Sun, Oct 6, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: Background color and load a background picture

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 12:16 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:22 AM

HI: I have Daz 4.9 and had 4.8 and in neither of them was a way I could see to change Background color and/or load a background picture. Daz's tuts are all based on older versions of Studio where under the edit drop down, there was a "Change background" selection. That is no longer there. Could you tell me how to do this or point me to a more recent tut? Thanks, Sherrie

BlackStarr42 ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 12:35 PM

Backgrounds are under the environment tab and if you are getting checkerboard pattern then it's set to none by default. Select image in environment tab and then browse to location of image you want or select color white I think is the default.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 1:10 PM

Or go to Create -> New Primitive and select pane. Afterwards you have to rotate and move it and then select the Surfacing/Rendering Tab, use the editor and select plane > Default > Diffuse and when you click on that little triangle on theleft side of the Diffuse Color you can browse to the iage you want for your background.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 3:42 PM

What a bout just changing the color, like to black?

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 5:53 PM

I discovered it. Thanks!

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2016 at 6:21 PM

In the Environment tab it will be set to "None" click on that you have choices you can add an image by clicking the little arrow dropdown under "Background" or you can click between the RGB numbers on the color bar and the color picker will open up to select your color. In my current setup the environment pane it is on top right.

Background option

Screenshot (560).png

Use Background image - Browse

Screenshot (562).png

Screenshot (561).png

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

dragonmuse ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 4:22 PM

I can't even find the environment tab :(

I wish they would stop making the program more and more complicated! I really miss daz 3.

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 5:29 PM

If you go to the top toolbar - Window > Panes(Tabs) scroll your eyes down that list you should find it in there.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

dragonmuse ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 6:15 PM

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.