Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: OT JeffH...Calling from a 486 :-(

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 1999 at 8:56 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:33 AM

Sorry to say I won't be around for a while until I get a new modem. Right now I'm typing from an old 486 with 12MBs of RAM. I've got the Jimmy Carter exercise bike powering this thing as well! ;-) -Jeff H.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 5:08 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be back soon. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

WitchyGrrl ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 11:56 AM

awwwh booo!! Well, I for one will miss you, hurry back! :) WG

3DSprite ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 7:54 PM

You are sadly missed! Hurry back. 3DSprite

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 3:50 AM

I ordered a new modem over the weekend and guess what? This one is working again..sort of. It will dial maybe once every 10-15 attempts...good enough for right now. All the diagnostics say the modem is working properly, it just fails to dial. Anyone ever heard of this happening before? Its an IBM Mwave 3.0, the kind with the modem and soundcard combined. If I can save a few bucks it would be a big help this time of year. -Jeff H.

Wizzard ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 7:53 PM

Jeff... point your browser to windrivers.com.. and shoot for the latest drivers for the beastie... that helps many times...... ermmmm..... Mwave eh? I usually pull those and install separate soundmodem cards.. less hassles... as an aside? I work as KnightTech at a computer shoppe... ) Thom

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 11:28 PM

I've been doing some reseach on the Mwave...it doesn't look good. The soundcard part of it is great though, wavetable samples. Thanks for the tip. -JH.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.