Sun, Oct 6, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Community -- Update 4/6!

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2016 at 2:28 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:22 AM

Hey folks-

We have this program where we put all issues/bugs in and I just wanted to let you know what I've put in so far:

• Cleaning up the freestuff section
  • To line up the gallery images once again
  • Asked the programmers about something other than Markdown. They're looking into it.
  • Asked the programmers to bring back the sending e-mails when someone comments on a gallery image feature.
  • Bringing back animated gifs in the forums
  • Asked to bring back 'whose online'
  • Asked to fix the punctuation issue
  • Asked to add these features to the gallery search bar : •key word •sort by relevance or date •artist name •date range •gallery •genre

Pertaining to the gallery search bar, I asked Jeff to check it and he says it worked fine. Therefore, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

3DFineries ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2016 at 11:48 AM

Yippie!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2016 at 3:22 PM

Hi Hope,

The thing with the gallery search bar, unless someone is complaining about something different, is that it works EXACTLY as designed. So from their point of view, yes, it works. However, the design does not accommodate the users, and is therefore not functioning in a way that is helpful.

I've seen what looks like good communication progress in another thread, and I assume this thread is for the purpose of helpful feedback and positive and honest discussion about things that the users would like to see as improvements.

Is this where you would like to gather that sort of information? I've still got a list, and have been waiting until the smoke cleared.

If not, I'll go away and wait some more ...

:) Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 5:02 AM · edited Wed, 23 March 2016 at 5:03 AM

Excellent! Super good to have an overview of improvements to tackle them one by one!

Some more things to add..(and tackle lol)

• Poser Only mp search, Daz only mp search.
  • What's new mp Poser only, what's new mp Daz only.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 6:21 AM

Biscuits posted at 6:21AM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262184

Oh yeah! Those are two great ideas!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 8:06 AM

@auntietk

• Is this where you would like to gather that sort of information? I've still got a list, and have been waiting until the smoke cleared.

It is now. Feel free to put your ideas/list forward

Good idea Biscuits

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 8:09 AM

Hi Hope, I only 8 elements in my "freestuff" section. I have not figured out if I have to remove those elements or if I have to do something different. Thanks for your help:)

My Store

My Freestuff

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 10:26 AM · edited Wed, 23 March 2016 at 10:26 AM

auntietk posted at 10:26AM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262089

Hi Hope,

The thing with the gallery search bar, unless someone is complaining about something different, is that it works EXACTLY as designed. So from their point of view, yes, it works. However, the design does not accommodate the users, and is therefore not functioning in a way that is helpful.

I've seen what looks like good communication progress in another thread, and I assume this thread is for the purpose of helpful feedback and positive and honest discussion about things that the users would like to see as improvements.

Is this where you would like to gather that sort of information? I've still got a list, and have been waiting until the smoke cleared.

If not, I'll go away and wait some more ...

:) Tara

Hi @Auntietk - Can you please explain this a bit further? "it's not functioning in a way that is helpful."

Hope Kumor

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 10:28 AM · edited Wed, 23 March 2016 at 10:28 AM

Biscuits posted at 10:27AM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262184

Excellent! Super good to have an overview of improvements to tackle them one by one!

Hi @Biscuits - thanks so much for those suggestions. I'd send those to Jenn though because it's more her area. Here's her e-mail : jennblake@renderosity.com.

Hope Kumor

Steve K. ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 2:36 PM

hopeandlove posted at 2:34PM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262203

I second the motion. As a Carrara user, the main attraction of Renderosity is the large and growing selection of Poser format products. I have had trouble using DAZ Studio (*.DUF) products and so avoid them.

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 3:36 PM · edited Wed, 23 March 2016 at 3:36 PM

hopeandlove posted at 9:35PM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262203

Hi @Biscuits - thanks so much for those suggestions. I'd send those to Jenn though because it's more her area. Here's her e-mail : jennblake@renderosity.com.

I suggested the same thing 5 days ago in another thread, It's gotten member support like here, but no word yet of the staff.

From a buyers perspective, this is the most urgent thing, which could improve sales immensely.

I'm sure you could take some time to discuss this with the rest of the staff, you pointing it out is much more effective then my emails could ever be. 😄

Thank you! 😊

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ghostman ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 3:36 PM

hopeandlove posted at 9:32PM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262203

Hmm. I thought you where the Community Manager! Isn't it yr job to collect the ideas and then transfer them higher up in the hierarchy?

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 4:17 PM

Hi @Biscuits - I let Jenn know and she said she brought it up to the programmers and posted it into the system we use for bugs/issues. As soon as she hears more, she'll let you know.

Thanks, Hope

Hope Kumor

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 5:20 PM

Super! Thanks for letting us know, very appreciated! 😊

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 9:59 PM

Hi Hope,

Here's the request about the search function:

What we would like is a search function where all the choices get made on one page, without loading new pages during the process, and ALL the fields are optional. (The way it works now, the page re-loads with each parameter that's entered. Enter artist name, wait for page to refresh. Enter dates, wait for page to refresh. Check genre box, wait for page to refresh. The site runs so slow that I've forgotten what I was doing when I'm only halfway there!)

The way it is now, we can't search on BOTH a key word AND an artist. These are the parameters that would be useful:

•key word •sort by relevance or date •artist name •date range •gallery •genre

Here's an example: I would like to be able to look up "Houma House" in ONLY my own gallery, and ONLY from January, 2013 to January, 2014, and ONLY in the photography gallery, without worrying about the genre.

Next item:

I want to go to a particular artist's gallery. Click on "Artists" on the white bar. Drop down menu shows up, click "Artist" again. Wait for page to refresh and show you a bunch of random artists. In the search box, type in an artist's name, and you'll see their avatar and you can click to follow or unfollow, or to look at their gallery. If the artist's name has a DOT in it, for example anahata.c or Juliette.Gribnau, when you click the gallery button, you get a notice that says, "Sorry! We could not locate the artist in any of our records."

I think it's a "special character" problem. For people with no punctuation in their names, clicking their gallery button takes you directly to their gallery.

The site runs REALLY slowly in comparison to other websites. I haven't timed it, but it's noticeable enough that I lose interest and leave more often than not.

I've got more, but that's enough for now.

Thanks! Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 6:26 AM
Site Admin

auntietk posted at 4:25AM Thu, 24 March 2016 - #4262330

Hi Hope,

Here's the request about the search function:

What we would like is a search function where all the choices get made on one page, without loading new pages during the process, and ALL the fields are optional. (The way it works now, the page re-loads with each parameter that's entered. Enter artist name, wait for page to refresh. Enter dates, wait for page to refresh. Check genre box, wait for page to refresh. The site runs so slow that I've forgotten what I was doing when I'm only halfway there!)

The way it is now, we can't search on BOTH a key word AND an artist. These are the parameters that would be useful:

•key word •sort by relevance or date •artist name •date range •gallery •genre

Here's an example: I would like to be able to look up "Houma House" in ONLY my own gallery, and ONLY from January, 2013 to January, 2014, and ONLY in the photography gallery, without worrying about the genre.

Next item:

I want to go to a particular artist's gallery. Click on "Artists" on the white bar. Drop down menu shows up, click "Artist" again. Wait for page to refresh and show you a bunch of random artists. In the search box, type in an artist's name, and you'll see their avatar and you can click to follow or unfollow, or to look at their gallery. If the artist's name has a DOT in it, for example anahata.c or Juliette.Gribnau, when you click the gallery button, you get a notice that says, "Sorry! We could not locate the artist in any of our records."

I think it's a "special character" problem. For people with no punctuation in their names, clicking their gallery button takes you directly to their gallery.

The site runs REALLY slowly in comparison to other websites. I haven't timed it, but it's noticeable enough that I lose interest and leave more often than not.

I've got more, but that's enough for now.

Thanks! Tara

@Hope, this is what I was trying to explain in the Coord forum, but Tara has explained it way better.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 10:24 AM

Oh goodie! Glad this was helpful! :)

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 10:54 AM · edited Thu, 24 March 2016 at 10:54 AM

Okay - Let me see what I can do about the gallery stuff.

As for the site running slow, is it a specific part of the site? For instance, "the continuous scroll is running really slow for me," "the forums are taking a long time to load." Or, do you mean every part of the site? The more specific you are, the better I can get to the root of the proble,.

Hope Kumor

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 12:40 PM
Site Admin

For me the forums are usually okay, unless it's a long thread, then each page bogs, but the continuous scroll is jumpy, freezing a lot. And sometimes images won't load and I have to refresh to get them. When on mobile, I have my bookmarks skipped past the front page, that's unloadable. When I go to Deviant, desktop or mobile, it's lightening fast. Whatever they did to handle the graphic intense pages, we need to borrow a page from their book. But, to be fair, Rendo isn't the worst, Tumblr bogs up on me so bad I stopped going there, and facebook is like swimming in maple syrup, and it wasn't always like that.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 2:11 PM

So... which browser are you using when this occurs, Robert?

Hope Kumor

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 2:39 PM

Check the number of scripts and trackers on each page. Then you'll see why the site is slow.....

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 3:52 PM

Another problem is the image sizes. I've seen some of them and they're rather huge. So, if we stayed with a consistent size, the gallery may not run as slow.

Hope Kumor

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 4:14 PM
Site Admin

@Hope Firefox 45.0.1

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2016 at 6:54 PM

Same problem here, IE-10-or-11-or-whatever-is-current. Same problem on IPhone with Safari. (Actually, the problems on the IPhone are legion, but that's one of the topics I'm saving for another day when I've got more time.)

Tara

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2016 at 10:08 PM

While you're fixing stuff..... The gallery ebots (at least mine) are not working again. They've been on and off for the last day or so. I haven't had any since early this afternoon. Just to let you know...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2016 at 12:29 AM

I finally got about 11 ebots, all several hours past when the images were posted.

Thanks! Rod

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2016 at 12:32 PM

Okay - I've told the programmers about the e-bots and they're looking into the issues. It seems the e-bots were clogged in the system. Sorry about that. I hadn't been receiving e-mails since Saturday before today.

I'm going to go through gallery issues in these next few days. I will then post them in the program we use for issues and bugs and let you know once they're posted so you have any idea. Thanks, all!

Hope Kumor

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 6:53 PM

Thanks for the update, Hope!

The ebots seem to be coming through normally again... Perhaps some Drain-o will keep those 'pipes' from clogging again! LOL

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2016 at 10:08 AM

ha-ha. That drain-0 has certainly been VERY effective.

Hope Kumor

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2016 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for the updates Hope 😀

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2016 at 9:30 PM

Please restore the wysiwyg editor for forum posts It is rather back to the middle ages of computing to ignore new lines (pressing the carriage return key) in your posts

Vaskania ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2016 at 10:45 PM · edited Thu, 31 March 2016 at 10:46 PM

wimvdb posted at 8:42PM Thu, 31 March 2016 - #4263596

Please restore the wysiwyg editor for forum posts It is rather back to the middle ages of computing to ignore new lines (pressing the carriage return key) in your posts

You can get around that by typing your text the way you want it to look, highlight it all, then use the Preformated Text option. 

It's the far right icon that looks like </>

It looks like it just adds an ellipses before and after the post body.

The downside is, it looks like that ^^ lol

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2016 at 3:11 PM

_Anybody asked to FIRE the programmers before ALL goes south?

RESTORE the site to December 2010. That was the LAST month that everything worked as it should ._

It has been going downhill at an alarming rate lately.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2016 at 3:13 PM

4 out of 6??

What will be left AFTER the 6th upgrade? An empty grey screen? => With about 2.7 million links to the marketplace.

Ah yes, and I see I have to buy an Audi now. No clue what Audi has to do with 3D, but I hope somebody might figure it out.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2016 at 3:52 AM

How about the ability to jump from ANY page right to "show all vendors" "figure essentials" and 3d models"? I'm sick of having to load through multiple pages just to get to them. I hate that you have to go to the MP homepage just to get the figure essentials or 3d models dropdowns.

Also, ability to check multiple boxes and then click a "see results" box, instead of having to check each box we want and wait for the page to reload one by one.

Also, the ability to check two or more categories under "software" and "compatible figures" And preferrably other things as well. For example, let's say I only want to see Poser AND Bryce renders in the gallery, but none from any other program.

Barring this, allow us to right click the check boxes and open a new tab/window of the results with that box checked. That way, I van click "3d figure essentials>>clothing" then right click on Gen2 male checkbox and open a new tab with Gen2 male checked, then right click on Gen2 female checkbox and open a new tab with Gen2 female checked.
As it is now, you have to enter "3d figure essentials>>clothing", then open a new tab and copy/paste the URL for each separate category that you want to look at, then check the boxes of one of the categories you want to look at in each tab.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2016 at 12:12 PM

wimvdb posted at 12:12PM Fri, 15 April 2016 - #4263596

Hm.... can you tell me a bit more about this editor, please?

Hope Kumor

hopeandlove ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2016 at 12:16 PM · edited Fri, 15 April 2016 at 12:16 PM

IceEmpress posted at 12:15PM Fri, 15 April 2016 - #4265353

How about the ability to jump from ANY page right to "show all vendors" "figure essentials" and 3d models"? I'm sick of having to load through multiple pages just to get to them. I hate that you have to go to the MP homepage just to get the figure essentials or 3d models dropdowns.

Also, ability to check multiple boxes and then click a "see results" box, instead of having to check each box we want and wait for the page to reload one by one.

Also, the ability to check two or more categories under "software" and "compatible figures" And preferrably other things as well. For example, let's say I only want to see Poser AND Bryce renders in the gallery, but none from any other program.

Barring this, allow us to right click the check boxes and open a new tab/window of the results with that box checked. That way, I van click "3d figure essentials>>clothing" then right click on Gen2 male checkbox and open a new tab with Gen2 male checked, then right click on Gen2 female checkbox and open a new tab with Gen2 female checked.
As it is now, you have to enter "3d figure essentials>>clothing", then open a new tab and copy/paste the URL for each separate category that you want to look at, then check the boxes of one of the categories you want to look at in each tab.

Hi @IceEmpress -- thanks for your response. Is this all pertaining to the MP or is some of it gallery-related? Let me know.

Hope Kumor

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 9:27 PM

hopeandlove posted at 4:26AM Sun, 17 April 2016 - #4265700

wimvdb posted at 12:12PM Fri, 15 April 2016 - #4263596

Like in: What You See Is What You Get Like any editor in the past 20 years has done and which Rendo used to have.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2016 at 7:11 PM · edited Sat, 23 April 2016 at 7:13 PM

hopeandlove posted at 1:58AM Sun, 24 April 2016 - #4265700

Here are some of the things that annoys me.

• The area you write in is to small, so you constantly have to scroll. Need to be 2 or 3 times the size.

• The lack of an quote button is a bit annoying as well, not referring to the "Quote" a whole post but simply a button you can press and it will make a quote tag so you can copy/paste some text into it, as its a fast way to indicate that you are quoting something maybe from another post as well.

• The edit in full screen doesn't seem to work correctly. You get the big window but looses all functionality of the editor. If you increase the size of the normal post window you can get rid of the "Edit in fullscreen."

• Its annoying that you have to leave a blank line between text to make it go to the next line.

• That you can't underline text.

• You can't change color of text.

• There should be unlimited editing time of posts as well, i think.

These are the most obvious ones i can think of right now.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2016 at 7:32 AM · edited Sun, 24 April 2016 at 7:35 AM

I have not yet found a way to do a quick reply or reply to a post other than to click on * quote *. The options you get when writin a post are very limited to say the least. Editing once own post only works for a limited time. Not sure why you gone back 20 Years with your Editor design.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 6:35 PM

Just in case anyone is still listening, the gallery ebots are not coming through anymore. Again. Haven't had any new ones since Tuesday night. sigh

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 7:53 PM

Is anyone monitoring this thread, or do I need to start a new one?

As I stated above, I'm not getting any gallery upload ebots - last one I got was on 04/26. Have you stopped sending them out again?? Could someone please respond?

Thanks!

LPR001 ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 12:12 AM

Hi RodS I have been receiving the gallery upload ebots and forum notifications however the problem of them turning up in batches and not in real time exists. Hope reports both the forum and gallery ebot issue each and every time and we are all affected by it. Your issue does seem to be rather extended in the timeframe though so I will raise it again.I hope they find the problem soon.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

KristiS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 11:50 AM

We are experiencing some delay in the ebots again as I am still getting some from the 28th of April.

They are working on things throughout the weekend so hopefully there will be some resolve soon.

So sorry for any inconvenience.

Kristi

Community Relations Specialist

This is your life - your platform - your stage - your story  

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 6:55 PM

And, I wrote back to you @Rod! Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Hope Kumor

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 7:30 PM

Thanks Hope - I did get your sitemail. And thanks to the others that responded. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon.

If things are clogged up, I can send you Roto-Rooter's phone number! LOL

Quarkster ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2016 at 6:28 PM

Don't know what you folks did, but browsing through the Marketplace in the last few days was much much faster than it's been for the last few months. Thank you for that! Using Safari v9.1 on an iMac.

KristiS ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 5:25 PM

Thank you for letting us know Quarkster, we have been making some adjustments and I am so happy to hear it has been working 😄

Kristi

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2016 at 12:01 PM

Once again, I am not getting the gallery ebots.... It worked for about a week, now back to none. Getting a bit frustrated...

KristiS ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2016 at 12:46 PM

Can you please tell me who your email provider is RodS?

Kristi

EarthCrone ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2016 at 1:17 PM

Sounds good so far! /:)))

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.