Wed, Sep 18, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Share your VWD Renders!

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 7:34 AM

I am so glad I found VWD, been like a kid in the candy store since I got it! Some recent dress, hair and romance work...!

Medieval Princess Dress and Nimue Hair Goth Girl Dress and Diva Hair

sexy-aaron-and-issa2.jpg

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 7:39 AM

Writers_Block posted at 7:39AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4271913

Beauties at Rest.jpg

Beauties at Rest. (With a B&W version on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/da5k84t )

Hair was done in VWD; it is brilliant for it btw. :)

Used Daz Studio and Blender; the sheet was draped in Blender. Haven't yet tried it in VWD, but I will.

Gorgeous render I love it

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 7:41 AM

Smaker1 posted at 7:40AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4272276

Hello,

Bravo for all your renders!

And here is my last one. An old Victoria 4 dynamic clothe (Oriental Dream) on Genesis 2. 5 simulations without any problems in VWD. In the poser clothe room I didn't had any success. It's also with using the plug for DS4 by Phil

Mariko.jpg

This is very nice love the draping

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 7:42 AM

Writers_Block posted at 7:42AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4272905

Nice render. Dressed to Kill.jpg

OK, decided to turn it into a render, entitle: Dressed to Kill.

What hair did you use for this? It's really nice and I am looking for something like it...

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 7:43 AM

Sepiasiren posted at 1:42PM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278137

I am so glad I found VWD, been like a kid in the candy store since I got it! Some recent dress, hair and romance work...!

sexy-aaron-and-issa2.jpg

Aw wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff!!! I'm currently waiting on the VWD bridge to Daz being released, renders/animations like yours make me feel demented, lol! XD

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 8:27 AM

Ashfire45 posted at 8:26AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278144

Sepiasiren posted at 1:42PM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278137

sexy-aaron-and-issa2.jpg

Aw wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff!!! I'm currently waiting on the VWD bridge to Daz being released, renders/animations like yours make me feel demented, lol! XD

LOL--hey thanks...I know right--there's something to be said for the fluidity of motion and this is a product that can only get better with time...have you asked about closed beta testing?

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 8:33 AM

Hey--I just sent you a Renderosity email with some suggestions :-)

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 12:20 PM

Writers_Block posted at 12:18PM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278122

Neighbourhood is for parts that are not connected, so useful for hair: the upper parts, and say making sure buttons stay where they are supposed to and not drop on the floor.

Nice. Sounds like the equivalent of Daz Studio Rigid Follow Node, its influence area.

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 12:33 AM · edited Tue, 02 August 2016 at 12:33 AM

Hey guys--I just finished a Portalz Teaser that has some of the VWD renders in it--those who have seen my earlier VWD works may recognize some of the clips --

PORTALZ TEASER

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 4:57 PM · edited Tue, 02 August 2016 at 4:58 PM

So, guys... You've likely seen me around the forum, eagerly fan-girling over every VWD related thing out there... Well, guess who's had the fantastic pleasure of becoming a beta-tester? Both the hair and dress have been through VWD!! The dress is actually a V4 one, the figure Genesis 3 Female... But when she started off on V4, that's the dress she made her very first appearance in!

I won't lie, the hair was murder to get simulated, but that was purely because of my own inexperience. But I hope you guys like it!!! You guys have no idea how happy I am right now with this, I could burst into confetti!! x3

Forestbae.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 7:35 AM

Looks good

Use vertex extension for hair. Dont have lots of springs.

When you get the dynamic parameters up, I use vertex extension, with Distance Min selected and set to 0.27; set Distance to 0.3. Then click apply parameters and generate, otherwise you get default settings if you use 'Hair' at the top.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 8:09 AM

Writers_Block posted at 2:07PM Wed, 03 August 2016 - #4278473

Looks good

When you get the dynamic parameters up, I use vertex extension, with Distance Min selected and set to 0.27; set Distance to 0.3. Then click apply parameters and generate, otherwise you get default settings if you use 'Hair' at the top.

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I'm a bit shocked that I have to use vertex extension for hair - I've been using neighborhood all this time! I can't wait to try out your settings though, thank you! =D

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 8:16 AM · edited Wed, 03 August 2016 at 8:18 AM

Ashfire45 posted at 2:14PM Wed, 03 August 2016 - #4278475

Writers_Block posted at 2:07PM Wed, 03 August 2016 - #4278473

Looks good

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I'm a bit shocked that I have to use vertex extension for hair - I've been using neighborhood all this time! I can't wait to try out your settings though, thank you! =D

Sorry I meant vertex neighbourhood. Generally extension doesn't work as all the parts are not connected. Vertex neighbourhood with the settings as indicated. I've had simulations with well over 30 million springs, but it is painfully slow.

I've tried extension; and I plan to again, as could actually set stiffness in vertices groups and apply it to the upper part of the hair using vertex neighbourhood, with vertex extension for the lower part.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2016 at 6:48 PM

Writers_Block : I don't understand why you have to use these parameters. Could you tell me the hair you use.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2016 at 10:31 AM · edited Sat, 06 August 2016 at 10:32 AM

test hair.JPG

This was Silvana hair. A million springs for this, I didn't use the reduce springs option, was testing out the new VWD now I figured out why it wasn't working.

I loaded using vertex extension, and used vertex neighbourhood on the upper part and vertex extension on the lower; worked well.

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 4:33 PM

Hey! Wanted to share some draping and dynamics tests I did recently with legacy clothing--yes, I am having waaay too much fun over here lol

direct link: https://vimeo.com/178388667

DYNAMIC TESTS DRESSES AND HAIR

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 4:33 PM

Writers_Block posted at 4:33PM Wed, 10 August 2016 - #4278940

test hair.JPG

This was Silvana hair. A million springs for this, I didn't use the reduce springs option, was testing out the new VWD now I figured out why it wasn't working.

I loaded using vertex extension, and used vertex neighbourhood on the upper part and vertex extension on the lower; worked well.

whoa, so gorgeous!!!!!

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 4:34 PM

Writers_Block posted at 4:33PM Wed, 10 August 2016 - #4278940

test hair.JPG

I find that using both vertices and neighborhood options does work well...

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 7:31 PM · edited Wed, 10 August 2016 at 7:33 PM

@Writers_Block : thank you for this superb image. I am happy the hair works correctly now.

@Sepiasiren : Thank you for these marvelous animations. I think I will soon ask you to learn me a program that animates clothes and hair. 😃

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 1:21 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 1:20AM Thu, 11 August 2016 - #4279521

@Writers_Block : thank you for this superb image. I am happy the hair works correctly now.

@Sepiasiren : Thank you for these marvelous animations. I think I will soon ask you to learn me a program that animates clothes and hair. 😃

😆

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 5:23 AM

Lovin these renders! Speaking of loving these renders, did you guys see the new Gallery yet?!?!?

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

akuei2 ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 8:34 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2016 at 4:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

He, new try with VWD on D|Z. G3f with fantasy wrap cloth.

fantasy.png

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 4:21 PM

Nice, Akuei2.

PS added a nudity tag to your post. Lol

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 8:15 PM · edited Sun, 11 September 2016 at 8:15 PM

Jealousy by Kaleya

Animation of dress.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 2:43 PM

@NolosQuinn : I love the fluidity of the dress. Thank you for this simulation 😀

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 1:29 AM

@VWD - You made this possible. Thank you.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

grinch2901 ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 12:54 PM

When you create a cloth item, you can choose to use vertices neighborhood or not. If you use it, it basically welds adjacent (but not connected) vertices toghether. This is good because it keeps the cloth from flying apart if it wasn't made to be "watertight". However sometimes an interesting effect can be had by disabling it. I decided to try it.

I disable it on the shirt below but I used vertex tools to select the buttons strip below the chest and FIX them in place. They would not fly apart now but the ones from the chest up would since they aren't connected. I then ran a static sim and manually pulled the shirt around to get it to look like it's being ripped open. I can't think of any other tool I could have used to do this. VWD is brilliant!

Back to Work.jpg

ironsite ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 11:58 PM

If I'd tried to use the standard DAZ dynamic clothing solution, the front of the dress would have fallen down. :)

Lara - Long Black Dress 01.jpg

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 5:41 AM

Love these new renders. Could you all PLEASE post them in the VWD Gallery so we can spread the word & I have some art to do my Staff Picks.... Thanks!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 2:12 PM

Thank you for these renders. I love them.

grinch2901 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 8:34 PM

Added this to the gallery tonight:

Rodin Redux.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 5:44 AM

ironsite posted at 11:43AM Thu, 15 September 2016 - #4283306

If I'd tried to use the standard DAZ dynamic clothing solution, the front of the dress would have fallen down. :)

Lara - Long Black Dress 01.jpg

Great image. As a distraction it was a great success; I noticed ther legs, and was too late noticeing the gun... So I'm currently bleeding out on the floor. :(

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 5:45 AM

I've uploaded an image to the gallery. Just VWD on the hair. The bikini didn't need it.:)

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?image_id=2707152

Sunny7 G3F Default UVs.jpg

beemeekay ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2016 at 9:52 AM · edited Sat, 17 September 2016 at 9:54 AM

Not a perfect render, but a side by side comparision of an animation of a V4 dress on a G2F character.

Vimeo video

Here's a screenshot:

videx.JPG

grinch2901 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2016 at 2:06 PM

beemeekay, that's a pretty dramatic illustration of the limits of conforming and why dynamic is essential in some circumstances. Up until now Daz Studio lacked that capability almost totally and I think that limited its application, for the reasons you illustrate so well. At least poser always had something.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2016 at 12:08 PM

Hello,

Long time no post 😄 !! Here is my last project "Space corsair" inspired by old paintings.

VWD was used for getting more natural feeling (coat, sash, pant, hauberk,...) and for conversion (Genesis Male coat on Genesis Female). Really easy and fun with VWD!

Corsair web.jpg

Question: what's your version of the DS4 bridge ? mine: 1.4.0.114

Thanks

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2016 at 4:44 PM

Smaker1 posted at 10:43PM Mon, 17 October 2016 - #4286994

Hello,

Long time no post 😄 !! Here is my last project "Space corsair" inspired by old paintings.

VWD was used for getting more natural feeling (coat, sash, pant, hauberk,...) and for conversion (Genesis Male coat on Genesis Female). Really easy and fun with VWD!

Corsair web.jpg

Question: what's your version of the DS4 bridge ? mine: 1.4.0.114

Thanks

Love the image. And yup, same version of the bridge.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2016 at 6:17 AM

Thanks Writer!

I have some troubles with subdivision in VWD (not DS4 subd) do you have the same ? Example with subd = 1.

subd.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2016 at 7:40 AM · edited Tue, 18 October 2016 at 7:41 AM

I rarely use subd. It looks like the mesh is seperated. Perhaps try Vertices neighbourhood, not extension - from Vertex Groups?

You might have to play around with distance too, otherwise parts of material (and hair) can move with other parts.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2016 at 7:33 PM · edited Thu, 08 December 2016 at 7:34 PM

Hey all, my first post using VWD :) I need to add the hair to the sim, but its a start!

Daz Iray render, that I limited to 30 seconds render time per frame, so its a little grainy.

MikotoWalking.gif

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 5:44 AM

3doutlaw posted at 11:43AM Sat, 10 December 2016 - #4292204

Hey all, my first post using VWD :) I need to add the hair to the sim, but its a start!

Daz Iray render, that I limited to 30 seconds render time per frame, so its a little grainy.

MikotoWalking.gif

looks great, and yeh the hair could do with some animation, but it's not a huge issue. Her hands and lower arms are more of an eye catcher.

3DFineries ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 1:40 PM

We're having a little "Render Race"/ Contest for VWD users. Check out this thread HERE!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 4:40 AM

Hello,

after a long black out (my last trouble was a disk crash and a complete reset of my computer). Let's start with a little creation to warm up. I'm quite happy with the result. An old V4 clothe on G3 simulated with VWD of course! VWD managed perfectly the wrist part so I could put some jewels.

Have a nice WE!

Chang Gon-Web.jpg

grinch2901 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2017 at 2:30 PM

Smaker1, beautiful job!

3DFineries ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2017 at 8:36 AM

Adorable, Smaker1! Very nice drapes. 😃

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Smaker1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2017 at 10:24 AM

Thank you both.

I really love VWD: with arms against the body VWD still manage correctly the simulation.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2017 at 3:21 PM

Smaker1, Your image is really beautiful. I love all your renderings. I am very pleased you love VWD. I've made an image for the "Most Valuable Product of the Year Award". I tried to do a realistic scene. VWD has been used for the bed, the dress and the hair.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2017 at 4:18 PM

Here is the image. Sorry!!

Image VWD2 final.jpg

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2017 at 9:18 AM

@ VirtualWorldDynamics It's just brilliant.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2017 at 3:05 PM

Hello Philemot,

Thank you for your comment. These simulations have been made using a brilliant tool that you know a bit, named "Bridge for Daz Studio". ;-) Thank you for writing this marvelous tool.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.