Mon, Oct 21, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Poser 11 pro and DSON importer problem

dante ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2016 at 11:36 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 2:06 AM

Hi folks... Here's the rub. I'm trying to use daz figures with DSON importer but the program just hangs after loading one, say Lee 6..I can move the figure, but I'm unable to use the content window...it loads fine, but after that it just hangs there...Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 6:03 AM

Is your content library still docked? Undocking it will improve response. Also set the figure to SubD=0; the subdivided mesh demands addition resources and will slow down the app on older machines.

vitachick ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 8:20 AM

undock content library? Thought that was only available in Poser2014.. Do tell how to show as external..Like it much better

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

dante ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 9:58 AM

It is allready undocked, I wonder if reinstalling DSON will resolve the problem...thanks folks

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 10:36 AM

Oops, forgot that Poser 11 Pro already has an undocked content library. Do you have the latest SR installed?

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 10:49 AM · edited Mon, 25 April 2016 at 10:50 AM

Hi. The DSON option that shows information to a user as an item loads can cause problems with the Poser library and makes it unusable for some people.

It is recommended to disable this option for those who have library issues.

On the Poser Menu Bar - Mouse click on Scripts

select - DSON Support

select - Importer Preferences

The Preference box will open

Untick - Show Progress On Load

Close the Preference box using the X (Top Right of Box)

IsaoShi ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 5:47 PM

vitachick posted at 11:38PM Mon, 25 April 2016 - #4266840

undock content library? Thought that was only available in Poser2014.. Do tell how to show as external..Like it much better

It's OT, but... you can dock or undock the Library panel just as you can any other panel in the Poser UI - perhaps this is not what you mean. You can also run the Library in a separate browser window, as I do (on a second screen) - is this what you are asking about? (By the way, I don't have any DSON importer problems when running the Library like this).

Poser11ExternalLibrary.jpg

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2016 at 6:46 PM

Do you have the latest SR installed? I had this issue, and I believe this was fixed in SR1, IIRC...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

dante ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 6:49 PM

The trick with unticking "show progress on load" think resolved the problem...thanks so much adzan

versora ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2017 at 7:33 AM

I am having a similar problem. I tried the uncheck progress bar and still doesn't work. I am trying to load real short hair for g2m. I have poser pro 11. and all programs are up to date

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2017 at 10:18 AM

Do you have both the DAZ and Poser DSON installed?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.