I'm always looking for speed!

That's what I do and it works well. PP11 still crashes and locks up frequently but at least the 'library' (in Chrome) stays up.

darkforceprime ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 5:00 PM

This is what pops up on mine: can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://127.0.0.1:11530 is correct. •Look for the page with your search engine. •Refresh the page in a few minutes.

HughsWattwerx ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2016 at 4:38 PM

Honestly, they will not close the doors so long as there's a buck to be made from unwary customers. I was a software engineer, project manager, and product manager for 30 years, so I know all to well where the problem lies: Greedy, unresponsive, indifferent companies, like SM, who develop nothing themselves, buy products from others (usually replacing all of the key developers -- too expensive), then go on to reap profits with as little effort as possible. I have watched SM for many releases -- adding little bells and whistles, while steadfastly refusing to address any of the real system problems. Why? Because you can CHARGE for new releases, but not for bug fixes. Clearly, they have nothing remotely qualified to be called 'Q/A', and their regard for their customers is pretty obvious, as described by others here. As a former developer, I detest software piracy, but I hate corporate theft even more. I will buy ONE version of a product. If it meets my expectations, I will pay for upgrades. If not, I will simply acquire my own upgrades from various other sources until such time as the vendor meets THEIR obligations. So far, Smith Micro hasn't even come close. Passionate people develop real products. Greedy scoundrels buy what others developed, then use it to bilk the public. Sad to say, that's what passes for 'business' in the American perversion of 'Capitalism.'

damocles2002 posted at 4:31PM Sun, 19 June 2016 - #4246095

Yes, I bought both 11 and 11 Pro near the advent of both...the library system is broken and I reported it within hours...I received no assistance beyond more and more requests for system information from me to them... It is completely broken, especially the Search function...I installed different video drivers and came close to a format and recovery in Win 10... I have returned to Pro 2014...awaiting SM to address the issue responsibly...or just close the doors... Whoever programmed the Library functions needs to go back to school...and SM needs to fix it...FAST..!!! Enough with the solicitous responses...

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2016 at 5:29 PM

HughsWattwerx posted at 4:25PM Sun, 19 June 2016 - #4273053

Honestly, they will not close the doors so long as there's a buck to be made from unwary customers. I was a software engineer, project manager, and product manager for 30 years, so I know all to well where the problem lies: Greedy, unresponsive, indifferent companies, like SM, who develop nothing themselves, buy products from others (usually replacing all of the key developers -- too expensive), then go on to reap profits with as little effort as possible. I have watched SM for many releases -- adding little bells and whistles, while steadfastly refusing to address any of the real system problems. Why? Because you can CHARGE for new releases, but not for bug fixes. Clearly, they have nothing remotely qualified to be called 'Q/A', and their regard for their customers is pretty obvious, as described by others here. As a former developer, I detest software piracy, but I hate corporate theft even more. I will buy ONE version of a product. If it meets my expectations, I will pay for upgrades. If not, I will simply acquire my own upgrades from various other sources until such time as the vendor meets THEIR obligations. So far, Smith Micro hasn't even come close. Passionate people develop real products. Greedy scoundrels buy what others developed, then use it to bilk the public. Sad to say, that's what passes for 'business' in the American perversion of 'Capitalism.'

I think you will find that many of the coders and development folks that work on Poser are users them selves like Nerd3D and others that are members here at Rendo. You are just trying to justify your own dishonesty.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2016 at 9:51 PM

HughsWattwerx posted at 10:48PM Mon, 20 June 2016 - #4273053

If you dislike it so, why bother with it in the first place? And why stick with it? We all know you have no intention of buying anything legitimately,

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2016 at 8:49 PM

pruiz posted at 9:47PM Tue, 21 June 2016 - #4244639

I only use Poser now for Dynamic hair and cloth - DS for all else - so this dislocation is really painful. I can't progress projects at all.

Then why did you upgrade to P11? P10's dynamic hair and cloth is just as good. I honestly can't think of any changes that I've heard anyone raving about in either the hair or cloth room.

unrealblue ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2016 at 9:58 AM

RedPhantom posted at 1:51AM Sun, 09 October 2016 - #4244665

This worked for me. I had the same problem just now, after installing the latest update (SR3?). Clicked the little button and for a second nothing followed by a few blinks then the library was back. Incidentally, restarting Poser before I tried this did not make the library come back. A quick Google brought me here and now it's working, thanks :)

System: Mac; Mid 2012 MPBr, 2.6GHz i7, 16GB, GeForce GT 650M, OS 10.11.6 (latest El Capitan), Poser 11 SR3 (of course).

javiergad1 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2017 at 10:00 AM

The solution is simple you need install internet explorer 9 64 bits then install flash player for nternet explorer. Enjoy with poser. :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2017 at 2:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I know it's an old thread but I really can't resist this...

Capslock.jpg

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.