Tue, Oct 22, 5:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: V6/Genesis OBJs

DragonFly ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 4:54 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:36 AM

Hi, I would like to make clothing for V6 and Genesis models, but cant find there objs and cr2, I never use Daz, so can someone please tell me how to make/find objs for the Daz characters, Im using poser 10. Thanks for any help and advice

DragonFly ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 4:59 AM

oops I forgot to say...I want to make them for poser

3DFineries ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 5:36 AM

Poser isn't compatible with the latest Genesis figures so you'll have a lot of work to do. You're going to have to use DSON in DAZ Studio and a bunch of other stuff. Someone with more knowledge than me will have to help you as it is a very involved process.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

DragonFly ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 5:47 AM

Hi 3DFineries, thanks for your reply...so will I need to install Daz to be able to do this?

3DFineries ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 6:05 AM

I'm pretty sure. I think there is a thread here somewhere but you'll have to do an advanced search cause I haven't seen it pop up lately. Also Google for tutorials. I think there are some on You Tube too. Try different keywords as well, Google likes options.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 6:05 AM

LOL, the main question is why? Poser has 87 figures to choose from.

The V6 and Gen are not natively compatible with Poser.

So you and your customers will have to go through a ton of failure prone procedures to get it all working properly.

OK. It "can" be done, but you are looking at a very-very small customer base.

DragonFly ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 6:23 AM

Thanks tonyvilters, why because I like Keiko lol and would of liked to have make clothes for her for use in poser, but at least I know why I couldn't find anything about it. Why would the customer base be small are the gens not popular, should I just stick with the V4 is that still popular, I've been away for the poser like for awhile and lost touch with everything, I'm just trying to catch up on what I've missed, thank you for telling me this

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 6:35 AM

Tja, usually these posts end up in a Poser/DS fight, so I am writing this with gloves on.

The technology between V6 and Poser prevents the use of V6 in Poser.

It "can" be done by " a few" , but let us leave it at that.

You have V4, Roxie, Pauline, Jessi, Alyson, Sydney, and so on.

Let the DS creators take care of V6 in DS.

In Poser?

She's not worth the trouble. It "can" be done, yes, surely, but most Poser users want to close off a Poser hobby hr with a render.

They do not want to spend that free hobby hr trying to get something to work that was never designed to work in the first place.

DragonFly ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 7:21 AM

Yes very true, thank you for this it has help a lot, must ask who is Roxie?

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 7:31 AM · edited Fri, 12 August 2016 at 7:31 AM

Poser 11 is Pauline and Paul

Poser 10 is Roxie and Rex

Poser 09 Is Alyson2 and Ryan2 (NEVER use those, there is a basic error in the figures) => See video 4 in my Poser2Blender2Poser tutorial series on YouTube

Poser 08 is Alyson and Ryan

Poser 07 is Sydney and Simon (not symmetrical)

Poser 06 is Jessi, and so on. . . . .

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 7:49 AM

Clarification, Genesis and Genesis 2 (base for V6) can be ported over Poser via DSON and they do work. Most content created for them do have PCF counterparts for Poser use. Only recently has DAZ decided to make DS exclusive content. If your aspiration is to create content for a particular Genesis/Genesis 2 character, you would be better off working with both apps; I have not seen any content exclusively created for Poser, whatever is currently available is marketed for both platforms.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 8:22 AM

There's an advance version of Pauline by ShvrDavid elsewhere for purchase. I haven't gotten it yet but it looks very good.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 11:30 PM

@3DTubeMagic: The proper way to create content for G2F figures is in DAZ Studio. If you create any items in Poser, they will not work properly. Go to SickleYield's YouTube page and you will learn everything you need to know to make new content in DAZ Studio. Then all you need to do is create Poser companion files to make them work in Poser.

Speaking as one the rare creatures who uses Poser with Genesis 2 figures, it's well worth the small amount of time and effort to learn how to use DAZ Studio to create new stuff.

EarthCrone ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 8:10 AM

This all good info to know, I've been seeing products for Daz Studio here but frankly I for one don't care for studio even though I do have the latest version.

hee hee...Tony

tonyvilters posted at 8:07AM Sun, 14 August 2016 - #4279703

Tja, usually these posts end up in a Poser/DS fight, so I am writing this with gloves on.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 10:29 PM

If you load a Genesis 1 or 2 figure in Poser via the DSON importer, it automatically created an .obj file in (If I remember the path right; I'm not at my Poser machine!) in the Writable Runtime specified in the Importer Preferences, in a subfolder of Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted . Copy it and use it as you will... 😼

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 4:56 AM

WandW posted at 5:54AM Thu, 18 August 2016 - #4280281

If you load a Genesis 1 or 2 figure in Poser via the DSON importer, it automatically created an .obj file in (If I remember the path right; I'm not at my Poser machine!) in the Writable Runtime specified in the Importer Preferences, in a subfolder of Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted . Copy it and use it as you will... 😼

With all the issues of generated obj from poser I would not trust those OBJs. Get it from from DS as that's where you need to do your development.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.