Thu, Sep 19, 9:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: How can I make objects as a light source in DAZ-Iray?

Dreamdesigner ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2016 at 4:52 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Hi everyone, I'm very new at DAZ,I need to learn **How can I make objects as a light source in DAZ-Iray?**Actually I'm a poser user,and I know How to make same thing in poser but DAZ Iray is another universe for me! nevertheless, I'm trying to learn DAZ as well,Also ıf anyone can say something about ,It will be helpful for one of my friend who try to learn DAZ as well,His English knowledge is a bit weak,so I'm also trying to help him either! İf anyone can help about this topic, I'll be really glad,Thanks in advance for your time.. Good and inspirational weeks to everyone :-)

fly028 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2016 at 6:57 AM

hello Dreamdesigner,

Just select your surface and apply the emissive shader located in Shader preset/iray/daz uber/emissive. Then scroll and set emission, luminance and temperature,

hope it helps,

Best regards,

Dreamdesigner ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2016 at 7:14 AM

Thank you very much fly028,I need to create lights for a Car headlights thanks again,I'll try :-)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2016 at 9:50 AM

For relatively simple shapes you can also set a geometry for the spot and point lights, including discs and spheroids. Those can, if they are suitable, render more quickly than an emissive surface.

Dreamdesigner ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2016 at 7:01 AM

Thank you RHaseltine,All kind of info is helpful for the rookies :-) Thank you again :-)

ojitos ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 10:27 PM

hello help this product works in DAZ studios ???? Thank you,,,,, Real Small Room by hameleon image.png

Dreamdesigner ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2016 at 10:21 AM

ojitos if your message for me ;If I know How,I would be so happy to help you but I'm still a DAZ rookie myself,sorry for this :-) I hope some other DAZ experts can help to you as well !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.