Thu, Sep 19, 4:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Errors And Potential Bugs: Please Post Errors In This Thread

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2016 at 5:28 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 August 2016 at 5:30 PM

Wow...three days, dozens of attempts and not one even remotely successful simulation. I don't know where to start. It could be (probably?) related to my unusual computer layout so I'll start there.

Win7 64 bit and NOT connected to the net so there's AV or firewalls. All excess Windows crap is shut off so it boots in a couple of seconds.

C (an SSD)-is for windows only. I don't let anything store it's files or temp there.

D (a partition on the SSD) is for programs only and again, nobody stores temp stuff or data there.

F My graphics drive where my runtimes and Daz content live. All my graphics for still and 3D live here.

There are more drives for video and motion graphics but they don't matter.

While I have Poser, I treated the install as if I didn't. The VWD folder went to the root of C: and the Daz bridge stuff went (as instructed in the pdf) in F:Daz Content/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/VWD Bridge. I had to create the "Daz My Library" directory since I didn't have one (I hate how Daz wants one to arrange their content).

The bridge starts fine and I followed the tutorials (my French NOT being as rusty as I thought it was). I went big to start, with V4 sporting a ton of Bridal wear, long skirt, train and a long veil. Things went fine until 'nail to collision'. It locked up and I had to use Process Explorer (PE) to kill it and Daz. It seems that the VWD would go to 25% CPU usage and stay. Even after it was killed in PE, Daz would now be at 25% and unresponsive, forcing a kill in PE. I went progressively simpler and simpler finding that it was impossible to grab just one layer-row of pixels since so many of the items I was using had more than one layer. Finally I gave up and tried using a simple small plane turned into a figure and pinned above her head. I wanted to make it drape down like a veil. That actually worked for a few iterations until suddenly, the plane shot off the screen somewhere. Aaaand of course, I had to kill VWD with PE and then Daz too. I then resorted to very simple scenes with V4 and a simple negligee. That started draping then Wham it shot off the screen. Both VWD and Daz needed to be killed with PE. During all this I only had one actual error message. Yes, I dutifully deleted Exchange files every time I started VWD.

Got any ideas?

agape ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2016 at 8:28 PM

Kittykat, is the DS bridge for sale now? I'm not finding it!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 4:13 AM

Hello Kittykat, visibly no simulation runs until its end. It seems the dynamic element (Cloth or Hair) goes always out of the screen. This could happen is the animation is too fast and the stress too important for the simulator.

To understand your error, I need some informations :

• You say you use the Daz Bridge, but have you made some tests with Poser. I remember you said me you own it.
  • Have you made some tests with a static simulation.
  • Have you uncheck the "Fast move" checkbox. This function helps to keep the stability of the simulation when the collision object moves quickly.
  • Have made some tests by increasing the "Nb sub samples" value. This helps when the animation is fast.

I have to know if the problem comes from the simulator or from the animation.

I am sorry for this problem. I don't think it comes from your computer.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Mythico ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 4:45 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 August 2016 at 4:47 AM

@ Kittykat - you actually have "Daz Bridge stuff" in your VWD installation package?

@ VWD - Kittykat 'ignored Poser in the VWD install process', the only time Poser was mentioned.

Kittykat did however mentioned Daz Library Script subfolder, and "force killing" Daz Studio.

So it seems it's all Daz from that point on, and no Poser, at least from what's been presented.

Agape and myself are confused by KittyKat having installed a Daz Bridge! Which, allegedly came together with KittyKat's VWD installation package!

Mysterious indeed!

Unless...KittyKat got the Carrara bridge half-working in DS... or even got the Poser pythons installed into Daz Library and then got it half-working in DS...

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 7:34 AM

agape posted at 2:32PM Thu, 25 August 2016 - #4281008

Kittykat, is the DS bridge for sale now? I'm not finding it!

The bridge is still in review. I have small adjustments to do and I'll resubmit it. Kittycat bought it directly from me (paypal sale). Just send me a sitemail if you wish to do so (although I'd rather sell it through rendo store).

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 7:41 AM

kittykat98 posted at 2:35PM Thu, 25 August 2016 - #4280998

Wow...three days, dozens of attempts and not one even remotely successful simulation. I don't know where to start. It could be (probably?) related to my unusual computer layout so I'll start there.

Win7 64 bit and NOT connected to the net so there's AV or firewalls. All excess Windows crap is shut off so it boots in a couple of seconds.

C (an SSD)-is for windows only. I don't let anything store it's files or temp there.

D (a partition on the SSD) is for programs only and again, nobody stores temp stuff or data there.

F My graphics drive where my runtimes and Daz content live. All my graphics for still and 3D live here.

There are more drives for video and motion graphics but they don't matter.

While I have Poser, I treated the install as if I didn't. The VWD folder went to the root of C: and the Daz bridge stuff went (as instructed in the pdf) in F:Daz Content/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/VWD Bridge. I had to create the "Daz My Library" directory since I didn't have one (I hate how Daz wants one to arrange their content).

The bridge starts fine and I followed the tutorials (my French NOT being as rusty as I thought it was). I went big to start, with V4 sporting a ton of Bridal wear, long skirt, train and a long veil. Things went fine until 'nail to collision'. It locked up and I had to use Process Explorer (PE) to kill it and Daz. It seems that the VWD would go to 25% CPU usage and stay. Even after it was killed in PE, Daz would now be at 25% and unresponsive, forcing a kill in PE. I went progressively simpler and simpler finding that it was impossible to grab just one layer-row of pixels since so many of the items I was using had more than one layer. Finally I gave up and tried using a simple small plane turned into a figure and pinned above her head. I wanted to make it drape down like a veil. That actually worked for a few iterations until suddenly, the plane shot off the screen somewhere. Aaaand of course, I had to kill VWD with PE and then Daz too. I then resorted to very simple scenes with V4 and a simple negligee. That started draping then Wham it shot off the screen. Both VWD and Daz needed to be killed with PE. During all this I only had one actual error message. Yes, I dutifully deleted Exchange files every time I started VWD.

Got any ideas?

If you force kill VWD with the PE, you have to tell Studio bridge there's no need to wait for order for it, otherwise it'll be waiting for ever. The way to do it is just to restart the script. It will close the waiting loop. A second start will relaunch VWD.

Cloth shoot of the screen in VWD when parameters are not adequate. After importing the collision and before importing the cloth, go to the utilities menu in VWD and choose "reset parameter" (or something like that, I'm at work and don't have VWD installed on that computer, it's just from memory).

agape ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 11:17 AM

Thanks Philemot. I will try and hold out a little longer!

kittykat98 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 6:40 AM

Wow again...double and even triple wow. That was two evenings of wasted time and frustration I'll never get back. I didn't initially respond since I didn't want to say anything about buying the two programs directly from the authors since I didn't think they wanted it publicly known. Now that it's out, I'll say that I wish I'd bought them through Rendo (as much as I hate and despise the company) since it would be a simple matter to get a refund if I have to...and I'm leaning that way.

Taking the advice from the forum here, I launched back into attempting some simple static drapes. Reboot computer (just to start fresh) and ensure (yet again) that all VWD and Daz bridge files are where they're supposed to be. I loaded V4 in a long negligee and posed her kneeling to try and make the skirt drape down over her back, butt, legs and finally the floor. I encountered all manner of problems with selecting vertices. Selecting 'visible only' is inconsistent in operation, operating sorta correctly sometimes but mostly not selecting anything. I resorted to using the 'Alt' key to deselect the ones I didn't want but that frequently deselected everything. Trying to add the pixels around the neck strap only added to the frustration. Numerous maddening attempts later I had a selection. 'Nail to ' Collision' actually worked. Using the parameters suggested I set a static simulation running. Wow! is this slow. and Wow!, almost nothing is happening except for some bunching around her legs. I let it run for many minutes while Process Explorer (PE) showed lots of activity. That's good, at least it's running. I started and stopped the simulation a few times with no effect that I could see. After maybe twenty minutes I stopped it as a useless exercise. Over the next hour I retried this same drape a couple more times with similar (lack of) results.

Assuming that this was too complicated for VWD I posed V4 with a hairdo and placed a medium resolution blanket over her head to try a simpler drape. I chose her hair and figure as collision objects then hit 'nail to collision'. Nothing........zero......rien.....From my previous experience I'd learned that VWD seems to be unable to apply collision to more than one object at a time. Wow, that's kinda useless. Poser can drape an item over all kinds of things at once...I've done it the few (rare) times Poser didn't crash on me. Anyway, I tried again with just the hair selected for collision. This time it actually started to move but Wow!, it's still painfully slow compared to the same exercise in Poser. As the drape s-l-o-w-l-y crept along it looked like crap. The material was all bunched with spikes and dents everywhere it approached the hair. Then it started sucking INTO the face area where V4's head would be. I started and stopped it once or twice. This didn't seem to effect anything so I let it run it's slow and painful way along until ZIP!, true to form, the blanket shot off the screen into...?

I tried it a couple more times, ensuring that I was following the steps correctly but got pretty much the same thing. I have almost zero experience with dynamics but the few times I'd fiddled with it in Poser impressed the merde out of me. I set V4 beside some furniture, stuck the same blanket (with opacity set low so that I could see through it) over her head and watched as it smoothly settled down over her and the furniture. I experimented with different material settings (density, stiffness, friction etc) and got quite a kick out of how amazing (and quickly) it worked....at least when Poser itself wasn't crashing. (I use Daz not because I like it but because it's been completely stable for me while Poser crashes and locks up constantly). So now I'm wondering why an expensive ($90 bucks Canadian) program can't operate at least as well as Poser's native dynamic capability.

And wow, as I'm twiddling my thumbs watching nothing happen or trying again (and again and again) to make a selection, I'm getting more and more critical and less willing to overlook the massive failings. The GUI is horrible with buttons just stuck on. I can't resize the window. My main monitor is 2560 X 1440 making the VWD window a small strip down one side that I can't move or resize. When the window is maximized it wont respect the task bar or other windows. I tried to take some screen shots with 'Greenshot' but the 'save as' window couldn't butt in front of the VWD window. I had to shut VWD down, do a screenshot and move the resulting window to another monitor so that it would show up there from then on. The task bar wouldn't appear unless I first clicked the corresponding area on another monitor. When I shut VWD down it doesn't usually really shut down, it leaves parts of the GUI on the screen forcing me to (as suggested) restart it from the script icon. When I do this I see nothing for several minutes when I'll get (finally!) the box telling me that VWD is already running but will be shut down. Only once did I have to resort to using PE to kill VWD and Daz...a small victory. I get the impression that the two authors have little experience with real consumer programs, GUI's, and usability. One of the jobs I do at my work is to provide imagery support to aerospace engineers (many of whom are programmers). I populated a few areas in the data tracking programs with video of boring technical stuff. The program they use reminds me of VWD since it has piles of buttons and selections just stuck in a simplistic grid with no concern for looks or usability. It's an engineering tool and they couldn't care less how it looks. That's fine for industry but won't fly in the consumer world, even Adobe makes their programs look nice, and absolutely worries about workflow and the interface.

And lets talk training. If these programs where free I might excuse the total lack of documentation and poor tutorials. I paid big money for these, $90 Canadian, that's a third of the price of Poser Pro...Wow! For this kind of money I expect more than a bunch of videos that only show a basic walkthrough. There's a zillion buttons and selections available, what do they do? How am I supposed know what they all mean? Daz loves to do this and expects people to return endless to the forums to ask the same basic questions over and over again because they refuse to provide real documentation. Has anything been written down or does all the knowledge exist in the author's heads? For this kind of money ($90 CAD!) I expect full, complete, and comprehensive documentation. I bought Reality last year (for a measly thirty bucks) and it came with a very complete and well written pdf manual.

Ahhhh you're going to say, VWD and the bridge are still in Beta or they're not complete or it's still in development.
SO WHY IS IT BEING SOLD? Would you buy a car that had only half the parts ready or who's engine only ran up to 40 KpH? Would you see a movie before it was finished? I'm sliding down a nasty slope here and getting madder by the minute. The authors want money (BIG money!) for programs that JUST AREN'T READY. Are they that desperate for money? I love to support the little guy. I bought Reality, I also bought a couple of plugins being developed by the Blender community. But these (VWD and the Daz bridge) seem to be less than a serious endevour by people who know what they're doing and more of a pipe dream by people with big goals. I do blame myself for getting overly enthusiastic and buying it before it's properly ready (if it ever is) but can you blame me for wanting this? Dynamics in Daz are a dream of most users. I've had reasonable success with the Dyncreator (a very reasonable eight bucks) and am kicking myself for blowing big bucks ($90 Canadian...argh!) on VWD. I do, however, want to kick Rendo-short-sighted-and-desparate-for-money-osity for allowing an unfinished, buggy, undocumented program to be sold here.

In conclusion, I want my money back guys. I'll keep a close eye on this and maybe try it again if it gets fixed and documented but now I'm stuck with a program that just doesn't work.

philemot ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 7:36 AM

kittykat98 posted at 2:34PM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4281132

In conclusion, I want my money back guys. I'll keep a close eye on this and maybe try it again if it gets fixed and documented but now I'm stuck with a program that just doesn't work.

I instructed Paypal for a reimbursement. You should have your money back very soon. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 7:36 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 August 2016 at 7:50 AM

Successful installation, static and dynamic simulations, using default settings. Genesis with a simple test tunic dress (with morph). 60 frames animation.

screengrab gif

Getting the hang of it...

Overall rather smooth start. I keep a screen grab for the 1 occasion of VWD + DS freeze/hang in case (happened when I randomly pressed button the first time I launched VWD) After I followed VWD instruction step by step, all work as expected.

Side Info: Instead of /My Daz Library/script, as specified by Philemot's (very clear) install guide, I copy-pasted the Daz Bridge Script into the C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/scripts (typically all my scripts go there) and it works fine too; so far anyway :)

Will practice and play some more!

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 8:01 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 August 2016 at 8:05 AM

FYI my system: Win7 64bit; Daz Studio 4.9.2.7.

I placed VWD install folder in my A drive. Folder structure: A:/3D FILES/DAZ FILES/VWD/VWDclothandhair.exe.

I placed Daz Bridge Script in my other drive C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/VWD Bridge/VWDpython.dse (this is a my custom path VS Philemot's official/suggested path = .../My Daz3D Library/scripts/)

I placed Daz Bridge Plugin in my other drive C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/VWDsupport.dll

It all launched as expected the first time.

I successfully simulated a static frame the 3rd try.

I successfully simulated a dynamic 60 frame next.

Will report some more.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 8:23 AM

philemot posted at 8:22AM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4281139

kittykat98 posted at 2:34PM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4281132

I instructed Paypal for a reimbursement. You should have your money back very soon. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

That's kind of you. I sincerely hope you get this working someday.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 8:50 AM

@kittykat98 : I sent your refund to Paypal. I don't understand something, a demo version exists, if this version didn't work correctly on your computer, it was not necessary to buy the full version. You weigh down a program that you never was able to run correctly. In a previous message, you spoke about a denigration campaign at Daz 3D. I think Daz has found in yourself a very efficient detractor. You made a splendid work. I suggest you to ask for a job at Daz3D.

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 10:33 AM

I also wish to add, VWD itself came with a very thorough and detailed step-by-step tutorial, with illustration too. All 58 pages of it!

I say that as a user with some basic experience with Carrara's Bullet soft physics, Sparrowhawke's cloth deformer plugin, and also iClone, Poser, and DynCreator for Daz Dynamic Clothing Control.

VWD's English may not be perfect, but the sincerity and time investment into creating VWD documentation will be self-evident to any beginner to intermediate CG users.

Philemot's Daz Bridge also came with clear enough installation guide.

More report later...

Cheers.....

agape ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 10:42 AM

I honestly don't understand why some computers have issues and some don't. I built my own computer 4 years ago for more power to use my 3d programs and I don't have problems with it. I bought the program directly from VWD before it was on sale here. It wasn't a secret. He made it clear that he would sell it privately. I cut my teeth in 3d in Poser 4 in 2000 but now prefer DS now. I bought the Poser version to play with it in Poser. It works great! I have chosen to wait for the DS version instead of buying privately. Kittycat, I don't know what the problem is but I don't think its the program. You admitted that you have a strange computer configuration so to blame the program for not working isn't fair. Others aren't having issues. I don't have issues with Poser. I have the newest version and it works like a charm. Poser is unstable on your computer so you can't use it. The common denominator here is your computer. It definitely has issues. I am glad the developers were kind enough to give you your money back for a program that doesn't work with your computer but I think, in all fairness, the issue here was not the program.

primeuser ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 8:51 PM

I keep getting this error and as I don't speak french I have no clue what it it. "Lecture au-dela' de la fin de fichier." Can someone clue me in? Thanks.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 3:50 AM

primeuser:

I have documented that error a couple of times, and it loosely translates to "Reading beyond 'from the end of file". VirtualWorldDynamics can help you, but it could be a possible error from different situations.

Please, can you describe what you were doing (workflow, buttons pressed, etc.) which led to error pop-up, so VWD may help you better. Also, your PC environment to help narrow down variables.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 10:08 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 August 2016 at 10:22 AM

Have the daz bridge installed, Daz 4.9, however when I click the Host List nothing shows in the window. Script and plugin saved to locations shown in instructions, but instead of A:/ I use C:/. Is there another step(s) that I am missing?

Also, I ordered VWD directly, can you send the updated 58 page manual or link. Thx.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

agape ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 4:33 PM

When I first installed everything, I was having all kinds of problems, errors galore. When I was just about to quit, something came to me...I was using the latest Daz 4.9 Beta. I had installed the plugin into the main program instead of the Daz Beta plugin folder. Once I put it where it belonged, it works great! Not one single error since!

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 10:56 AM

Okay, walked away, came back and deleted daz bridge and related files. Started over, followed instructions step by step, slowly. Success! Now running sim. Waiting to see results after being sent to daz. Should be no problem.

RobotHeadArt ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 5:22 PM

Not an error exactly but a suggestion for the documentation. When there are parameters described, it would be nice if there was an explanation of what increasing and decreasing the value does and what some reasonable maximum and minimum values should be. For example, "The ยซStretchยป value sets the value of spring stiffness of the edges of each face in the mesh." What does increasing the number do? Does it make it more stretchy or more rigid? What are some reasonable ranges? 1, 10, 100, .0000001?

Mythico ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 1:30 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 August 2016 at 1:37 AM

Good valid points RobotHeadArt...

I worked out eventually that Stretch increase is MORE stretchy. I can't give a number because changes in other value in any other Parameter panes will affect this stretch outcome. Stick to 0.1, 0.2, when in doubt, is my narrow-down method.

The next line has a small error: the manual says 'Stiffness', when it actually is Softness. Anyway, Softness increase is MORE softness. True for all Softness settings.

I've been informed that VWD is working on the next iteration of documentation more tailored for Daz Studio users. So keep the feedback coming...

Oh the joy of high variable cloth sim!

Meanwhile don't stop experimenting and pushing button randomly like I do! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mythico ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 6:55 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 September 2016 at 6:56 AM

One crash pattern observed:

Sim actors can be the usual figure/prop, or both Daz primitives with sufficient vertex density.

-after dynamic simulation, press Vertices Tools + Vertices Group tab

-try to load material group = produce error message

-nothing can be done any further for this simulation session

-attempt to exit VWD = crash hang

-Task manager to force close VWD

-In DS, everything seems normal. Click on VWD action button to launch next sim session

-DS crash hang

-Task manager or Ctrl Alt Del to force close DS

primeuser ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 2:26 PM

Sorry for the delay. I have windows 10, 16gb ram, GTX760 card, Intel 6 core. I have tried numerous times using poser to get the plugin to work. With the older version of the plugin it would give me the beyond end of file error about 50% of the time and then not work afterwards. The newer version I have now gives me the error almost 100% of the time. I think I have gotten it to work once. I also have the Carrara bridge and it also worked better with the older version. The newer one gives me wild, unpredictable results. I just bought the DAZ plugin also and have not been able to get it to work correctly even once. Again, very wild distorted results. I have gone back to using the previous version 408.2976 I think it is.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 2:52 PM

@RobotHeadArt, @Mythico : Your idea will be very useful. In the interface, each values has limits. These limits are just here to avoid instabilities but they never have been described precisely. In the new version I will try a define some behaviours even if I don't know if I will name them as existing materials. A great work on the program and on the documentation.

@Mythico : I will look at the problem you have had.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 5:04 PM

primeuser:

I don't have W10, so I don't know if it could be environment stability issues, but I am curious about you stating the latest version being unstable, and going back to stable version 408.2976. Version 408.2976 should be the current, latest version. Could you please double check this, including reactivating your latest version and verifying the version number in that build. I tried to test for all variables for stability failures, but W10 is outside my testing scope.

VirtualWorldDynamics:

Could you please take a look at primeuser's issue as well. His system specs are a couple posts up from this post, but you missed it, and his initial post.

Mythico:

I did not test for this variable. I want to see if I can replicate as well. Just curious to your work-flow, why were you selecting materials for vertex selections at this stage after an animated drape? Were you trying to pin vertices, so you could further work on cloth with the push/pull draping?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 6:23 PM

@primeuser : Excuse me. I regularly look at the forum and I haven't replied to your problem. Feel free to send a direct email on virtualworlddynamics@gmail.com, If I take too much time to reply on the forum. The message you have, says that you try to read data after the end of the file. Into VWD, when I have to read a file, I write this file with another name and I rename this file when all the process is completed. I looks like a file is read in VWD at a time where it is not fully written by the host.

Could you give me very precise informations on your problem.

• This error appears every time at the middle time of the simulation?
  • This error appears for clothes and for hair?
  • This error appears for every lengths of animation?
  • The simulations you had with a good result are they repeatable or they work correctly sometimes and have the error the other times?

Could you give me the names of the dynamic elements you use. If I have them, I could make some tests. I suppose the static simulations work correctly.

Perhaps, could you send me a short video showing the display of the message. Perhaps I will see something that will help me.

Visibly, you have the problem in all the versions. The problem comes certainly from VWD and not from the bridges.

I look at your reply to begin to find your error.

Excuse me again for the delay.

npayn ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 9:15 AM

Thanks VWD and Philemot, great work.

Just to keep you busy on a Saturday night here is a description of a couple of problems I have come across. (apart from trying to run it with too many objects in scene or trying to run it with No Sub Samples of greater than 20 with maximum No iterations of 7 or greater)

Error1. Windows10Insider14915 only, If I add a Figure as Collision object before adding a Wardrobe item(or items) as Collision objects and then add a Cloth(or Hair) item, I get a Violation error when starting simulation(or Generate springs for Hair). See image "vwd error v42 figure first". I get the error every time when using elements below. However error does not occur on other combinations of Figures and Wardrobe items (sorry I don't have list of elements that it worked ok for). If Wardrobe item(s) are added before Figure then error does not occur when running Cloth simulation. This then works ok for Cloth (e.g. Nwear_shirt) dynamic simulations, however Hair simulation has further issues, see error2 below.

Error2. Violation error when starting/running Hair simulation. Have run Static simulation with Collision elements Nwear_shirt and Victoria4.2 and Maria Hair as Cloth element to create element Maria_Hair_1. Restart VWD and add Collision elements Nwear_shirt and Victoria4.2 (in that order) and then add Maria_Hair_1 as Hair. Select Victoria4.2 as collision actor for Hair. Select Preset of Victoria42 DAZ in Hair parameters. Show hair and generate springs. Start dynamic simulation. On Machine 1 simulation starts but fails with a "Bridge to VWD crashed..." error anywhere between frame 1 and 235 (of 311frames). See image "vwd error hair v42 machine1". Once error message appears then unable to close VWD. When trying to close VWD it brings up a Violation error message in VWD. Only way to close it is to kill VWD process. On Machine 2 simulation does not start, it immediately brings up VWD Violation error message. See image "vwd error hair v42 machine2". However am able to close VWD after error message has been displayed.

I was able to complete a short 100frame Hair simulation on machine 1, however it was a once only event and all other attempts at dynamic Hair simulation of 100frame or more failed.

Elements; Victoria4.2 Nwear_shirt by Masanori Kobayashi Maria Hair and OOT Hairblending by outoftouch Animation - blank aniblock, start-(N),3x forward_1_cycle, stop-(N), blank aniblock, start-(N), corner right (for total of 311 frames) from aniMate Walk Construction Kit by GoFigure Hongyu's Bikini 2 for V4/A4/G4/Elite by hongyu (not part of simulation)

Machine1 Windows10, DAZ4.9 and DAZ4.9.3.71PublicBuild, VWD 1.0.408.2976 Machine2 Windows10Insider14915, DAZ4.9 and DAZ4.9.3.71PublicBuild, VWD 1.0.408.2976 The multithread values are as set by VWD. Both machines have more than adequate system and video ram. vwd error hair v42 machine2.PNGvwd error hair v42 machine1.PNGvwd error v42 figure first.PNG

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 10:10 AM

@npayn : Thank you for your very precise informations. Have you the possibility to make the same tests on Poser? I believe I own Maria hair (not sure!). I make some tests and I give you a reply. Have you made a test using the "Reinit all parameters" function. This function seems to resolve some problems. I don't know why because it just resets the parameters. Thank you to occupy my lazy weekends ;-))

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 3:51 PM

@npayn : I have made a test with Maria hair in Poser and in Daz Studio. On my computer, all works correctly.

I send you a video showing the result : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9c39Rz2Ec-JRHk4TjR6U0pMeVE to show you that the simulation exists.

I begin to have some ideas about these errors. Can you confirm me that the messages appear always during the simulation.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 3:56 PM ยท edited Sat, 03 September 2016 at 3:57 PM

@primeuser : thinking to the errors you had, can you confirm that you have these errors in Poser as well.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 9:27 PM

Mythico:

I couldn't replicate your errors with animated simulations on either of my systems (WinXP_x86/Win7_x64). I tried both simple, and a complex animation simulation that ran for over 4 hours. I was able to use all selection parameters, including material selections without errors at the end of simulations, and both individual poses and full animations returned to host (DS) without issues.

Please add more details (environment, meshes used, etc.), so VirtualWorldDynamics, and/or Philemot can try to help you better.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 9:30 PM

Poser 11, V4 and L.A. Hair by Aery Soul (or whateva name they're using now) - Getting 'object not found' error.

What parameters are you using or can be used for the hair?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 6:10 AM

@NolosQuinn : Thank you to give me all the informations concerning your environment. This is very usefull. The "Object not found" message appears when the delay between the start of the importation and the real importation of the file is too long. I have to look at the program but I believe this time is 30s. Some hair have many vertices and the preparation of the importation can take a lot of time. Perhaps, I have to increase this value because the new hair particularly have more and more vertices. Have you this problem with simple hair. Could you tell me the path of the VWD program. I suppose you only use the Poser interface. Have you tried to remove all the files in the "Exchange" directory, by pressing the button or in the Windows Explorer. Have you tried to press on the "Reset all parameters" button. Philemot told me he has to do that regularly. I've looked at the program and I don't understand why this can resolve the problem because I only change the values in the interface.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 6:20 AM

Hello npayn,

I would like to resolve your problem. I give you the same informations as NolosQuinn.

Have you tried to press on the "Reset all parameters" button. Philemot told me he has to do that regularly. I've looked at the program and I don't understand why this can resolve the problem because I only change the values in the interface.

Have you tried to remove all the files in the "Exchange" directory, by pressing the button or in the Windows Explorer.

Could you tell me the path of the VWD program.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 8:01 AM

@primeuser : Just a thought, could you make a test. As I said before, the problem you have is linked the reading of a file. During the simulation, the only file the program has to read is the animation of the collision element(s). This reading is made at each frame, but you can read the full animation and then start the simulation. This action has an advantage and an inconvenient. The advantage is that the simulation runs more quickly. If you want to run several time the same animation, you keep this advantage and you don't have the inconvenient that follows. The inconvenient is you have to wait that the importation of the animation is fully imported to start the simulation.

1. you import a collision object with an animation and you uncheck the "New animation" check box.

2. When the character is imported, you open the "Collision" tab again and you press on the "Record" button. The animation is played in the host and in VWD. At the same time, this animation is recorded in VWD. You can verify the recording of the animation by pressing the space bar. The animation must be played in VWD and not in the host. You can then press the Up key to return to the begin of the animation in VWD.

3. you can import the cloth or the hair and make the actions you want on the vertices.

4. When all is ready, you can start the simulation. At this time, there will be no exchange between VWD and the host. The simulation must go to its end without any problems.

Could you tell me if this method resolves your problem.

If we want to stay logical, the problem, if it exists, should be during the importation of the animation.

I hope the method will help you.

npayn ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 8:26 AM

Thanks VWD, I tried using the "Reinit all parameters" function but both computers still fail.

On the Windows10 computer, if I use just Victoria4.2 (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Hair) the simulation runs ok. (e.g. like in your example)

If I use Victoria4.2 and Nwear_shirt (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Hair) the simulation fails during the dynamic simulation creation with a "Bridge to VWD crashed..." error.

It did work just the once, with a short 100frame animation. But has failed every other time I have tried.

The Windows10Insider Preview computer gives a Violation error every time I run a Hair simulation.

It fails with just Victoria4.2 (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Hair).

If I use just Victoria4.2 (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Cloth) it runs ok.

If I use Victoria4.2 and Nwear_shirt (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Cloth) it crashes with a "Bridge to VWD crashed..." error.

When I have some time I will look at the system error logs and see if I can see why Hair simulation is failing on the Windows10Insider Preview computer. The Windows10InsiderPreveiw is not that different from standard Windows10 so I should be able to find a reason why it fails on one and not the other, just need some free time. When I see this type of error in my own code I usually look for 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit errors.

I do have Poser on the Windows10InsiderPreview computer but have not used it for a long time. When I have time (might be as late as next weekend) I will give it a try in Poser and see if VWD Hair simulation works when using Poser on the Windows10InsiderPreview computer .

Well the weekend is over so back to the grind for the next five days.

npayn ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 8:33 AM

Yes, have tried using the "Delete all "Exchange" files" and "Restore default parameters" functions. I have not tried deleting exchange files in Windows Explorer. Will give that a try next weekend. VWD path on both computers is C:/VWD

Regards

npayn ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 4:48 AM

I think I have fixed my problems. I have only done two simulations tests but both worked fine.

The problem appears to be the version of Python I had.

The Windows10InsiderPreview computer had Python 2.7.12(64bit). I uninstalled that and installed Python 3.6.0a4(64bit) and have been able to run Hair simulations of 311 frames with Victoria4.2 (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Hair) and also Victoria4.2 and Nwear_shirt (as Collision) and Maria hair (as Hair) without error.

My Windows10 computer has Python 3.5.2(64bit) installed. When I get time I will uninstall that and install Python 3.6.0a4(64bit) on it and see if that fixes the problems I was having with it.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 8:41 AM

@VWD - Yes, I've done all of the above. I used a simpler hair for now but will go back and test again later this week.

keycode17 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 10:35 PM

banal question, I'm sorry for bothering you all: may I use vwd daz plugin without installing the main application in poser 9? I don't use poser and it is too much expensive buy for me :-( . ..... So if I buy the two components (the main program vwd and the plugin for Daz, is it enough for using your product just and only with Daz3d and without issues? thank you.

keycode17 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 10:40 PM

keycode17 posted at 10:37PM Mon, 05 September 2016 - #4282279

banal question, I'm sorry for bothering you all: may I use vwd daz plugin without installing the main application in poser 9? I don't use poser and it is too much expensive buy for me :-( . ..... So if I buy the two components (the main program vwd and the plugin for Daz, is it enough for using your product just and only with Daz3d and without issues? thank you.

I use windows 10 64bit and eventually I will install the updated version of Python like NolosQuinn did.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 11:12 PM

keycode17:

Yes, you can use VWD without installing it in Poser9 for DAZ Studio with the add-on DS Bridge for VWD. The DS Bridge talks to the main VWD EXE the same way Poser would, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, you still need to purchase the main (Poser) VWD, and the DS Bridge to VWD for use with DAZ Studio. You just don't have to use Poser whatsoever, unless you want to as well.

keycode17 ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 8:05 AM

DaremoK3 posted at 7:51AM Tue, 06 September 2016 - #4282282

keycode17:

Yes, you can use VWD without installing it in Poser9 for DAZ Studio with the add-on DS Bridge for VWD. The DS Bridge talks to the main VWD EXE the same way Poser would, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, you still need to purchase the main (Poser) VWD, and the DS Bridge to VWD for use with DAZ Studio. You just don't have to use Poser whatsoever, unless you want to as well.

thank you for your kind and fast answer ... I'm sure I will like a lot to test VWD, even if I'm not so advanced user ;-) . My best wishes for your work, finally I think I can afford to get the full VWD (and Daz plugin). Kisses from Italy.

keycode17 ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 11:27 AM

.... and... It WO(ooooooh)RKS !!!!! with conforming skirt, dynamic pose, fast even with my old processor i5! After some lethal try, during I was going on without looking the PDF manual (i'm so bad, I know), with default settings, everything went flawless. I MUST say ... this program is totally intuitive even for eternal beginners like me. I can't figure so a lot of time discovering the really infinite extended options. I hope this merit of your's will give a real effective push to the Daz team for more and more better future team work. Thanks to you all.

Mythico ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 12:20 PM ยท edited Tue, 06 September 2016 at 12:24 PM

Daremok3, thanks for verifying my reported issue. My environment is straight forward, tested systematically on simple scenes, as mentioned clearly in my issue report.

Philemot (at the Daz bridge thread) seems to have confirmed the delay-crash issue when exiting VWD and working on it so that's good...

Hair sim still doesn't work on any type of hair, custom obj or Daz classics. Frequent 'Violation error message', usually after Vertices selection stage. Quite a few similar reports about hair sim bugs too and I think VWD is close to identifying the pattern...

I'm currently using Cloth sim to animate the hair meshes which work out quite well too. VWD is usable even at this early stage. Definitely having fun with the experimenting with interesting things you can do with dynamic deformation!

There's a very energetic discussion at Daz forum about Daz users preference for conforming vs dynamic clothing and some user rendered VWD results are show cased. Lots of interest!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 2:07 PM

Hello keycode17,

I like your remark on the advanced user. In fact, I am not an advanced user myself. I own a basic version of Poser (not Pro) and I am a beginner in Daz Studio. But I love to do simulations.

I do not know if you followed the long attempt to sale VWD. I wrote some sentences to prevent the buyers to think that the use of VWD was easy. In fact, VWD is perhaps not so easy to use, It needs many tests and needs to understand the actions you make, but there is no relation with the fact to be an advanced user or not.

I will remove this sentence from the text of the program. Thank you for that.

keycode17 ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 10:35 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:37PM Tue, 06 September 2016 - #4282343

Hello keycode17,

I like your remark on the advanced user. In fact, I am not an advanced user myself. I own a basic version of Poser (not Pro) and I am a beginner in Daz Studio. But I love to do simulations.

I do not know if you followed the long attempt to sale VWD. I wrote some sentences to prevent the buyers to think that the use of VWD was easy. In fact, VWD is perhaps not so easy to use, It needs many tests and needs to understand the actions you make, but there is no relation with the fact to be an advanced user or not.

I will remove this sentence from the text of the program. Thank you for that.

the first impact with VWD (really the first minutes) honestly was a little hard, but it was looking everything so relatively "ready to go" that I wanted to change some parameters without thinking to the result, that's it. And yes, of course I was following since the beginning the complicated attempt of your team in various forum. During some years (10!) I collected too much crap, really bad products coupled with nightmare tutorials, and it is always a rare experience when something keeps the honest promises. For us, simple Daz users, your VWD materializes the hope for what we think "autofit" (in static or dynamic pose) should be in the future. In Daz3d they had till now the best approach with business, keeping freeware the program core: it's not banal, open minded (intelligent) people are so rare today! So please go on with your GREAT effort in making Daz a 3d dream. Ciao!

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 1:48 PM

keycode17:

Glad to see you are up and running with VWD, and that you are finding it intuitive to use. Have fun using it for your creations.

Mythico:

I just re-read your report that I was working from. For environment, it is your PC environment I am talking about (operating system, processors, RAM, video, etc.). As there is only a small team of testers, chances are that we might not have a variable in our PC environment that will duplicate the errors you are encountering. This is why I suggest to list your PC environment for the software authors, so if any of the beta testers can not duplicate the errors, that they might be better informed to try and track down the bugs (outside of information already on hand).

Regarding your report, I did note two things; One, I am using the shortcut "T" which opens up both Vertices Tools + Vertices Group Tabs simultaneously. Could you, please, try that work-flow, and see if the error still persists? And, two, I can confirm that if there is ever a need to force kill VWD (hung, not responding, etc.), DAZ Studio is unable to relaunch VWD through the bridge script without itself becoming hung-up, and needing to be force killed as well. Not sure if issue lies with DS, or the VWD Bridge, but I believe it does need to be investigated.

agape ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:22 AM

I am using a short hair model in my animation. I imported it into VWD but right before it shows me the validate button, I get this error message: "Not enough memory size, you must change the parameters." I have 16g of ram and 4g of GPU ram. I shouldn't be running out! As for the parameters, I am at a loss. I don't where to tweek it. I am assuming it is in the parameters right after I hit the first hair button but don't know what to do!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.