Fri, Oct 4, 9:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser arrives tomorrow

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:19 AM

The above screengrabs are from the final version.

I am NOT a dentist, so I also cleaned out the mouth and the eyes, and all what was "optional". These "final" versions, are now 6.384 polygons, rendered at SubD level1 and crease angle set to 180°.

About single maps. I convert "ALL", Poser native figures to "Single map" figures. => For these that is a 8.192x8192 map.

For Roxie and Pauline that is a 16.384x4096 map.

Best regards, Tony

Vs.jpg

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:28 AM

The above are the "raw" obj file versions. I also have versions where I use the "High Definition Morph" projections that I demo in my tutorial video series on YouTube.

Just search for the "Poser2Blender2Poser" series on youtube. (5 video's so far)

The series will continue when my injured hand gets better.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 10:02 AM

Looking at the eyes, they appear to be from the same base model of Judy. You've done a great job here and it does open some doors for other folks to venture into character development, especially now with subdivide.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 10:29 AM

Ha Boni,

You know I am Always looking to get improvements in the object files and one of the things that recently changed are the eyes.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 3:50 PM

I would love to see the newer feature (relatively speaking) of the lids following eye movement ... to older models like jessi, James, Judy, Don and V3-2-1 and their derivatives. I would use these characters more if they had this. Can this be done?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 4:20 PM

Yes that can be done, but it is not a walk in the park. You can:

• Add bones;or
  • Add magnets, or
  • Add morphs

and paint the fall-off zones. and work the dependency editor.

Not easy, but advanced level and doable.

Study the Bella beta from Ali, she uses them. (reminder that the obj file is still in maintenance) but the rigging is looking very-very- nice. Play with the little balls in front of the eyes and mouth. LOL.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 8:36 PM

Actually, those figures explain a lot. 😱

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 4:13 AM

A little WARNING here: ALWAYS make a backup of the original obj file.

When you add bones in the setup room, Poser will save a fresh cr2 AND a fresh object file. And you run into the issue I show in this video:

Why you have to delete the obj files that Poser saves for you.

And you have to replace the "new" object file with the original one. (or edit the cr2 as in the video)

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2016 at 7:19 AM

@ Boni

Also know that most default eye shapes are far off. Here I improved the shape of the eye, not yet completely satisfied, but getting there. Eye-shape.jpg

Yes, yes, this is still the "modified" Poser-Pro LOW res female at 6.384 poly's.

And, arch, I forgot to bake the brows in this texture. Grrrrr, at myself.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 3:09 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

The original Poser-Pro-Lo-Res female is in the middle.

The outside figures is what I build from her.

• Including the hair, they are now at 6.812 poly,
  • Rendered with Smooth enabled at crease angle 180°, and at SubD level 1. (No HD Morphs used in this example) Poser-Pro-Lo-Res-female.jpg

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 3:47 PM

Hey Tony, do they work in the Face room?

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 3:57 PM

Hi Earl, I have Blender, and never use the faceroom anyway.

But to answer your question : YES, they are faceroom compatible.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 4:03 PM · edited Wed, 07 September 2016 at 4:06 PM

But???

I gained the most by cleaning out the inside mouths, and replacing it with a personal inner mouth, including teeth and tongue. Then I removed both eyes (they are a mess) and replaced those with new eyes/cornea's I build. Then I cut up the chest and abdomen, and replaced those with higher poly versions.

And , I removed and fixed some 320 object file errors.

The end result is a reduction in poly count from about 8.300 to 6.812 (and that includes the hair that I added to the obj file in Blender.)

Then I created the most common, facial expressions, eyes and mouth/tongue morphs.

And finally, the hair has got mix of morphs too. Partially created in Blender, partially with the Poser Morph brush.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.